• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi!

I'm trying to set up a custom stylesheet for a Force.com site, and can't seem to get it working.

Here's what I tried:
I created a Force.com Site which contains 2 pages. I then created a Site Template (basically copied the default one and modified it) and applied it to the Site. Then I created a stylesheet as a Static Resource, via the developer console. I customized the Site Template to use the stylesheet I created via this code:

<apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR(!$Resource.GIStyleSheet)}"/>
But when I load my site, the stylesheet doesn't seem to be coming through.

Any advice? Thanks!
Hi! I have a trigger that runs when records are updated (before update). I want it to also run after insert, for new records, but I'm not sure how.

Here's the trigger:
trigger AddPrimaryContactToOpp on Opportunity (before update) {
// THIS TRIGGER WILL OVERWRITE ANY CONTACT DEFINED IN THE CUSTOM FIELD OPPORTUNITY_CONTACT__C ON THE OPPORTUNITY OBJECT.
// SET THIS FIELD TO READ ONLY OR CHANGE THE FUNCTIONALITY BELOW TO AVIOD DATA BEING OVERWRITTEN BY MISTAKE...
   for (Opportunity o : Trigger.new) {	
       // CREATE ARRAY OF ALL CONTACT ROLES ON THIS OPPORTUNITY. THE REASON WHY WE DONT PICK THE PRIMARY CONTACT ROLE ONLY
       // IS BECAUSE THE PRIMARY FLAG IS NOT SET WHEN LEADS ARE CONVERTED TO OPPORTUNITIES. ONLY WHEN CREATING OPPORTUNITIES
       // MANUALLY FROM THE CONTACT OBJECT THE IS PRIMARY CHECKBOX IS CHECKED...

OpportunityContactRole[] contactRoleArray =
       [select ContactID, isPrimary from OpportunityContactRole where OpportunityId = :o.id ORDER BY isPrimary DESC, createdDate];
       system.debug('>>> contact role array is ' + JSON.serialize(contactRoleArray));
       if (contactRoleArray.size() > 0) {

// IF PRIMARY IS DEFINED THEN THIS WILL BE THE FIRST OBJECT. IF NOT THE FIRST ADDED CONTACT ROLE WILL BE ADDED...
           o.Contact__c = contactRoleArray[0].ContactID;

}
       system.debug('>>> contact__c is ' + o.Contact__c);
   }
 }
Adding before insert didn't work because the OCRs are not yet created. Adding after insert didn't work either - it gave an error.

Any ideas? Thanks!

PS: this code is not bulkified (I think), so I'd love to take care of that too!

Hi! I'm working on a trigger, and hit an issue that I can't figure out.

I have a map of String,String, where the first string refers to a contact name, and the second one refers to the account name of that contact. I am populating the map inside a loop, where the variable I have to work with is c - referring to a contact.

How do I get the account name from the contact, to add it to the map?

Here's my code so far:

Map<String,String> accountsMap = new Map<String,String> ();
    for (Contact c : existingContacts){
        accountsMap.put(c.FirstName + ' ' + c.LastName, c.AccountName);
    }

but c.AccountName does not seem to exist.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Hi!

I'm trying to bulkify a trigger, and am getting an error I don't understand.

Here's the trigger:
trigger AddWebLeadToTripCampaign on Lead (after insert) {
    List<CampaignMember> CMToInsert = new List<CampaignMember> ();
    CampaignMember[] cms = new CampaignMember[0];
    for(Lead record:Trigger.new)
        try{
            if(!String.isBlank(record.Trip_Name__c)) {
                String cname = record.Trip_Name__c+' '+record.Trip_Date__c;
                cname = cname.trim();
                //System.debug('the value of cname is >>>>> ' + cname);

for(Campaign CID : [select id, name from Campaign where name = :cname]){
                    cms.add(new CampaignMember(LeadId=record.Id,CampaignId=CID.id));
                }

}
        CMToInsert.add(cms);
        }catch (Exception e){
            system.debug('The following exception has occurred: ' + e.getMessage());
        }
    insert CMToInsert;
}
The error I'm getting is
Incompatible element type LIST<CampaignMember> for collection of SOBJECT:CampaignMember

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks!
Hi! I wrote an apex test for a trigger I just wrote, and for some reason when I run the test it says "0/0 test methods passed".

I googled a bunch but couldn't find an answer, so I'm hoping you guys can help. I'm posting my trigger and class. The trigger acts when a lead is converted. What it does is populate a lookup field on the converted opportunity (contact__c) with the id of the converted contact.

Thanks in advance!

Trigger:
trigger AddPrimaryContactToConvertedOpp on Lead (After Update) {

// THIS TRIGGER WILL OVERWRITE ANY CONTACT DEFINED IN THE CUSTOM FIELD CONTACT__C ON THE OPPORTUNITY OBJECT.
// SET THIS FIELD TO READ ONLY OR CHANGE THE FUNCTIONALITY BELOW TO AVIOD DATA BEING OVERWRITTEN BY MISTAKE...

// [1] - Build map of converted Oppo Id to converted contactId
map <Id,Id> oIdToCIdMap = new map <Id,Id>();
for (Lead l : Trigger.new) 
    if (l.IsConverted && l.convertedOpportunityId != null)
        oIdToCIdMap.put(l.convertedOpportunityId,l.convertedContactId);

// [2] Update the converted Oppos
List<Opportunity> oUpdList = new List<Opportunity> ();
for (ID oId : oIdToCIdMap.keySet())
   oUpdList.add(new Opportunity(id = oId, contact__c = oIdToCIdMap.get(oId)));

update oUpdList;  // could be Database.update(oUpdList,false) if you want partial successes
}
Test class:

@isTest
public class TestAddPrimaryCToConvertedOppTrigger {

static void testInsertLead(){
    Lead L1 = new Lead(LastName='last',FirstName='first',company='company');
    insert L1;

Database.LeadConvert lc = new Database.LeadConvert();
    lc.setLeadId(L1.id);

test.startTest();

Database.LeadConvertResult lcr = Database.convertLead(lc);

Contact C1 = [SELECT Id FROM Contact WHERE Id = :L1.ConvertedContactId];

Opportunity O1 =  [SELECT Id FROM Opportunity WHERE Id = :L1.ConvertedOpportunityId];

system.AssertEquals(O1.Contact__c,C1.ID);
    test.stopTest();
    }
}
Note: I'm very much a beginner at this, so please bear with me!

I am working on an apex trigger to add new leads to the appriate campaign, based on two of the lead fields: Trip Name and Trip Date. The campaign would be named Trip Name Trip Date, with a space between the name and the date.

Here's the trigger:
        try{
                cname = cname.trim();
                System.debug('the value of cname is >>>>> ' + cname);
                List <Campaign> CIDs = [select id, name from Campaign where name = :cname limit 1];
                System.debug('the list of CIDs is >>>>> ' + CIDs);
                String CID = [SELECT ID FROM Campaign].ID;
                cms.add(new CampaignMember(LeadId=record.Id,CampaignId=CID));
            }
        insert cms;
        }catch (Exception e){
        }
}
For some reason it doesn't seem to be working. In the debug log I get an error:
USER_DEBUG|[16]|DEBUG|The following exception has occurred: List has more than 1 row for assignment to SObject

But shouldn't the "limit 1" in the query fix that?

Thanks for your help!

Hi!

I'm trying to set up a custom stylesheet for a Force.com site, and can't seem to get it working.

Here's what I tried:
I created a Force.com Site which contains 2 pages. I then created a Site Template (basically copied the default one and modified it) and applied it to the Site. Then I created a stylesheet as a Static Resource, via the developer console. I customized the Site Template to use the stylesheet I created via this code:

<apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR(!$Resource.GIStyleSheet)}"/>
But when I load my site, the stylesheet doesn't seem to be coming through.

Any advice? Thanks!
So I have created flows before where the flow is started from a record using a custom button, and that record's ID is passed into the flow as a variable, which is great!

However, I now want to do this but starting from a list view, where I would select (check) a bunch of records and then click a custom button to start the flow, and have the record IDs of all the checked records pass into the flow as a list of variables (I think it would be an sObject variable?)

Is this possible? 
Thanks
  • February 20, 2015
Hi! I have a trigger that runs when records are updated (before update). I want it to also run after insert, for new records, but I'm not sure how.

Here's the trigger:
trigger AddPrimaryContactToOpp on Opportunity (before update) {
// THIS TRIGGER WILL OVERWRITE ANY CONTACT DEFINED IN THE CUSTOM FIELD OPPORTUNITY_CONTACT__C ON THE OPPORTUNITY OBJECT.
   for (Opportunity o : Trigger.new) {	
       // CREATE ARRAY OF ALL CONTACT ROLES ON THIS OPPORTUNITY. THE REASON WHY WE DONT PICK THE PRIMARY CONTACT ROLE ONLY
       // IS BECAUSE THE PRIMARY FLAG IS NOT SET WHEN LEADS ARE CONVERTED TO OPPORTUNITIES. ONLY WHEN CREATING OPPORTUNITIES
       // MANUALLY FROM THE CONTACT OBJECT THE IS PRIMARY CHECKBOX IS CHECKED...

OpportunityContactRole[] contactRoleArray =
       [select ContactID, isPrimary from OpportunityContactRole where OpportunityId = :o.id ORDER BY isPrimary DESC, createdDate];
       system.debug('>>> contact role array is ' + JSON.serialize(contactRoleArray));
       if (contactRoleArray.size() > 0) {

// IF PRIMARY IS DEFINED THEN THIS WILL BE THE FIRST OBJECT. IF NOT THE FIRST ADDED CONTACT ROLE WILL BE ADDED...
           o.Contact__c = contactRoleArray[0].ContactID;

}
       system.debug('>>> contact__c is ' + o.Contact__c);
   }
 }
Adding before insert didn't work because the OCRs are not yet created. Adding after insert didn't work either - it gave an error.

Any ideas? Thanks!

PS: this code is not bulkified (I think), so I'd love to take care of that too!

Hi! I'm working on a trigger, and hit an issue that I can't figure out.

I have a map of String,String, where the first string refers to a contact name, and the second one refers to the account name of that contact. I am populating the map inside a loop, where the variable I have to work with is c - referring to a contact.

How do I get the account name from the contact, to add it to the map?

Here's my code so far:

Map<String,String> accountsMap = new Map<String,String> ();
    for (Contact c : existingContacts){
        accountsMap.put(c.FirstName + ' ' + c.LastName, c.AccountName);
    }

but c.AccountName does not seem to exist.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Hi!

I'm trying to bulkify a trigger, and am getting an error I don't understand.

Here's the trigger:
    List<CampaignMember> CMToInsert = new List<CampaignMember> ();
        try{
                cname = cname.trim();
                //System.debug('the value of cname is >>>>> ' + cname);

for(Campaign CID : [select id, name from Campaign where name = :cname]){
                    cms.add(new CampaignMember(LeadId=record.Id,CampaignId=CID.id));
                }

}
        CMToInsert.add(cms);
        }catch (Exception e){
        }
    insert CMToInsert;
}
The error I'm getting is
Incompatible element type LIST<CampaignMember> for collection of SOBJECT:CampaignMember

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks!

I want to be able to query for all creatable fields on an object without having to hardcode each field into the SOQL query. I have a method that builds the SOQL query and it works great except for when the WHEN statement includes id in: a collection of records.

Here is the method:

/**
    *Returns a dynamic SOQL statement for the whole object, includes only creatable fields since we will be inserting a cloned result of this query
    */
    public static string getCreatableFieldsSOQL(String objectName, String whereClause){
        String selects = '';

if(whereClause == null || whereClause == ''){
            return null;
        }

//get a map of field names and field tokens
        Map<String, Schema.SObjectField> fMap = Schema.getGlobalDescribe().get(objectName.toLowerCase()).getDescribe().Fields.getMap();
        List<String> selectFields = new List<String>();

if(fMap!=null){
            for(Schema.SObjectField ft : fMap.values()){ //loop through all field tokens (ft)
                Schema.DescribeFieldResult fd = ft.getDescribe(); //describe each field (fd)
                if (fd.isCreateable()){ //field is creatable
                    selectFields.add(fd.getName());
                }
            }
        }

Here is where I invoke the method:

String oppSOQL = CSUtils.getCreatableFieldsSOQL('Opportunity', 'id in' + clonedFromOppIDs);
        system.debug('[MF] oppSOQL: ' + oppSOQL);

for(Opportunity opp : (List<Opportunity>)Database.query(oppSOQL)){
            ClonedOppIDtoClonedOpp.put(opp.id, opp);
        }

"clonedFromOppIDs" is a set of Opportunity IDs. However, when I try to execute this code I get the error message: System.QueryException: unexpected token: '{' . This is the debug log (I removed most of the fields to make it easier to read):

16:56:07.493 (493363000)|USER_DEBUG|[28]|DEBUG|[MF] oppSOQL: SELECT ApprovedTerms__c,Rate_Type__c,WhatChanged__c FROM Opportunity WHERE id in{006Q000000BmT4XIAV}
16:56:07.493 (493388000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_EXIT|[28]|System.debug(ANY)
16:56:07.493 (493412000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_ENTRY|[30]|Database.query(String)
16:56:07.494 (494079000)|EXCEPTION_THROWN|[30]|System.QueryException: unexpected token: '{'

I've tried making the WHERE clause 'id in: ' + clonedFromOppIDs but I get the same error message. Does anyone know if there is anyway I can get around this? Or have other suggestions for how to systematically query all fields without typing each one it? Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!!

• September 10, 2013