• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
How do i retrieve Country picklist integration value using metadata API. could anyone help with the package xml needed to retrieve that?
Unable to use the Country field on any sobject. Not sure what name and member should i use - AddressSettings or CountryAndState or Countries/Country?
Hi,

I have created a visualforce email template that contains a .ics calendar invite attachment. The attachment works fine for desktop/phone apps. But Gmail (using the web interface) will not recognise the .ics file and give the "Add to Calendar" option in the message. 

What I want is for the attached invite to appear in the email as so:
User-added image
Instead, it just appears as a regular attachment, with the only option being to download it.

I have created a calendar event in google calendar, downloaded it and emailed it to myself, and it works as per the image above. However, I put the exact same code in my VF template and send a test, and the invite doesn't work as above.

Here is my vf code (note that there are no merge fields in the invite code because I'm simply trying to get a basic invite to work). Can anyone see where I am going wrong? Thanks

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Leave Request Approved" recipientType="User" relatedToType="Leave_Request__c">
<messaging:htmlEmailBody >
<html>

<style type="text/css">
...my styling...
</style>

<body>

...my body content...

</body>
</html>
</messaging:htmlEmailBody>

<messaging:attachment filename="reminder.ics">
BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:2.0
CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
BEGIN:VEVENT
CREATED:20150507T054355Z
UID:qjvkvr7gsf10erbp9vc2fk05ec@google.com
DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20150510
TRANSP:TRANSPARENT
SUMMARY:Test Summary
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20150508
DTSTAMP:20150507T054355Z
LAST-MODIFIED:20150507T054355Z
SEQUENCE:0
DESCRIPTION:Test Description
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR
</messaging:attachment>

</messaging:emailTemplate>

• May 07, 2015
Hi,

I have created a visualforce email template that contains a .ics calendar invite attachment. The attachment works fine for desktop/phone apps. But Gmail (using the web interface) will not recognise the .ics file and give the "Add to Calendar" option in the message. 

What I want is for the attached invite to appear in the email as so:
User-added image
Instead, it just appears as a regular attachment, with the only option being to download it.

I have created a calendar event in google calendar, downloaded it and emailed it to myself, and it works as per the image above. However, I put the exact same code in my VF template and send a test, and the invite doesn't work as above.

Here is my vf code (note that there are no merge fields in the invite code because I'm simply trying to get a basic invite to work). Can anyone see where I am going wrong? Thanks

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Leave Request Approved" recipientType="User" relatedToType="Leave_Request__c">
<messaging:htmlEmailBody >
<html>

<style type="text/css">
...my styling...
</style>

<body>

...my body content...

</body>
</html>
</messaging:htmlEmailBody>

<messaging:attachment filename="reminder.ics">
BEGIN:VCALENDAR