• Lake Ontario Waterkeeper

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

Looking for some opinions of the community here.

At DF14 there was a pretty common statement  being made on the developer floor: Force.com for employee apps, Heroku for consumer facing apps. I'm pretty comfortable with VisualForce, Apex, and Force.com sites on top of Salesforce and I can basically build whatever I want using these technologies and HTML5. This includes "consumer facing" style sites that are completely unique in skinning and function, as well as login, etc.

While I'm a long time Java and PHP developer and more than comfortable with Git and the command line (and thus deploying to Heroku is pretty great), I'm wondering how the "Consumer facing on Heroku" mantra squares with the absurd cost of Heroku Connect? I can build fairly large scale Force.com sites that are consumer facing and access my Org data directly without incurrening any extra costs above and beyond our Enterprise subscription.

Thoughts?

-d
Hi All,

Looking for some opinions of the community here.

At DF14 there was a pretty common statement  being made on the developer floor: Force.com for employee apps, Heroku for consumer facing apps. I'm pretty comfortable with VisualForce, Apex, and Force.com sites on top of Salesforce and I can basically build whatever I want using these technologies and HTML5. This includes "consumer facing" style sites that are completely unique in skinning and function, as well as login, etc.

While I'm a long time Java and PHP developer and more than comfortable with Git and the command line (and thus deploying to Heroku is pretty great), I'm wondering how the "Consumer facing on Heroku" mantra squares with the absurd cost of Heroku Connect? I can build fairly large scale Force.com sites that are consumer facing and access my Org data directly without incurrening any extra costs above and beyond our Enterprise subscription.

Thoughts?

-d

Can anyone suggest, how ca we delete apex class from production.

please provide step-step process to delete it from prod. through Force.com Eclipse.

• October 29, 2010