• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am trying to export the name of the field value (not the ID of the value within the look up field).  Is this possible?

I know this can be done with Reports, but I need to do it with dataloader so that I can extract the record ID, otherwise I cannot update with the record ID from Reports, right?
Hi There,

This is a weird one. I am doing a field update (TEXT field) via Dataloader, the data loader success file states that the field value have been updated successfully. When I go into the record (Cases object), I noticed that the value does not appear. As a test I updated (via data loader) other fields on the Case object and they seem to update/appear successfully.

The thing to note is that when you manually type in a field value into this field and hit save, the value gets removed. Seems like there is a background process going on which is removing any value from the field? Any idea what is the best way to find out what trigger or background process could be touching this field?

Here are my details and items I have checked:
- No validation rules are associated
- No workflow is associated
- I am a system administrator with full access.
- I have run debug logs and could only find an 'aggregration' line item associated to the field name. A bunch is code so I am unsure of what exactly could be going on.

Any help, tools or direction would be much appreciated.

Hi There,

I am looking to make a minor change to an apex class in production? What is the best and secure way of making this change? (ie: change it in sandbox, and push the change set through to production? OR make the change in Eclipse and update the changes to the server?)

Also, if you could point me a resource which shows you how to update the code from eclipse to our production environment, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!
We have a valdation rule which references a RecordTypeID. When I enter this ID into the URL is says 'Insufficient Privileges'. I have the system admin profile and access to development mode. Is there any way to locate a RecordTypeID in a mass search funcationality?
Hi There,

I am looking to make a minor change to an apex class in production? What is the best and secure way of making this change? (ie: change it in sandbox, and push the change set through to production? OR make the change in Eclipse and update the changes to the server?)

Also, if you could point me a resource which shows you how to update the code from eclipse to our production environment, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!