• 40 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm trying to run an UPDATE statement in SOQL to set a DateTime field back to NULL (or whatever the default value is in Salesforce for DateTime fields) and running into issues with this.  Here are some of the statements I've tried to run with no success:

UPDATE CustomObject__c SET DateTimeField__c = NULL WHERE OtherField__c = 'value'
UPDATE CustomObject__c SET DateTimeField__c = null WHERE OtherField__c = 'value'
UPDATE CustomObject__c SET DateTimeField__c = '' WHERE OtherField__c = 'value'
UPDATE CustomObject__c SET DateTimeField__c = ' ' NULL WHERE OtherField__c = 'value'

Does anyone have any thoughts as to how this should work?
This is to solve one of the trailhead challenge. 

How do we assign multiple values to an attribute by not using default paramenter instead value parameter. For example.

I have a component as below.

<aura:component name="DayOfTheWeek" type="string" value="Monday" : "Tuesday" : "Wednesday">

and I would like to read these values and find the week of the day dynamically, as we have $Browser and $Locale, do we have another binding variable to check on day, date and time values.

Thanks.
I'm trying to run an UPDATE statement in SOQL to set a DateTime field back to NULL (or whatever the default value is in Salesforce for DateTime fields) and running into issues with this.  Here are some of the statements I've tried to run with no success:

UPDATE CustomObject__c SET DateTimeField__c = NULL WHERE OtherField__c = 'value'
UPDATE CustomObject__c SET DateTimeField__c = null WHERE OtherField__c = 'value'
UPDATE CustomObject__c SET DateTimeField__c = '' WHERE OtherField__c = 'value'
UPDATE CustomObject__c SET DateTimeField__c = ' ' NULL WHERE OtherField__c = 'value'

Does anyone have any thoughts as to how this should work?
I'm seeing an issue with getting custom actions to show consistently in the list of Chatter actions when using Salesforce Communities.  Here's what I've done:
  • Create a very simple "Hello World" Visualforce Page.
  • Created a new custom action that uses the previously mentioned Visualforce Page.
  • Add the previously mentioned custom action to the global layout so that it will appear in the list of actions within Chatter.
At this point if I go to the Salesforce home page within the internal Salesforce org (i.e. NOT the community) I am able to see the new, custom action I just added.

Also, when I first switch over to my community I still see the custom action that I just added to Chatter.  However, in the left-hand nav, if I click on the link for "People" and then click on the link to back to "Feed" I see Chatter load up, but my custom action is not present.  If I refresh that page I see my custom action again.

This feels like it may be a bug somewhere in the Salesforce platform but I wanted to reach out to my peers for confirmation of that or helpful solutions to work around this issue.