• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi Developers Community,

several common tasks must be performed by any new application. For example: read webpage, scan html string and check conditions, send result by email. In the tutorial there already an example for sending an email was introduced, but I do not feel competent to find any other solution when the need comes up.

Please, may I asks for recommendations, how to search for those methods or functions to make use of? 

In my first trial, I am going to rebuild a very small application in SF. This application actually consists of an AutoIt-Skript running on Windows 10: this skript first opens and reads a special webpage (for this, AutoIt makes use of application modules from Internet Explorer) and stores the html code (with all links to embedded Java scripts resolved) as plain text file.

In SF, neither Windows nor Internet Explorer are available to me, so I am looking for a convinient replacement in the new cloud environment.

Kind regards,
Heiner
Hi Dev Community,

I am running crazy: since yesterday I have tried for hours and hours to pass the check, read plenty of threads in this forum, but have not yet passed the check.

This is my actual status:
public class StringArrayTest 
{
    // public static method generateStringArray
    public static List<String> generateStringArray( Integer n ) 
    {
        // Make i known
        Integer i;
        // Initialize table of strings
        List<String> table = new List<String>();
        // Add elements to the list
        for (i=0; i<n; i++);
        {
            table.add('Test ' + i);
        }
        return table;
    }
}
What the hell is wrong? There must be something I do not see, but what is it?
May I ask for your help, please?

BTW: where may I find instructions on how to add apex code into posts?

Hello Dev Community,

within "Developer Trail - Beginner" Module "Apex Basics & Database" I have started step "Getting Started with Apex".
From topic "Apex Collections: List" I try to execute some commands of that example as static method. This is the coding of my very first apex program:

User-added image

Now I am stuck with this: only the last System.debug statement for color "blue" is executed:
User-added image

May I ask for some help, please:
How (if ever) can I get all 3 colors shown in debug log?
How should I code this program more professionally?
I wanted to change the password of my developer account and found this documentation:

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=user_password.htm:
After you log in, you can change your current password.
1. From your personal settings, enter Password in the Quick Find box, then select Change My Password.

2 days ago that worked, but today I am lost when repeating this procedure: there seems no way to reach any page with the Quick Find box at the left margin again. To which page please should I log in? Or is there another way to change my password?
Hi, I am new to Force.com, and try the tutorials and I have created a custom object "Merchandise".

My actual question relates to https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.workbook.meta/workbook/sf1_2.htm:

When tryind to Access the App from a Mobile Device in step 2 action 7 I read:
"7. You can easily create a new piece of merchandise from the mobile device. Tap New."

Unfortunately I can not found the "New" button.

I use Galaxy S with Android 2.3.6 and Opera Mobile 12.1.4.

Any help, please.
Hello Dev Community,

within "Developer Trail - Beginner" Module "Apex Basics & Database" I have started step "Getting Started with Apex".
From topic "Apex Collections: List" I try to execute some commands of that example as static method. This is the coding of my very first apex program:

User-added image

Now I am stuck with this: only the last System.debug statement for color "blue" is executed:
User-added image

Hi Developers Community,

several common tasks must be performed by any new application. For example: read webpage, scan html string and check conditions, send result by email. In the tutorial there already an example for sending an email was introduced, but I do not feel competent to find any other solution when the need comes up.

Please, may I asks for recommendations, how to search for those methods or functions to make use of? 

In my first trial, I am going to rebuild a very small application in SF. This application actually consists of an AutoIt-Skript running on Windows 10: this skript first opens and reads a special webpage (for this, AutoIt makes use of application modules from Internet Explorer) and stores the html code (with all links to embedded Java scripts resolved) as plain text file.

In SF, neither Windows nor Internet Explorer are available to me, so I am looking for a convinient replacement in the new cloud environment.

Kind regards,
Heiner
Hi Dev Community,

I am running crazy: since yesterday I have tried for hours and hours to pass the check, read plenty of threads in this forum, but have not yet passed the check.

This is my actual status:
public class StringArrayTest 
{
    // public static method generateStringArray
    public static List<String> generateStringArray( Integer n ) 
    {
        // Make i known
        Integer i;
        // Initialize table of strings
        List<String> table = new List<String>();
        // Add elements to the list
        for (i=0; i<n; i++);
        {
            table.add('Test ' + i);
        }
        return table;
    }
}
What the hell is wrong? There must be something I do not see, but what is it?
May I ask for your help, please?

BTW: where may I find instructions on how to add apex code into posts?

Hello Dev Community,

User-added image

User-added image

I wanted to change the password of my developer account and found this documentation:

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=user_password.htm:
After you log in, you can change your current password.
1. From your personal settings, enter Password in the Quick Find box, then select Change My Password.

2 days ago that worked, but today I am lost when repeating this procedure: there seems no way to reach any page with the Quick Find box at the left margin again. To which page please should I log in? Or is there another way to change my password?
Hi, I am new to Force.com, and try the tutorials and I have created a custom object "Merchandise".

My actual question relates to https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.workbook.meta/workbook/sf1_2.htm:

When tryind to Access the App from a Mobile Device in step 2 action 7 I read:
"7. You can easily create a new piece of merchandise from the mobile device. Tap New."

Unfortunately I can not found the "New" button.

I use Galaxy S with Android 2.3.6 and Opera Mobile 12.1.4.

Any help, please.