• 5 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have implemented some logic to reconnect sandboxes through s2s connection after sandbox refresh and use self callouts for that, but apparently something has been changed in Salesforce recently which breaks my functionality.

Looks like now each time when I do callout from Salesforce, it changes IP address each time when callout is made. I believe before it was working fine.
I mean there was one IP address for several transaction and several callouts which made me possible to write some "Browser" class. I was able to identify salesforce IP Address in the list of Login History of my user and it was exposed, and I was able to add it to the Network Access whitelist.
Now it just says "Salesforce.com IP" but doesn't expose that IP.
When I try external tools to detect Salesforce IP it appears to be different at each HTTPCallout (not only each transaction) and these IP addresses

238.169.209.111 etc

are out of range of Salesforce IP Addresses documented  here:
https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?id=000003652

> IPv4 Networks IPv4 IP Address Ranges Date Added       ARIN
>  
> 96.43.144.0/20
> 96.43.144.0 - 96.43.159.254
>  
> 136.146.0.0/15
> 136.146.0.0 - 136.147.255.254
>  
> 204.14.232.0/21
> 204.14.232.0 - 204.14.239.254
>         RIPE
>  
> 85.222.128.0/19
> 85.222.128.0 - 85.222.159.254 April 14, 2015
> 185.79.140.0/22
> 185.79.140.0 - 185.79.143.254
>         APNIC
>  
> 182.50.76.0/22
> 182.50.76.0 - 182.50.79.254
>  
> 202.129.242.0/23
> 202.129.242.0 - 202.129.243.254

Does anyone knows what kind of new feature this is and if is it possible to turn this off or to get the complete list of Salesforce IP addresses to make it able to add to Network Access range?

I tried to add 0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255 but it says IP range too large

=====================================

Update: let me explain what is the problem.
So, when I try to make HTTPCallout from Salesforce to itself to login, it says:

1/4/2016 12:51:05 PM EET    Salesforce.com IP    Application    Failed: Computer activation required    Browser    test.salesforce.com     

and sends me activation code to the email, but even if I use that code and sends another HTTPCallout it would be invalid, since another callout will be made from another IP Address and previous code would be invalid.
How to retrieve or deploy Custom Metadata Records by ANT Migration Tool?

Is this possible?

I guess it should be possible if this is available for packages and changesets but can't find a way out to do this.

How to do this?

Found some article about this here:

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_meta.meta/api_meta/meta_custommetadata.htm#meta_custommetadata<types> <members>*</​members> <name>Custom​Metadata</name> </types>I see errorpackage.xml - Entity type: 'Custom​Metadata' is unknownDoes anyone knows how to overcome this error?

This should be working since version 31 but it is not working even in version 35.0

I have just passed  Salesforce Certified Force.com Advanced Developer - Multiple Choice (SU15) exam.
I would like to obtain Salesforce Certified Force.com Advanced Developer credential.

However, I cannot find any informations about the programming assignment schedule.

This link http://certification.salesforce.com/developers says that

Programming Assignment Schedule

Update: We are improving the Advanced Developer program. Stay tuned for details coming this summer!

The programming assignment is available on a quarterly basis according to the schedule listed below. Eligible candidates can register for the programming assignment and essay exam in Webassessor according to the schedule below. Registration priority is given to candidates who have not yet had an opportunity to register for the programming assignment and essay exam and registration eligibility is based on the completion date of the multiple choice exam or the last attempt of the programming assignment and essay exam. Please see the registration policy  for additional information. 

We recommend that candidates allocate a minimum of 20 hours to complete the programming assignment within the window outlined. Exam results will be distributed 6-8 weeks following the assignment due date.

NOTE: Exam dates are subject to change at the discretion of salesforce.com.

I can find programming assignment schedule in webaccessor, but actually there is no such information there.

If I open the link http://certification.force.com/pkb/articles/Public_KB/Registration-Policy-for-the-Certified-Force-com-Advanced-Developer-Programming-Assignment-and-Essay-Exam/

it says that

The programming assignment schedule will be communicated and published in April 2015 on the certification website at:http://certification.salesforce.com/schedules#completing-programming-assignment. 

However, when I open that link http://certification.salesforce.com/schedules#completing-programming-assignment it says again that

Update: We are improving the Advanced Developer program. Stay tuned for details coming this summer!

What does it mean?
Does it mean that I will have no chance to obtain Salesforce Certified Force.com Advanced Developer credential since they are closing this credential and provide only Platform Developer II credential?

Or does it mean that I just have to wait some time and they will give opportunity to still obtain Salesforce Certified Force.com Advanced Developer credential even though they say

Please note: Effective September 14, 2015, we will no longer be offering this credential to new applicants. We recommend for individuals interested in this credential to consider pursuing the Salesforce Certified App Builder and/or Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I and II credentials.

If I have passed Salesforce Certified Force.com Advanced Developer - Multiple Choice (SU15) before Sep 14th does that mean that I am a new applicant and I will have no change to obtain Salesforce Certified Force.com Advanced Developer credentail or it means that I am an old applicant and I could receive that credential?

Please explain who understands these policies. 

How to retrieve or deploy Custom Metadata Records by ANT Migration Tool?

Is this possible?

I guess it should be possible if this is available for packages and changesets but can't find a way out to do this.

How to do this?

Found some article about this here:

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_meta.meta/api_meta/meta_custommetadata.htm#meta_custommetadata<types> <members>*</​members> <name>Custom​Metadata</name> </types>I see errorpackage.xml - Entity type: 'Custom​Metadata' is unknownDoes anyone knows how to overcome this error?

This should be working since version 31 but it is not working even in version 35.0
I have an in-house application that support agents interact with to work on cases, modify accounts, contracts, etc.  This application uses the SOAP API and an integration user to push updates to Salesforce.  The problem I'm having is that the updates are made by the integration user instead of the support agent users (who have accounts in Salesforce) because the calls are all made through the API.  It would help with reporting and other business logic calculations if the create or update was done by the originating user, not the integration user.

Is there a way to create and update SFDC objects as another user via API?
  • September 09, 2015
I am not getting the IDs of the dynamic choice options when I set it as the Choice Stored Value.

Here is what I have:

First screen, Dynamic Choice for the Contact record - Choice Label: Name Choice Stored Value: Id
Last screen, Outputs the field

Behavior:
1. Run the flow, select the contacts (I see their names)
2. Click Next
3. Last screen shows their names.  I expect and want to see their Ids.  

Screenshots:
User-added image

User-added image

User-added image

User-added image
Hi all,

Has anyone run into a similar situation to this? -
We ran into an issue with installing new custom Apex Classes saying the code coverage was < 75%.
After further review, I noticed that quite a few of our test classes for older classes are missing.
I know for a fact (because I built and installed most of them) that I would not have been able to install these classes without a test class.  Any ideas as to where to look?  I would open a ticket with Salesforce, but they changed the Developer support for Standard users to be this forum.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Darlene Blaney
St Norbert College

I have just passed  Salesforce Certified Force.com Advanced Developer - Multiple Choice (SU15) exam.
I would like to obtain Salesforce Certified Force.com Advanced Developer credential.

However, I cannot find any informations about the programming assignment schedule.

This link http://certification.salesforce.com/developers says that

The programming assignment is available on a quarterly basis according to the schedule listed below. Eligible candidates can register for the programming assignment and essay exam in Webassessor according to the schedule below. Registration priority is given to candidates who have not yet had an opportunity to register for the programming assignment and essay exam and registration eligibility is based on the completion date of the multiple choice exam or the last attempt of the programming assignment and essay exam. Please see the registration policy  for additional information. 

We recommend that candidates allocate a minimum of 20 hours to complete the programming assignment within the window outlined. Exam results will be distributed 6-8 weeks following the assignment due date.

NOTE: Exam dates are subject to change at the discretion of salesforce.com.

I can find programming assignment schedule in webaccessor, but actually there is no such information there.

If I open the link http://certification.force.com/pkb/articles/Public_KB/Registration-Policy-for-the-Certified-Force-com-Advanced-Developer-Programming-Assignment-and-Essay-Exam/

it says that

The programming assignment schedule will be communicated and published in April 2015 on the certification website at:http://certification.salesforce.com/schedules#completing-programming-assignment. 

However, when I open that link http://certification.salesforce.com/schedules#completing-programming-assignment it says again that

What does it mean?
Does it mean that I will have no chance to obtain Salesforce Certified Force.com Advanced Developer credential since they are closing this credential and provide only Platform Developer II credential?

Or does it mean that I just have to wait some time and they will give opportunity to still obtain Salesforce Certified Force.com Advanced Developer credential even though they say

Please note: Effective September 14, 2015, we will no longer be offering this credential to new applicants. We recommend for individuals interested in this credential to consider pursuing the Salesforce Certified App Builder and/or Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I and II credentials.

If I have passed Salesforce Certified Force.com Advanced Developer - Multiple Choice (SU15) before Sep 14th does that mean that I am a new applicant and I will have no change to obtain Salesforce Certified Force.com Advanced Developer credentail or it means that I am an old applicant and I could receive that credential?

Please explain who understands these policies. 

Code:
Sharing Rule Limit Exceeded 
Your organization has exceeded the maximum number of sharing rules allowed of this type. Please contact your administrator for more information. 

Can someone please point me to the Help Section where this limit is mentioned? Why can't I create more than 100 sharing rules on an object??? There's nothing in the app Setup limits page...nothing. It's obstructing the current project I am doing, so hope somebody of SF can help me work around this 1!