• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
 Hi there

I am experimenting with outbound messaging and so far it works fine. What i noticed is that the IDs (AccountID, OpportunityID...) that i receive with the outbound message do not match the IDs defined in Salesforce frontend. For example:

Opportunity

In SalesForce: 0062000000YwVSD
ID passed by Message: 0062000000YwVSDAA3

Account

In SalesForce: 0012000001BWnkc
ID passed by Message: 0012000001BWnkcAAD

It seems the last 3 characters get added with the message and i don' t know why...
Is there a system behind this or can someone explain me how this works?
With this i have difficulties matching the 2 IDs, which is essential for my problem. I have a static list of Account IDs defined in SharePoint  (the ones i find in the frontend of SalesForce) and i need to seach that list with the ID passed by the message.

I hope someone can help me there or give me a hint.

Thanks,

~ Fabian
 Hi there

I am experimenting with outbound messaging and so far it works fine. What i noticed is that the IDs (AccountID, OpportunityID...) that i receive with the outbound message do not match the IDs defined in Salesforce frontend. For example:

Opportunity

In SalesForce: 0062000000YwVSD
ID passed by Message: 0062000000YwVSDAA3

Account

In SalesForce: 0012000001BWnkc
ID passed by Message: 0012000001BWnkcAAD

It seems the last 3 characters get added with the message and i don' t know why...
Is there a system behind this or can someone explain me how this works?
With this i have difficulties matching the 2 IDs, which is essential for my problem. I have a static list of Account IDs defined in SharePoint  (the ones i find in the frontend of SalesForce) and i need to seach that list with the ID passed by the message.

I hope someone can help me there or give me a hint.

Thanks,

~ Fabian