• Program Architect
  • Salesforce

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
If I define a SAML provider for federated authentication in a community - can this provider be different from the SAML provider for the Salesform platform?
I.e. Salesforce platform users would be authenticated by SAML IDP provider A, community users would be authenticated through SAML provider B?
For some reason when verifying this step I keep getting the following error:

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Number of Days Open' formula field did not return the correct number of days. Please recheck the formula.

Using the following formula to calculate the number of days the suggestion record is open:
IF(ISBLANK(Implemented_Date__c), TODAY() - DATEVALUE(CreatedDate), Implemented_Date__c - DATEVALUE(CreatedDate))

Any ideas
Hello,

I'm trying to build a flow on Salesforce flow that would create a series of 11 opportunity records based off of a parent record. The only difference between the parent and duplicate records would be the close dates, i.e., if the parent record had a close date of 6/30/20, then the flow would create a series of 11 duplicates with close dates starting from 7/31/20 and ending at 5/31/21.

I have very limited experience with flows, and was hoping someone could advise on how to achieve the goal above. Any help would be greatly appreciated, so thanks in advance!

Best,
Tai
For some reason when verifying this step I keep getting the following error:

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Number of Days Open' formula field did not return the correct number of days. Please recheck the formula.

Using the following formula to calculate the number of days the suggestion record is open:
IF(ISBLANK(Implemented_Date__c), TODAY() - DATEVALUE(CreatedDate), Implemented_Date__c - DATEVALUE(CreatedDate))

Any ideas

Hi all, I am so close to finishing this process automation badge but am stuck in one area in Step 7.

I've built out my process builder as follows

User-added image
User-added image
User-added image

And my date formula as follows

Case(MOD(Date__c-DATE(1900,1,7),7),0,"Sunday",1,"Monday",2,"Tuesday",3,"Wednesday",4,"Thursday",5, "Friday",6,"Saturday", "")

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:  The Robot Setup Day of the Week formula does not seem to be working properly. The Day of the Week should not fall on Saturday or Sunday. 

It works nicely but doesn't seem to pass, what could be up.

I have created a workflow in process builder that creates a task based off certain fields being updated from the account page layout. Is there a way I can restrict this being triggered to certain Profiles? 
Hey all!

Looking for some assistance with a trigger that would be used to count the total number of cases that are listed on a custom object we've built.  Trucks_Under_Warranty__c is the custom object we have built. 

Under Cases we have the field "Truck Under Warranty__c" which is a lookup(Trucks Under Warranty) Indexed and its controlling field is Account Name.  Gets a little confusing for the "Truck/Trucks" in the field names.  
Case field TUW

The field used to hold the count is named Case Count (Case_Count__c).  I could use some direction on the trigger due to it being on this custom object.  We're wanting a way to designate if a truck is problematic or not based upon how many cases are generated under it.

I had been trying to look at a snippit of code someone posted for counting cases on an contact to understand it and translate it to our ORG
trigger tskUpdatetrigger on Case (after insert, after update,after delete) {
    List<Case> lstCase = [select id, ContactId from Case where id in: trigger.newmap.keyset()];
    set<Id> sAccId = new set<Id>();

for(Case cs: lstCase){
        if(cs.ContactId != null){
            sAccId.add(cs.ContactId);
        }
    }
    if(sAccId != null && sAccId.size() > 0){
        List<Contact> lstContact = [select id, Cases__c, (select id from Cases) from Contact where id in: sAccId];
        if(lstContact.size() > 0){
            for(Contact acc: lstContact){
                acc.Cases__c = acc.Cases.size();
            }
                      update lstContact;
            }
    }
}

But i'm not sure what to change "ContactId" to and it work with our custom object.  I've also tried to read through sfdcfox's example ( https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F00000008zIxIAI ) but it is still a little out of my apex knowledge base.  

TLDR: Would love some help with writing a trigger to count the number of cases on a custom object
HI 
can anyone help me out in writing me a bacth apex to count the LeadHistory data on yearly basis,i have a requirment to count the total number of (Createddate Column )LeadHistory data yearly wise, through developer console i can able to count the total number of LeadHistory,but when am trying to count it on yearly basis,the server is timing out,so i hope for the yearly count we have to write a batch apex ..suppose i want last 5 years data so here we have to create a table with 5 coloumns and we can update that count in that particular table,please advise me wheather am on right track?? thanks in advances..really apprecaite quick responses.
Hello,

I am trying to access API through .NET by following the steps mentioned in following link https://github.com/developerforce/Force.com-Toolkit-for-NET/blob/master/samples/SimpleConsole/Program.cs . For some reason i get error stating "One or more errors occurred,authentication failure"
I have double checked my credentials to ensure they are proper.
Can anyone tell me what can be possible reson for this error or if there's any other way to access API using .NET
I have 2 objects A and B each having a phone number  field. the Mobile number field of Object A automatically gets updated in the phone number field in Object B.Now I want that all the records in B should be deleted if its matching record(phone Number) isnt found in Object A.

Object A ---> mobile number
Object B --> phone number
please note : I want the deletion of the orphan records of B working in a trigger
A Query to deal with this conundrum would be helpful and much appreciated
Thanks

Hi All,

We are sending record attachments via apex sendEmail email to salesforce users.
But one of our user is getting email attachment file in unreadable format.
I tried to open the same file by going to Salesforce record and can see the file is good and readable. Also tried to send these record attachments via developer console to myself and all the files are coming good.

Please advise

Thanks
Krishna

Can any one please suggest me how to achieve the Salesforce CI to retrieve the metadata from one org and deploy into another org.
i have 3 objects named Book my show,rate detail ,and Rate master where Rate master is parent of Rate detail and book my show with the look up relationship in rate master there is no fields all the feilds are in rate details i need to fetch all the records of rate detail in book my show through rate master ...PLZ help

Hi,
Currently I am working on some Automation testing on Salesforce using Selenium webdriver.Salesforce system asks for a two step verification code(mobile/email OTP) apart from the usual credentials.Now, once you verify the user with the OTP, the application supposedly saves it in the cookies. So, from next instances only user id-pwd combination is sufficient to logon.

So, for that I have created a custom profile in firefox and tried to launch it through my code.But each time I am running it, a new temp profile is getting created where the cookie details are not saved already.

This is the snippet of the code:
            ProfilesIni allProfiles = new ProfilesIni();
            FirefoxProfile profile = allProfiles.getProfile("SFDC");
            WebDriver driver = new FirefoxDriver(profile);
When I am trying to log in manually this(2 step verification) is not happening.The automated execution was working properly before 27th Jan.
Can you please help?
After I make a call through my Salesforce1 app on my phone, a "Log a Call" screen appears (see attached photo). I want to add the Create a Follow-up task option to this screen. I saw online where Visualforce pages could be created to customize the mobile app, but I am having trouble creating a VF page. Any help?
User-added image