• 10 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Is it possible to trigger a mass email to multiple contacts (per account)  when a file is dropped (via external API) into the Account's related list File object.
Example: (lightning or classic) The account has File object as a related list.
                 API drops a file into the File related list (accountID).
                 The new file trigger a mass email to all Contacts associated to that Account. Or filtered by contacts that have boolean = True. 
Objective: provide an automated native "file sharing" function that will distrube content to multiple contacts per Account. ........make sense?  
I'm building a "New Release" process in salesforce. This process will provide all applicable steps per release.  From the "XXX 18" record page ;  I'd like to trigger a sandbox refresh via PB , Flow , or Apex if possible. Idealy ; I'd like to check a box that will trigger a specified sandbox refresh. Is this possible? 
Very new to developing. I need to add an action to our existing docusign custom button. I want to add the function of  two custom checkboxes must be true for the button the launch/send contract. 

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/apex/dsfs__DocuSign_JavaScript")}
//* iframe check *//
function inIframe() {
try {
return window.self !== window.top;
}
catch(e) {
return true;
}
}
//* iframe check *//
//********* Option Declarations (Do not modify )*********//
var RC = '';var RSL='';var RSRO='';var RROS='';var CCRM='';var CCTM='';var CCNM='';var CRCL='';var CRL='';var OCO='';var DST='';var LA='';var CEM='';var CES='';var STB='';var SSB='';var SES='';var SEM='';var SRS='';var SCS ='';var RES='';
//*************************************************//
DST='{!Order.DocuSign_DST__c}';
CRL='{!Order.DocuSign_CRL__c}';
CCRM='Customer~Signer 1';
//********* Page Callout (Do not modify) *********//
if(inIframe()) {
window.open("{!$Site.BaseUrl}/apex/dsfs__DocuSign_CreateEnvelope?nw=1&DSEID=0&SourceID={!Order.Id}&RC="+RC+"&RSL="+RSL+"&RSRO="+RSRO+"&RROS="+RROS+"&CCRM="+CCRM+"&CCTM="+CCTM+"&CRCL="+CRCL+"&CRL="+CRL+"&OCO="+OCO+"&DST="+DST+"&CCNM="+CCNM+"&LA="+LA+"&CEM="+CEM+"&CES="+CES+"&SRS="+SRS+"&STB="+STB+"&SSB="+SSB+"&SES="+SES+"&SEM="+SEM+"&SRS="+SRS+"&SCS="+SCS+"&RES="+RES,"Popup","location=1,status=1,scrollbars=1,resizable=1,directories=1,toolbar=1,titlebar=1,width=1200");
} else {
window.location.href ="/apex/dsfs__DocuSign_CreateEnvelope?DSEID=0&SourceID={!Order.Id}&RC="+RC+"&RSL="+RSL+"&RSRO="+RSRO+"&RROS="+RROS+"&CCRM="+CCRM+"&CCTM="+CCTM+"&CRCL="+CRCL+"&CRL="+CRL+"&OCO="+OCO+"&DST="+DST+"&CCNM="+CCNM+"&LA="+LA+"&CEM="+CEM+"&CES="+CES+"&SRS="+SRS+"&STB="+STB+"&SSB="+SSB+"&SES="+SES+"&SEM="+SEM+"&SRS="+SRS+"&SCS="+SCS+"&RES="+RES;
}
//*******************************************//

I need to modify our Docusign button , but I'm not sure if it's attainable. Basically , I need the button to be inactive ( annot click) unless 2 checkbox fields on the record are True. Is it possible to add the fields above the Page Call Out?  Thanks ,I'm new to Apex.

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/apex/dsfs__DocuSign_JavaScript")}
//* iframe check *//
function inIframe() {
try {
return window.self !== window.top;
}
catch(e) {
return true;
}
}
//* iframe check *//
//********* Option Declarations (Do not modify )*********//
var RC = '';var RSL='';var RSRO='';var RROS='';var CCRM='';var CCTM='';var CCNM='';var CRCL='';var CRL='';var OCO='';var DST='';var LA='';var CEM='';var CES='';var STB='';var SSB='';var SES='';var SEM='';var SRS='';var SCS ='';var RES='';
//*************************************************//
DST='{!Order.DocuSign_DST__c}';
CRL='{!Order.DocuSign_CRL__c}';
CCRM='Customer~Signer 1';
//********* Page Callout (Do not modify) *********//
if(inIframe()) {
window.open("{!$Site.BaseUrl}/apex/dsfs__DocuSign_CreateEnvelope?nw=1&DSEID=0&SourceID={!Order.Id}&RC="+RC+"&RSL="+RSL+"&RSRO="+RSRO+"&RROS="+RROS+"&CCRM="+CCRM+"&CCTM="+CCTM+"&CRCL="+CRCL+"&CRL="+CRL+"&OCO="+OCO+"&DST="+DST+"&CCNM="+CCNM+"&LA="+LA+"&CEM="+CEM+"&CES="+CES+"&SRS="+SRS+"&STB="+STB+"&SSB="+SSB+"&SES="+SES+"&SEM="+SEM+"&SRS="+SRS+"&SCS="+SCS+"&RES="+RES,"Popup","location=1,status=1,scrollbars=1,resizable=1,directories=1,toolbar=1,titlebar=1,width=1200");
} else {
window.location.href ="/apex/dsfs__DocuSign_CreateEnvelope?DSEID=0&SourceID={!Order.Id}&RC="+RC+"&RSL="+RSL+"&RSRO="+RSRO+"&RROS="+RROS+"&CCRM="+CCRM+"&CCTM="+CCTM+"&CRCL="+CRCL+"&CRL="+CRL+"&OCO="+OCO+"&DST="+DST+"&CCNM="+CCNM+"&LA="+LA+"&CEM="+CEM+"&CES="+CES+"&SRS="+SRS+"&STB="+STB+"&SSB="+SSB+"&SES="+SES+"&SEM="+SEM+"&SRS="+SRS+"&SCS="+SCS+"&RES="+RES;
}
//*******************************************//
After copying from Trailhead ; I'm recieving an error for line 9. expecting right curly bracket , found "insert". Please advise.

// Create a list of contacts
02List<Contact> conList = new List<Contact> {
03    new Contact(FirstName='Joe',LastName='Smith',Department='Finance'),
04        new Contact(FirstName='Kathy',LastName='Smith',Department='Technology'),
05        new Contact(FirstName='Caroline',LastName='Roth',Department='Finance'),
06        new Contact(FirstName='Kim',LastName='Shain',Department='Education')};
08// Bulk insert all contacts with one DML call
09insert conList;
11// List to hold the new contacts to update
12List<Contact> listToUpdate = new List<Contact>();
14// Iterate through the list and add a title only
15//   if the department is Finance
16for(Contact con : conList) {
17    if (con.Department == 'Finance') {
18        con.Title = 'Financial analyst';
19        // Add updated contact sObject to the list.
20        listToUpdate.add(con);
21    }
22}
24// Bulk update all contacts with one DML call
25update listToUpdate;
User-added image
What am I doing wrong? The approval process works as directed , but I keep recieving this message. All Account validation rules are deactivated.

I'm receiving an formula  error >Error: Formula result is data type (Date), incompatible with expected data type (Number).
Shouldn't it be a Date formula field?  Thanks 
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
From Setup, enter Accounts in the quick find box and select Accounts | Fields.
Scroll to the Account Custom Fields & Relationships section and click New.
Select Formula and click Next.
In Field Label, enter Future Date. Field Name populates automatically.
Select Number and click Next.
Enter the following formula:
 TODAY() + 3
I'm getting an error when I create the formula below > Error: Formula result is data type (Date), incompatible with expected data type (Number).
Shouldn't it be a Date formula field? 
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
From Setup, enter Accounts in the quick find box and select Accounts | Fields.
Scroll to the Account Custom Fields & Relationships section and click New.
Select Formula and click Next.
In Field Label, enter Future Date. Field Name populates automatically.
Select Number and click Next.
Enter the following formula:
 TODAY() + 3
I feel the directions aren't clear. Is the entire formula below belong in the interest rate field? or should there be two formula fields. Thanks 
IF(Principal__c < 10000, 0.02,

IF(Principal__c >= 10000 &&

Principal__c < 100000, 0.03, 0.04))

Principal__c  *  EXP( Interest_Rate__c  * (YEAR(TODAY()) - VALUE(YearStarted)))
)
Is this  Principal__c  *  EXP( Interest_Rate__c  * (YEAR(TODAY()) - VALUE(YearStarted))) formula supposed to be in a separate field , or appended to the IF(Principal__c < 10000, 0.02, IF(Principal__c >= 10000 &&
 Principal__c < 100000, 0.03, 0.04)) formula. I feel that the directions aren't clear.  Is all of this in one formula field or two. Thanks
User-added image
What am I doing wrong? The approval process works as directed , but I keep recieving this message. All Account validation rules are deactivated.

The validation rule should be on the Case object.
The validation rule should be named 'Mark_as_Escalated'.
The validation rule should fire if someone tries to set a case as escalated and it is closed, closed when created, or does not have a priority of High.
The validation rule should display the error message 'You can only set a case as escalated if it is high priority and not closed' under the Escalated field when triggered.
Add the 'Escalated' field to the Case page layout.
The validation rule should be on the Case object.
The validation rule should be named 'Mark_as_Escalated'.
The validation rule should fire if someone tries to set a case as escalated and it is closed, closed when created, or does not have a priority of High.
The validation rule should display the error message 'You can only set a case as escalated if it is high priority and not closed' under the Escalated field when triggered.
Add the 'Escalated' field to the Case page layout.