• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I want to create one custom button that creates an opportunity from a contact record, but I want the value of the close date field to pre-fill based on the record type chosen by the user. Despite the fact that the edit page clearly shows which record type I have chosen, the URL doesn't seem to be able to pick this up. Any ideas for a workaround that doesn't involve creating separate buttons for each record type?

Here is my URL:
/setup/ui/recordtypeselect.jsp?ent=Opportunity
&opp9={!IF( CONTAINS(Opportunity.RecordType,"012U0000000QBTe"),TODAY()+90,TODAY()+60)}
  • July 02, 2014

Hi all,

I have 3 users, one user create records, after created press done button, this record sent to 2 user. If 1st user click done button, the 1st need not edit this record and 2nd and 3rd user modify this records.

I am create purchaseorder object and in that puchase order have related list is purchase order line items.

when 1st user click done button, 1st user need not modify and create new line items and 2nd 3rd user modify . if 2nd user click reject button 1st user need modify permission.

i am crating 2 check boxes for done button and reject button.

my validation  

And( IF( $Profile.Name =="Office User", True,False), (AND( IF( officeuserdone__c ==True ,True,False), (OR ( ISCHANGED( Orderd_Date__c), 
ISCHANGED( Order_Type__c ), 
ISCHANGED( No_of_line_items_No_of_products_order__c ) , ISCHANGED( Accept_Price__c ) , ISCHANGED( select_order__c ), ISCHANGED( Sales_Order__c ) , ISCHANGED( Status__c ),ISCHANGED( totalprice_c) )))))

this validation rule work fine only purchase order but when edit purchase order line item not working.

Thanks 

Gopi

Hi Geeks,
I need your help for following issues.

1. We have a custom object “Pre-trip report” where it is added as a related list to Account, After saving a new Pre-trip report record we have a button called “Send Email” where it will triggers to send email.

Formula for this button is
_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?rtype=003&p3_lkid={!Post_trip_report__c.Id}&retURL=%2F{!Post_trip_report__c.Id}&p5={!$User.Email}&p24=karthikrdy@outlook.com&template_id=00X90000000j8o4
After click on send can we close the pop up window and refresh parent window. For reference please refer scereenshot1.

2.After saving custom object record can we remove “Back to List: Custom Object Definitions”. Please refer screenshot2.

Please help me on this.

Thanks,
Karthik

There are times that Salesforce.com really frustrates me!!  You would think that it would be easy to just add a text formula custom field that would allow you to populate it with the Full Name of an Opportunity Team Member.  What kind of gyrations to I have to get to a field that should otherwise be available for me to access through a standard database relationship.  This is where having the ability to do a SOQL select query in a formula field would really come in handy.  Come on Salesforce developers.  What happened to common sense?!?