• 10 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have users that are in communities and are assigned Partner Community licenses. In their profiles, in the General User Permissions, Send EMails is checked (along with Edit Tasks, Edit Events). THese users access tabs that are Visualforce and Apex controllers. WHen the user performs certain actions (clicks a button), an email is sent out to another user in the community. 

I cannot get this to work. When the users are setup as normal internal users with Salesforce Platform licenses, the emails are sent. 

So can a community user send out email via apex code? If so what have i missed? 

Thanks. 
My company has several developers, and we use the Force.com Migration Tool to deploy and retrieve code into development orgs for work (apex classes and pages, custom objects, etc.) We need to push all these changes into our packaging org, which has had a managed package created from it. If this was just a development org, i would undeploy the org (i.e. remove everything from it) and push in the updates. But with this being the org the managed package was created in, if i do this, will it corrupt the package? I'm thinking how the package tracks deleted components. 

If it does corrupt the package, what is the recommended way of updating the components in a packaged app from a development org? 
I have users that are in communities and are assigned Partner Community licenses. In their profiles, in the General User Permissions, Send EMails is checked (along with Edit Tasks, Edit Events). THese users access tabs that are Visualforce and Apex controllers. WHen the user performs certain actions (clicks a button), an email is sent out to another user in the community. 

I cannot get this to work. When the users are setup as normal internal users with Salesforce Platform licenses, the emails are sent. 

So can a community user send out email via apex code? If so what have i missed? 

Thanks. 
I need to open quote standard page with some fields pre-populated. For that I have used URL Hacking (passing parameters in url). This technique works perfectly in browsers but does not work in Salesforce1 app.

Below is the relevant JS code :

window.top.location='/0Q0/e?retURL=%2F{!Opportunity.Id}&oppid={!Opportunity.Id}&Name={!Opportunity.Contact_First_Name__c}+{!Opportunity.Contact_Last_Name__c}';

Anyone has a workaround for that?