• 25 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I would like to create a trigger for attachments, however I cannot find the options page for this object.
Where do I need to go to create attachments for this object?
I have a custom object which is mirrored to Opportunities with apex, a Opp foreign key field is then left in a field in my custom object.
How can I create a trigger which on attachment uploads to my custom object, they are copied to the relevant opportunity?
My Customer Portal consists of 5 tabs, as expected when users click on the tab once the page is loaded the tab is highlighted to indicate which page they are on.
For one of my tabs, the links to the objects are displayed in a customer visual force page (using the same page template), as its a child of the Object I expected the objects tab to be highlighted it doesnt.

Is there a way on that particular VF page that I can set which tab to highlight?
I have a custom VisualForce page for Viewing items in a particular Object, I would like however the view to be only be shown for Portal users, for all other users it should display the normal SF pages.

I have found a solution already but it feels quite 'hackish' because when non portal users view it they are shown the development page for the visual page very breifly before being redirected to the normal SF view page.
This is the code if it makes more sense:
<apex:page standardController="News__c" action="{!if($Profile.Name =='Heathrow Portal', null,
        urlFor($Action.News__c.View, News__c.Id, null, true))}">

I want to know if there are any other ways I can implement this behavior?
I have created a visualforce page that uses a custom controller to fetch data using SOQL and display them in my dataList.
At this moment in time I have manually limited the rows using the LIMIT string in SOQL but what I would like to do is show X number of items per page and then have pagination so users can navigate through the pages.

How can I modify my existing code to reflect this?

Visualforce:
<apex:page controller="NewsController">

<apex:dataTable value="{!newsitems}" var="article" id="theTable" rowClasses="odd,even" 
styleClass="tableClass" columnClasses="col-name, col-title, col-date, col-link">
           <apex:column>
                 <apex:facet name="header">#</apex:facet>
                 <apex:outputText value="{!article.name}"/>
           </apex:column>
                 <apex:facet name="header">Article</apex:facet>
                 <apex:outputText value="{!article.title__c}"/>
                 <apex:facet name="header">Publish Date</apex:facet>
                 <apex:outputText value="{!article.publish_date__c}"/>
                 <apex:facet name="header"></apex:facet>
                 <apex:outputLink value="/{!article.id}">View Article ></apex:outputLink>
     </apex:dataTable>
NewsController:
public class NewsController {

public LIST<News__C> getNewsitems() {
        return [SELECT Id, Name, Title__C, Publish_Date__c FROM News__c ORDER BY LastModifiedDate DESC LIMIT 10];
    }

}

I have a datatable displaying a custom object in my visualforce page, currently I display a output link in my last column to link to the detail page for the record.
How can I make the whole row clickable to the detail page?
I am creating a VIsualforce which will be a News archive page listing items from my `News` object.
I would like the page to display a list of news article titles `name` field along with their created date displayed as the `publish date`. The page needs to have pagination.
Each row should be clickable which links to the detail page of the news item.

How can I acheive this using VisualForce?
My Customer Portal consists of 5 tabs, as expected when users click on the tab once the page is loaded the tab is highlighted to indicate which page they are on.
For one of my tabs, the links to the objects are displayed in a customer visual force page (using the same page template), as its a child of the Object I expected the objects tab to be highlighted it doesnt.

Is there a way on that particular VF page that I can set which tab to highlight?
I have a custom object which is mirrored to Opportunities with apex, a Opp foreign key field is then left in a field in my custom object.
How can I create a trigger which on attachment uploads to my custom object, they are copied to the relevant opportunity?

I am creating a VIsualforce which will be a News archive page listing items from my `News` object.
I would like the page to display a list of news article titles `name` field along with their created date displayed as the `publish date`. The page needs to have pagination.
Each row should be clickable which links to the detail page of the news item.

How can I acheive this using VisualForce?