• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

This thread started here: http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/73096/how-to-make-an-in-line-visualforce-page-to-be-displayed-in-the-new-lead-standard/

I created a Visualforce Page to search for Addresses based on the CEP (Zip Code in Brazil). Then I created a new section on the Lead template and added the new Visualforce page. Everything is working just fine. However, the in-line Visulforce Page is not being displayed at the NEW LEAD page.

I'm using Lead as the searchCEP page standardController:

<apex:page standardController="Lead" extensions="myCustomVFLeadController">

Here's the Lead Layout:  

User-added image

Here, the Edit Lead Layout:

User-added image
Awesome, right? It''s working like a charm. 

But then, @ the new Lead Layout:  

User-added image

I wanted the Visualforce page to be displayed also in the NEW LEAD standard page. But I learned that this is not possible. 

Here is my question:

I don't want to override the current Lead Page.
So, what's the best solution here? I need to use the field CEP (see image above) as a filter to query information consuming data from a Webservice. With the page I created everything is working just fine. I don't want to recreate the New Lead Page and override it. Also, I have at least 5 more templates for the lead page.

How to use a field to perform this operation and return data from the Webservice into the Lead fields, in both view and edit mode?

Thanks! 

Hello there. First off, thanks for taking some time to give me a help. 

My question is: I have to create a panel to show messages to the users in an Apex Page. Creating the panel itself is quite easy. I know I need a Custom Field to store the messages (and the respective tranlations). However I wonder what's the best object to use in order to store this kind of information?

Or maybe the best thing to do is to create a new Custom Object instead. 

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Matt. 

Hi Everyone,

when I try to install Eclipse Juno 4.2 with the force.com IDE I get the following error message:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
  Software being installed: Force.com IDE 25.0.0.201206181021 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 25.0.0.201206181021)
  Missing requirement: Force.com IDE 25.0.0.201206181021 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 25.0.0.201206181021) requires 'org.eclipse.update.ui 0.0.0' but it could not be found

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Kind regards,

Otto

• July 02, 2012