• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

I want to integrate a webservice in to Salesforce.
What are basic tutorials i can start with ?

Thanks
  • October 12, 2015
I want to add a custom button tp Event. when the user clicks this button then all th einformation related to the event need to be passed to a VF page using this button. Is this possible? If yes, what is th emost appropriate way of getting this event information?
Hi all,

i have a Event details Screen ,which is overwritten ,the details has an VF page Embed for Events.
and  an Event creator ,creates an event and invites a user for a evet.

where the detais of the Event and Embed screens shows tha data ,properly.
but if invitee views the Event details, the Details Screen was proper.
but the VF page embedded in the Event Details Screen,does not rendering.

Because of record owner ship ??.

ANy ideas to overcome.

Thanks
D Naveen Rahul.

Hello all,

I have 2 sandbox Environments ,i have created events in both environments,when i view the details screen
of the events.in one environment "Add to Outlook" button shown and in other Environment "Add to outlook"
is not shown.

Any idea why this behaviour.

Naveen
Hi all,

what was the maximum Number of Attachments can be uploaded  single record(I think its Unlimited and Based on Storage).i think maximum is unlimited and based on storage size.But limited to 10 MB using Sales force pages and 25 MB using Standard functionality.

Can any one confirm this by giving a link ??.

trying to find this in any sales force or help docs.

Thanks
D Naveen Rahul.
I have a custom Event page, where i have invite section  for an event,when i try to update any comment or custom field,
Im not receiving Email Notfication for existing Invitees.

where i can receive email notification for newly added Invitees.
Here is Below code for for new invitee(WORKING).

Database.DMLOptions dlo = new Database.DMLOptions();
 dlo.EmailHeader.triggerUserEmail  = true;
 dlo.EmailHeader.triggerOtherEmail  = false;
 dlo.EmailHeader.triggerAutoResponseEmail = false ;
 Database.insert(NewRelation,dlo);

Here is Below code for for existing invitee(NOT WORKING).

dlo.EmailHeader.triggerOtherEmail  = false ;
 Database.update(existRelation,dlo);

where existRelation will have only event id and RelationId.

its an Bug or this feature is not available??.

Thanks
D Naveen rahul.

Hi i have to give sharing rules to different users and groups for an object.

I want give them using apex managed sharing rules.

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.apexcode.meta/apexcode/apex_bulk_sharing_creating_with_apex.htm

https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Using_Apex_Managed_Sharing_to_Create_Custom_Record_Sharing_Logic

i have used this links as reference and i have listened that using apex we shouldnt write sharing rules.

is this right way to write criteria based sharing rules using apex, anyone please let me know.

Thanks in Advance,
Vamsi Varma.

I have 2 objects bp_c and mp_c.on mp_c lookup relation to bp_c.
bp_ c have (multiselect picklist) field called grouped field values like Medical,Dental,vision.
mp_c have (picklist) field medical values like eligible,waved,N/A
mp_c have (picklist) field Dental values like eligible,waved,N/A.

when ever i craeted or updated in bp__c  multiselect picklist value medical need to be changed values in mp__c medical defaultly N/A
when ever i craeted or updated in bp__c  multiselect picklist value medical need to be changed values in mp__c Dental  defaultly N/A
Salesforce prof:
Supp. Soap Version in Talend: 34.0

Hello Community 

First of all I'm not really firm in things like development .. so plz.  bear with me a little bit if sth. is wrong or i provide the wrong infos...

We use Talend to intagrate out ERP Data in Salesforce.

But nowadays when i try to connect with Salesforce, it comes the following error:

Exception in component tSalesforceInput_1
java.lang.RuntimeException: [LoginFault [ApiFault  exceptionCode='INVALID_LOGIN'
 exceptionMessage='Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.'

I don't want to recreate the security token cause then i have to rebuild all Jobs and 3 Party Addons 

Any other ideas hoe i can fix this ? 

Or do you need more infos ?

regards john 

• September 26, 2016
I have a data model where I have an Object, Software_License__c, which contains a Lookup to an Account. There are Attachments against the Software License. I can safely assume the Software License has one attachment, but a given Account may have multiple Software Licenses. The Software License contains a DateTime called Date__c.

I need to return the Attachment (with Body) of the most recent Software License given the ID of the Account lookup.

I've tried a few things.

SELECT  Id , Date__c, (SELECT   Id, Body ,Name FROM Attachments LIMIT 1)
FROM    Software_License__c
WHERE   Account__c = :CurrentUser.AccountId
ORDER BY Date__c DESC

This does not work because you can't return binary data (e.g., the attachment body) from a subquery.
Then I tried:
select  Id, Body, Name  from    Attachment
where   ParentId in (select Id   from Software_License__c where Account__c =:CurrentUser.AccountId ORDER BY Date__c DESC LIMIT 1 )

that doesn't work because you need to select Date__c to ORDER BY it.

I can't think of a way to make this work with just one query. Anyone have a thought? TIA.

I have a Vf page which display account object records. In this vf page each and every record have a button called Edit. If we click on Edit button it should be take us to detailed edit page respected record. For more clearance see my pictures which i uploded. 
User-added image
User-added image

To achive this process, I have developed following VF page.

<apex:page Controller="Redirect_Main2" action="{!Redirect_Main}">
    <apex:form >
        <apex:pageBlock >
            <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!accs}" var="a" >
                <apex:column value="{!a.Id}"/>
                <apex:column value="{!a.Name}"/>
                <apex:column value="{!a.Phone}"/>
                <apex:column value="{!a.Industry}"/>
                <apex:column id="two">
                    <apex:commandButton value=" Edit " onclick="window.open('/{!a.id}')" reRender="two"/>
<!--/e?retURL=%2F{!a.id}&_CONFIRMATIONTOKEN=VmpFPSxNakF4Tmkwd055MHlPVlF3T1Rvek5qb3dPQzQ0TnpaYSxvTFl3eklmdmNBcjl6RlVDeDRWUnBtLE9XWTJNbU01&common.udd.actions.ActionsUtilORIG_URI=%2F{!a.id}%2Fe')" reRender="two"/>
   -->             </apex:column>
            </apex:pageBlockTable>
        </apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>
Controller:
public class Redirect_Main2 {

public List<Account> accs { get; set; }
    public PageReference Redirect_Main(){
        accs = [select id,name,phone,Industry from account];       
        return null;
     }
}

But this is taking me to detailed page of the record but not edit page. Please tell me neccessary actions which i need to take.

Thanking you
KS Kumaar

Hi Friends,

I am facing an Issue Regarding production that is

When I refresh the production then the content will be copied in Full copy sandbox right at the same time masking emails are sent to all users
in the invalid format for example: actuval mail id is krishna@hp.com but it will send in the format like kri=shna@example.com like that it will send but my requirement is we want send the valid emails to users when we refresh the production

Please give me the your valubale comments

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I have functionality to work on same as like Send Meeting Request button functionality.
Let me explian you very clearly, Lets Consider lead object and its relatedlist has Open activities.Which has Send Meeting Request button.When i click on that button,popup appears with several details and with a calendar to pick a date,how ever we used to send a mail,as a meeting request.

I need the same functionality for Custom Object.But as per the below link,we cannot achieve.
http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/38667/schedule-meeting-for-a-contact-from-custom-vf-page-similar-to-cloud-scheduler-f

I need a way to achieve the same.Could some one share your Idea's so that i can go ahead and complete the same.

Thanks,
Srinivas Gupta

Is it possible to capture records that were not inserted inside the visualforce page.

If for ex: in Lead object 
User-added image

I have a custom controller that inserts lead record,now sometimes the lead does not get inserted and exception is thrown
now can i fetch the Company name or some field value that i entered into the  vfpage but was not inserted as a record

Thanks
sathish
When a person adds a new note to an opportunity can we have a trigger that comes up once they click save, so they HAVE to create a new task?
Hi, I trying to make a cron job update data from my admin to salesforce using the PHP toolkit.
When I'm running my php from a navigator, everything works fine.
When I'm running my php from the console everything works fine.
But when I add it to a cron it doesn't work.

any idears ?
Hi all,
I need some help in my code. In the code below what I am trying to do is when the user selects GUEST i want the guest section should be shown up and hide when user selects EMPLOYEE. But my rerender attribute will cause the guest section to be shown up even when the user selects EMPLOYEE. In general I can say there are no observable hide/show effects. Please help me solve this issue.

<script>
$(document).ready(function() {
 $('.selectRadioinput').click(function(e) {
            var val = e.target.value;
            if (val == 'employee') {
               $('.guest_section').hide();
            }
            else if (val == 'Guest') {
                $('.guest_section').show();
}
        });
});
</script>
<apex:selectRadio layout="lineDirection" styleClass="selectRadio" id="selectrole" value="{!role}" required="false"  >
          <apex:selectOptions value="{!recordTypeOptions}" />  <!--options are: 1)employee  2)Guest -->
      <apex:actionsupport event="onclick" rerender="out" />
        </apex:selectRadio>
 <apex:outputPanel id="out" >
 <div class="guest_section">  
  <!--some text-->                      
          </div>
</apex:outputPanel>
Hi friends,
      I have one requirement that I need to use standard layout of contact.In that I have a checkbox "same Mailing Address".When ever I check that ,all fields related to mailing address should not appear.
Do salesforce support hide/show of fields based on conditions?

I am trying to link salesforce with a reporting tool called solver BI 360. but I cant find the link to acces the webservice that let me use TSL 1.1 and above.  Where can I find It?. Any help will be appreciatted. 
Hi,
While converting lead to opportunity,i want to attach all the attachments from lead to opportunity.
I have written a trigger for this but its nor firing.Can you please help me on this.

trigger LeadConvert on Lead (after update) {

List<Attachment> lstattach=new List<Attachment>();

if (Trigger.old[0].isConverted == false && Trigger.new[0].isConverted == true) {

System.debug('oppid' + Trigger.new[0].ConvertedOpportunityId);
	Attachment aa=[Select Id,ParentId from Attachment where ParentId=:Trigger.new[0].ConvertedaccountId];
	System.debug('attachment in lead' + aa );

if (Trigger.new[0].ConvertedOpportunityId != null) {

for(Attachment a:[Select Id,ParentId from Attachment where ParentId=:Trigger.new[0].ConvertedaccountId]){

a.ParentId=Trigger.new[0].ConvertedOpportunityId;
  System.debug('parentid' +a.ParentId);

lstattach.add(a);
}

update lstattach;
}

}

}

Hello,

I have a custom object which is private, there are activities on it.
Activities are dependent on parents. 

The user with speccific profile is not able to delete the records not owned by him, how can i give access to him ?
  • July 25, 2016
Hi All,

I have a object Test which has two list views say ListView 1 and ListView2.
In object Test I have a field based on the value (YES or NO) need to display the user either of the list view on tab click.
Currently I am displaying only one listview on tab click using the below :
<apex:page showHeader="true" tabStyle="Test_c" action="/a1t?fcf=00BP0000000WMHv" ></apex:page>
Now need to add condition to it.Please Help...

Thanks in Advance for Any Help...!
I have a custom Event page, where i have invite section  for an event,when i try to update any comment or custom field,
Im not receiving Email Notfication for existing Invitees.

where i can receive email notification for newly added Invitees.
Here is Below code for for new invitee(WORKING).

dlo.EmailHeader.triggerOtherEmail  = false;
 Database.insert(NewRelation,dlo);

Here is Below code for for existing invitee(NOT WORKING).

dlo.EmailHeader.triggerOtherEmail  = false ;
 Database.update(existRelation,dlo);

where existRelation will have only event id and RelationId.

its an Bug or this feature is not available??.

Thanks
D Naveen rahul.
Please code it asap. I need it urgent.

Create a object Note with Following fields
-Name (auto Number)
-Opportunity (Lookup to Opportunity)
-Account (Lookup to Account)
-Case (Lookup to Case)
-Description - Text Area
-Date - Date Field
-Record Owner -Lookup(User)

Now, you need to develop following functionalities.
1. Create a VF page MyRelatedNotes which takes userid as parameter.if no userid parameter is passed then it should take current logged in user id. Another Parameter "type" which will have value as Opportunity/Accounts/Cases .

2. Create picklist Type with 3 Values : Opportunity ,Accounts , Cases .By Default selected value should be type value passed in parameter and user can change this value.

3. If Opportunity is Selected from Drop down display all the Opportunity ,If Accounts are selected display accounts and same for cases  where Owner Id is Id passed from the parameter.

4. Create a section in visual force which is displayed when Opportunity/Case/Account is Selected and you will get a blank form to add notes records in which Owner will be populated by default and will be non editable.

5. Add save,reset button to section created above and write their functionality to save(insert the record with Selected Opportunity/Case/Account Populated),Reset(Clears out Description,Date and Owner field and change owner to editable field)

6.Description and Date should be made required and should show error if this is not filled (Do not use Required=True).