• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi there,

First time post here, I am hoping to find a solution to my problem from one of you talented developers! I recently implemented an opportunity validation rule which requires users to update the 'close date' field anytime the opportunity 'stage' is set to either Awarded/WIP/Lost/Cancelled, this is all that I want to happen. However, users are recieving the 'update close date' error message anytime they update any field while the 'stage' is set to Awarded/WIP/Lost/Cancelled (due to the limitations of the validation rule). I have tried to resolve this issue with Premier Success to no avail, they suggested that this issue can only be resolved via code development. Which brings me here.

Has anyone encountered this before, I appreciate any feedback.

Cheers,

Scott 

Hi there,

First time post here, I am hoping to find a solution to my problem from one of you talented developers! I recently implemented an opportunity validation rule which requires users to update the 'close date' field anytime the opportunity 'stage' is set to either Awarded/WIP/Lost/Cancelled, this is all that I want to happen. However, users are recieving the 'update close date' error message anytime they update any field while the 'stage' is set to Awarded/WIP/Lost/Cancelled (due to the limitations of the validation rule). I have tried to resolve this issue with Premier Success to no avail, they suggested that this issue can only be resolved via code development. Which brings me here.

Has anyone encountered this before, I appreciate any feedback.

Cheers,

Scott