• PRO
  • 4471 Points
  • Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Formula field in the roll up summary filter. I am trying to rollup the current quarter opportunity amount rollup at account level and created formula to check if the opportunity is falling in current quarter. Now I am not able to see the field in the filter criteria on the roll up summary. Interestingly there is one more field formula (number) which is appearing on filter, seeing that I created a number filter with 1 or 0 value to identify the current auarter opportunity filter, but my new field is also not appearing in the filter. 

Roll up summary problem

Thanks,
Yogesh
Hello,
We are trying to deploy a change set for our client, but the validation keeps returning a Code Coverage Error with the following error message:
Details: Average test coverage across all Apex Classes and Triggers is 73%, at least 75% test coverage is required.
According to our developer the code coverage is 82% in the Developer Console.
Can anyone help me to fire a trigger after 5 minutes from the record created date. I cannot acheive my requirement via workflow because my trigger is to submit for approval.

Hello!  I cracked this last week and wanted to share my working code with everyone.  This is for a scenario when you have multiple "contacts" or contact data on the lead object that will need to become multiple contacts.  For this one, we had 3 sections on the page where we were capturing data for brokers, Owners, ect.  This code takes each of those sections and creates a new contact for each section.  feel free to comment with any suggestions to enhance or if you have any addition questions about how it is setup.  Thanks!

Trigger
trigger UpdateContactObject_Trigger on Lead (before update) 
{/*
     * Create variables to store the lead values,
     * new and old.  This will be used below to
     * determine if the leads are being converted,
     * not converted yet, or has already been
     * converted.
     */
    List<Lead> newLeads = trigger.new;
    Map<Id, Lead> mOldLeads = trigger.oldMap;
    Lead oldLead;

/*
     * Create sets of Ids to store the records
     * associated with the converted leads
     */
    Set<Id> convertedAccountIds = new Set<Id>();
    Set<Id> convertedContactIds = new Set<Id>();
    Set<Id> convertedOpportunityIds = new Set<Id>();

/*
     * Loop through the leads submitted through this
     * trigger.  Populate the appropriate sets of Ids
     * for each lead with populated values.
     */
    for (Lead l : newLeads) {

if (l.convertedAccountId != null) {
            convertedAccountIds.add(l.convertedAccountId);
        }

if (l.convertedContactId != null) {
            convertedContactIds.add(l.convertedContactId);
        }
        }

Account accounts =
        [SELECT Id, Name
         FROM Account
         WHERE Id IN : convertedAccountIds];

for(Lead l : Trigger.New){
    If(l.IsConverted){

Contact c1=New Contact(LastName=l.True_Owner_Last_Name__c,FirstName=l.True_Owner_First_Name__c,
    Phone=l.True_Owner_Phone__c,MailingStreet=l.True_Owner_Address__c,MailingState=l.True_Owner_State__c,MailingCity=l.True_Owner_City__c,
    MailingPostalCode=l.True_Owner_Zip__c,Email=l.True_Owner_Email__c, AccountId=accounts.id);
    insert c1;

Contact c2=New Contact(LastName=l.Broker_Last_Name__c,FirstName=l.Owner_First_Name__c,
    Phone=l.Owner_Phone__c,MailingStreet=l.Owner_Address__c,MailingState=l.Owner_State__c,MailingCity=l.Owner_City__c,
    MailingPostalCode=l.Owner_Zip_Code__c,Email=l.Owner_Email__c,AccountId=accounts.id);
    insert c2;

Contact c3=New Contact(LastName=l.Owner_Last_Name__c,FirstName=l.Broker_First_Name__c,
    Phone=l.Broker_Phone__c,MailingStreet=l.Broker_Address__c,MailingState=l.Broker_State__c,MailingCity=l.Broker_City__c,
    MailingPostalCode=l.Broker_Zip_Code__c,Email=l.Broker_Email__c,AccountId=accounts.id);
    insert c3;

}}}

Coverage:
@isTest

public class UpdateContactObject_TriggerTestClass{
Static testmethod void UpdateContactObject_TriggerTestClass(){
//insert Lead
        Lead Lead = new Lead(
        FirstName='test ',
        LastName='Test2',
        Company='test',
        Owner__c='test',
        True_Owner__c='test3',
        Broker__c='test4'
        );

insert Lead;

Database.LeadConvert lc = new database.LeadConvert();
lc.setLeadId(lead.id);
lc.setDoNotCreateOpportunity(false);
lc.setConvertedStatus('Qualified');

Database.LeadConvertResult lcr = Database.convertLead(lc);
System.assert(lcr.isSuccess());
}}

I want to restrict an email to be sent when case is still in queue. I have a trigger on email message object. Is there any way to restrict a user. 
Also i have to disable the send Email button on the service console.
Hi Everyone,

I have posted an Idea regarding a bug. Please vote for it.

https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000DnW0AAK

Regards
Akram
Hello all,
I have developed an app and drop all its content in managed package.Now i uploaded it  and with the help of url,i install it in another account.But problem is that my app name is not showing in both account's  app list(which is near setup  icon).Thanks in advance  :)
This is the task from Trailhead,

You've been given a requirement to keep Contact addresses in sync with the Account they belong to. Use Process Builder to create a new process that updates all child Contact addresses when the address of the Account record is updated. This process:Can have any name.
Must be activated.
Must update Contact mailing address fields (Street, City, State, Post Code, Country) when the parent Account shipping address field values are updated.

Created Criteria i took

User-added image

This is action i took 

User-added image

Where i done wrong?
Greetings, I am wondering if there are any apps to scan barcodes of records already in Salesforce, which then enable me to review the record.
Hello, can anyone help me pls.
I created a workflow with the next criteria: send_email__c equals true
and
the action: I used the Email Alert and the template that send the email, but my sandbox doesn't send the email when the field send_email__c is true. Does anyone know why?
btw: in my production I created the same workflow with the same criteria, email alert and template and it works.
Hi Guys,

Please Help me Where we can create Web-to-Lead in Sandbox or Production?

Regards,
Manu
Hello,

When i run test cases in Sandbox, code coverage is 94 % but when i try to run in production the same code fails.

I am not posting code for the moment.  What can be general errors or should i post my code to better understand
  • April 13, 2015
Hi Devs,

I make a component of lighting and add also in mobile navigation, but still its not showing in salesforce1.
my component here :
<aura:component controller="VKSoft_Light.ContactController" implements="force:appHostable">
  <div>Hello</div>
</aura:component>

I research lots of about it , and i got a link  :
http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/53796/lightning-component-not-displaying-on-salesforce1-menu
Is it true on this link ?

I am wondering what is the best way to report a bug.
We are having an issue and I submitted a case and Salesforce keep closing it, with their generic close response,
"Please be informed that Developer support is currently available only to our premier customers and Premier partners ...."

I have posted this question on StackExchange regarding the bug
http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/70187/low-code-coverage-when-production-and-new-test-class-to-deploy-are-over-80?noredirect=1#comment91714_70187

but to summarize it seems that the code coverage in our production org is displaying the wrong numbers, as all of them past and the overall is above 80%, when validation 1 test class that will increase a class coverage from 0% to 100% it fails saying that code coverga is only 73%
how can this be possible if the new test class will improve the coverage. The only thing that I can think is that the initial overal coverage is wrong and it is not 82%
  • March 26, 2015
I want to Call an Apex Class from the Process Builder when the value of a field changes to a specific value.

How do I get the ID of the Current Record in the Apex Class? 
I have created a custom external Id field [Unique Case Sensitive] in a custom object. I have inserted two records having External Id data as 'abc123' and 'ABC123' .  while querying for 'abc123' I am getting both the records. But I want only 1 record whose external Id is 'abc123' How to over come from this Issue.  

My Query : SELECT * from customObject__c where externalSystemId__c = 'abc123' ;  

note: If I do the same in standard object only 1 record comes. 
  • March 16, 2015
I have few queries regarding lightning connect.please guide me...
1: Now External object have read only mode. In this logic whether data store in salesforce or not.
2.Now Is it possible to create activities for external object .
3.Will this possible without store the external system (.NET)data in sfdc to create/update/delete feature and ,Report feature &create activities for external object ?
4.If i will go for lightning connect process  - how much price for license..
How to move forward?
Thanks,
Dineshkannan
Hi all, I'd like to have a formula field that populates with a name based off of the zip code on a Contact record.  The idea is that a Senator or Legislator name would be populated based off of a zip code.  I'm imagining something like a VLookup in Excel, but in Salesforce.  It's out of the question to write a huge nested conditional formula to pull the info.  Is there any way to store something in Salesforce that can be updated, that a formula field can reference to pull information from, similiar to an excel VLookup?

Thanks!

Hello,
We have created site.com Community Site but now we would like deployed it in a new environment.
Is it possible to do it ?

I exported the site.com community site but I have had a file with .site extension. When I imported it in my new environment, the file went in Assets/documents... and I don't have the site...
Someone could help me please ?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Have a nice day,
Marion

Thanks to all developers for all your support and contribution.

User-added image
  • November 27, 2014
Formula field in the roll up summary filter. I am trying to rollup the current quarter opportunity amount rollup at account level and created formula to check if the opportunity is falling in current quarter. Now I am not able to see the field in the filter criteria on the roll up summary. Interestingly there is one more field formula (number) which is appearing on filter, seeing that I created a number filter with 1 or 0 value to identify the current auarter opportunity filter, but my new field is also not appearing in the filter. 

Roll up summary problem

Thanks,
Yogesh
Hello Folks,

As am doing an integration with SAP, Netowrk team asking me about IP's and Port's.
Already provided IP Addresses but not able to provide Port numbers. So how can i know the port number for my instance( https://ap1.salesforce.com )

Your help is higly appreciated, Thanks in advance.
Hello,
We are trying to deploy a change set for our client, but the validation keeps returning a Code Coverage Error with the following error message:
Details: Average test coverage across all Apex Classes and Triggers is 73%, at least 75% test coverage is required.
According to our developer the code coverage is 82% in the Developer Console.
How does one set case sla or milestones for different accounts where each account has different entitllement and slas?
Do we need to create multiple entitlment processes and case milestones for each entitlment and associate them to accounts?
That would be lot of work.

Please suggest.
Scenario: I hav 1 obj on that i am having all read,write,edit,delete permissions when am trying to delete that raises an error.Why?
While creating chatter unfollow rule using already installed “Chatter Unfollow Rule” app, whenever I click on “New Chatter Unfollow Rule” button on the “Chatter Unfollow Rule” tab,
I am getting “Collection size 1,088 exceeds maximum size of 1,000” error.
Please suggest a remedy for this in case this is some package configuration 
Can anyone help me to fire a trigger after 5 minutes from the record created date. I cannot acheive my requirement via workflow because my trigger is to submit for approval.
Hi,
when the user enters a url in a textbox,that url i want to pass as a iframe src.i m not able to pass that url as the iframe src. 
I have few queries regarding lightning connect.please guide me...
1: Now External object have read only mode. In this logic whether data store in salesforce or not.
2.Now Is it possible to create activities for external object .
3.Will this possible without store the external system (.NET)data in sfdc to create/update/delete feature and ,Report feature &create activities for external object ?
4.If i will go for lightning connect process  - how much price for license..
How to move forward?
Thanks,
Dineshkannan
Hi all, I'd like to have a formula field that populates with a name based off of the zip code on a Contact record.  The idea is that a Senator or Legislator name would be populated based off of a zip code.  I'm imagining something like a VLookup in Excel, but in Salesforce.  It's out of the question to write a huge nested conditional formula to pull the info.  Is there any way to store something in Salesforce that can be updated, that a formula field can reference to pull information from, similiar to an excel VLookup?

Thanks!
When someone ask you to do an org review, what all you consider in that? I have been considered below points yet:
  1. Storage Usage
  2. Data Quality
  3. Profiles
  4. Chatter
  5. Salesforce1
  6. Field Trip
  7. Customization
  8. Notification Banner
  9. Home Page Links
  10. Full Sandbox
  11. Version Repository
Is there anything else that I should include in my assessment report?

Regards,
Bhawani
I'm trying to find a plain english example of when to use double vs decimal as a data type. I understand that by default all currencies are decimal and I've looked at a bunch of the online documentation (and the apex workbook which has pretty good definitions), but it's still not clear to me. 

Can anyone give me some examples?  Thanks! Kieren
Is there a native salesforce survey capability which can be used rather than using app exchange products like Timba Surveys?
Just like we have developer forum in SalesForce, i want to implement one in SalesForce, Have anyone implemented it ? If not, how to achieve it in SalesForce ? 
I want to add a field to a Campaign which calculates number of CampaignMembers meeting some criteria. In my case, every CampaignMemeber has a checkbox field which shows whether CampaignMember is an existing customer or not. I want to calculate number of customers and display number in Campaign.

How I can do it without writting apex code?

I started creating a field:
1. Chose formula type - I couldn't find CampaignMember object and, as the result, any custom fields, it just doesn't exist. I don't know why? Logically it should be.
2. Chose Roll-up field - I can count number of CampaignMembers but in criteria who'd be included I didn't find any custom CampaignMember fields.

As far as I see now, Campaigns are imature and it differs from other standard objects (e.g. Contacts and Accounts has same relationship). Why?! 
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out a way to obtain the instance information from Custom Production / Sandbox URLs.

For example: If a Standard URL is "https://eu3.salesforce.com/" the instance information I'm looking for is "eu3" which can be obtained by calling "System.URL.getSalesforceBaseUrl()" and then parsing out the string.

But, when the URL is something like, "https://abc.my.salesforce.com/", how do I get the instance? Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Shashank
I need to settle below User Case, can help kindly? Thanks!

"Once you are familiar with the basic salesforce.com concepts, please tackle the following project. These are only high level details, so feel free to make assumptions or ask questions. Don’t invest too much time into building it, for example don’t write any code. Utilize the native salesforce.com tools to create custom configurations and reports.

! Restriction !
Do not use the standard salesforce.com Opportunity object.

Business Case
I run an organization that sells 3 products, blue, red, and green gift boxes.  We are targeting stores in shopping malls to use our gift boxes for gift wrapping their merchandise.  Our sales people call and visit stores at the malls talking to store owners about our boxes.  To help the sales efforts, our sales people carry sample boxes that they distribute to store owners that show some interest. 

Problem
I need to be able to track my sales team’s efforts and determine which boxes are selling. In addition, samples are at a cost to my company so I need to track how many samples each sales person is giving out. 

Ultimately, I need to know what my sales folks are doing, which sample boxes they are giving out, and how they are building our customer base.  Can you help?
"
there is two objects A and B.. A contains one field location__c and B contains on field area__c .. how can we acces the two fields in apex and vf pages???
  • December 05, 2014
Can anyone help me out  on this requirement ?how to achieve it?I shall appreciate your help.

I want to create a validation rule at Opportunity product to validate the following.
1)Opp record Type – sample
2)And Stage not equal to ‘Pending Approval’
3)Product or product code(item number) ends with -22 or -23 or -24
Then you it should give the following error message.
When requesting samples for 130 Lumen parts, stage should be pending approval
  • December 02, 2014
Hi,

I need to be able to update several price lists just by changing one price for a list of products. For example, I have a list for payments with credit card and I want to calculate the credit card price by adding a percentage to the standard price. 

I tried creating a formula field in "PriceBookEntry" that would look like this:

Credit_Card _price = (CC_percentage + 1)*StandardPrice

But I could not find the standardprice field available in the edit formula page. 

Is there another way of achieving this?

Thank you,
Carolina
Hi All,

I am trying build a few reports and need to have the following visibility. I would also like to know if this can be achieved without setting up Roles and just user Reports to Field in User record. 
  • If the user is a Team member, he/she has to see only the records owned by him or records that he/she is working. 
  • If Manager views the same report, he/she must see all  records owned by all team memebrs who report to the Manager. 
    • What if the team member is now owner of the record, but actually working on the record. Can the Manager still see the record in his/her report?
  • If CEO see the reports, he/she must see all records across the company they belongs to all teams. 
  • Also, can the dashboard visibility be the same like above?
  • For Another Dashboard:
    • I want to show one report / graph which shows records owned by all users in the team. The logged in user can be either Manager or Team Member. 
    • Few reports can be again based on Managerial level visibility described above. 
  • Do I need to create Teams/Groups to achieve this? 
  • Most of the reports that we will create are on Custom objects.
Any help would be highly appreciated. Happy Thanksgiving to all in advance!

Raghu
We are creating a campaign in hubspot but before we start that we need to create a rule in salesforce that is looking at the "last activity" date and "lead record type." One thing I do know is that hubspot does not sync with any dynamic fields.

In this campaign we want to send an email to any contact who has had no activity in salesforce for 2 weeks.

I was working with Sarah Reyes and she has sent me here. I hope you can help!