• 15 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
ApexSharp is C# library that allows you to write Salesforce APEX code in C# and then automatically convert them to APEX code, a . It’s a Transpiler like TypeScript but convert code both ways.

By writing your APEX code in C#, you take advantage of local development plus all the advance tools that C# developers are used to. I find this way of developing is 5 to 10 times more productive then developing APEX code directly on Salesforce.

Take a look at ApexSharp.com and let me know your thougts.  

Jay

Both approaches have its pros and cons. What do you prefer and why ?

@RestResource(urlMapping='/api/restqa')
global with sharing class Jay_RestTest {

global virtual class BaseDemo {
        public String className { set; get; }
    }

global class Demo extends BaseDemo {
        public String Name { set; get; }
    }

@HttpGet
    global static BaseDemo doGet() {
        Demo d = new Demo();
        d.className = 'Demo';
        d.Name = 'Jay';
        return d;
    }
}

In the above code if the Accept type is application/json I will get

{
  "className": "Demo",
  "Name": "Jay"
}

But if its application/xml then I get 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<response xmlns:Demo="http://soap.sforce.com/schemas/class/Jay_RestTest">
    <Demo:Name>Jay</Demo:Name>
</response>

As you can see the value of the base class is missing 

Jay

For audit purpose we want to log a lot of data (We are looking at millions of data point in 24 hours). I am looking at 2 options. 

1. Create a custom object, log the data to that object. The down side is I need to write all kind of query to look at the data
2. I can skip the pain of writing query / screens by use an external logging service like Loggly or Splunk. For this I need to make out bound REST calls and I may hit the governer limits. 

any thoughts ?

Jay

Trying ot help a friend of mine, Here is the job description, may be he should edit it to make it more generic as it looks like he is looking for a unicorn  ?

Jay

Lead Force.Com Developer

About the Role

You will be the primary technology person in charge of leading a team of on site and off shore salesforce developers in developing a high transaction REST based APEX application. (This is not a Salesforce CRM project or a project management role, rather hands on APEX work utilizing Force.com platform)

Job Tasks

Tech lead for about 40 APEX developers based at various cities around the globe.
Teach APEX Programing to non SF developers and be a mentor to Jr developers
Develop coding standards and conduct code reviews
Select and manage software development tools for source code control, deployment, testing, bug tracking and change management.

Minimum Qualifications

Experience as a technical lead to a globally distributed development team
10+ years of Software engineering experience in Java or C#.
Excellent knowledge of APEX and APEX class libraries.
Ability to create APEX training material and train non SF developers.
Ability to conduct technical interviews of potential salesforce developer hires.
Experience with developing highly scalable REST API’s solutions in APEX
Good understanding of Salesforce Metadata and Tooling API.
Experience with SF security,  governor limits etc.

Preferred Qualification

Hands on experience with API Testing (Compliance, Performance, Load and Security)
Experience with large (25M+ records) datasets in salesforce.
Experience with tools to make SF development more productive (IDE’s, code generators, deployment)
Experience with parsing APEX and XML using Java or C#.
DEV401 or DEV501 certification is a plus   
Good relationship with the local salesforce developers and an ability to recruit 

Working on a blog post and need some thoughts on this question "If you are tasked with a large SF project where you need 10 - 15 SF developers, how will you do it". We all know finding SF developers is hard and trying to staff a large team is even harder. How will you go about solving this probelm. Some of my thoughts are

1. Hire Java developers and train them in SF
2. Outsource the project to a consulting firm (on shroe or off shore)
3. Be flixicable so you can have developers work from any where 

Any other thoughts ?

Jay

Can this be done ?

Every time I erase a field name by taking out the whole XML that defins the field like

<fields> <fullName>Comments__c</fullName> <description>add your comments about this object here</description> <inlineHelpText>This field contains comments made about this object</inlineHelpText> <label>Comments</label> <length>32000</length> <type>LongTextArea</type> <visibleLines>30</visibleLines> </fields>

and save to the server , nothing happens and my local copy get refreshed with the orignial schema. 

I thought about developing my own code using the MetaDataAPI but looks like del function is not supported ?

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_tooling.meta/api_tooling/sforce_api_objects_customfield.htm

Jay

Jay
I am working on a Visual Studio add in for Salesforce and would like to connect with some one who is leading the  .NET SDK efforts at Salesforce. 

Thanks

Jay
jay@jayonsoftware.com 
Can this be done ?

Every time I erase a field name by taking out the whole XML that defins the field like

<fields> <fullName>Comments__c</fullName> <description>add your comments about this object here</description> <inlineHelpText>This field contains comments made about this object</inlineHelpText> <label>Comments</label> <length>32000</length> <type>LongTextArea</type> <visibleLines>30</visibleLines> </fields>

and save to the server , nothing happens and my local copy get refreshed with the orignial schema. 

I thought about developing my own code using the MetaDataAPI but looks like del function is not supported ?

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_tooling.meta/api_tooling/sforce_api_objects_customfield.htm

Jay

Jay
Hello All
I am new to Salesforce and Restful services.
But I currently have a c# rest service running and I am able to call it from SF, but currently I am just passing in a hard coded string value.
Here is my code that I can run from the Development Console

String url = 'http://server/ErpApiService/api/PriceForCustomerA/10/15';

Http h = new Http();
HttpRequest req = new HttpRequest();
system.debug('got request');
req.setEndpoint(url);
system.debug('setendpoint');
req.setMethod('GET');
HttpResponse res = h.send(req);
 system.debug('res' + res);
system.debug('Price: ' + res.getBody());

And this works and calls my rest service passing in a string value, but now I want to pass back some actual data from salesforce example
'SELECT LastModifiedDate,Plaintiff_Full_Name__c,Plaintiff_Last_Name__c FROM Case limit 3';
I know I will have to change my parameter in my rest service to accept whatever SF will be passing to me.

But here I am not sure what or how to do this? Do I need to create a dictionary object, and pass that?
What do I need to do in SF to pass query results and then read them in my rest service.
Thanks for any help or advice,
Keith.

Both approaches have its pros and cons. What do you prefer and why ?

@RestResource(urlMapping='/api/restqa')
global with sharing class Jay_RestTest {

global virtual class BaseDemo {
        public String className { set; get; }
    }

global class Demo extends BaseDemo {
        public String Name { set; get; }
    }

@HttpGet
    global static BaseDemo doGet() {
        Demo d = new Demo();
        d.className = 'Demo';
        d.Name = 'Jay';
        return d;
    }
}

In the above code if the Accept type is application/json I will get

{
  "className": "Demo",
  "Name": "Jay"
}

But if its application/xml then I get 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<response xmlns:Demo="http://soap.sforce.com/schemas/class/Jay_RestTest">
    <Demo:Name>Jay</Demo:Name>
</response>

As you can see the value of the base class is missing 

Jay

How to make a simple SELECT from accounts module of an salesforce app module in asp.net C#.
How could be possible to make queries in asp.net MVC C# application and show them in a window of the app. 

Thanks! 
Trying ot help a friend of mine, Here is the job description, may be he should edit it to make it more generic as it looks like he is looking for a unicorn  ?

Jay

Lead Force.Com Developer

About the Role

You will be the primary technology person in charge of leading a team of on site and off shore salesforce developers in developing a high transaction REST based APEX application. (This is not a Salesforce CRM project or a project management role, rather hands on APEX work utilizing Force.com platform)

Job Tasks

Tech lead for about 40 APEX developers based at various cities around the globe.
Teach APEX Programing to non SF developers and be a mentor to Jr developers
Develop coding standards and conduct code reviews
Select and manage software development tools for source code control, deployment, testing, bug tracking and change management.

Minimum Qualifications

Experience as a technical lead to a globally distributed development team
10+ years of Software engineering experience in Java or C#.
Excellent knowledge of APEX and APEX class libraries.
Ability to create APEX training material and train non SF developers.
Ability to conduct technical interviews of potential salesforce developer hires.
Experience with developing highly scalable REST API’s solutions in APEX
Good understanding of Salesforce Metadata and Tooling API.
Experience with SF security,  governor limits etc.

Preferred Qualification

Hands on experience with API Testing (Compliance, Performance, Load and Security)
Experience with large (25M+ records) datasets in salesforce.
Experience with tools to make SF development more productive (IDE’s, code generators, deployment)
Experience with parsing APEX and XML using Java or C#.
DEV401 or DEV501 certification is a plus   
Good relationship with the local salesforce developers and an ability to recruit 

Hi,
I want to integrate Force.com with a website.I have my custom object Lead__c and I want to make my custom Web-to-Lead.
Ca anyone explain me step by step what I have to do?
Thank you!