• 35 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
As a System Admin I can run this query on our production org in the developer console Query tab..

Select Id,     
    opportunityId,
    contact.account.Name,
    contact.Id,
    contact.Name, 
    contact.FirstName,
    contact.LastName,
    contact.Phone,
    contact.Email,
    contact.LeadSource
    isPrimary,
    Role
from OpportunityContactRole
where opportunityId = '006xxxxxxxxx'

When I run the same query as System Admin in a sandbox I receive this error 'sObject type 'OpportunityContactRole' is not supported.'

I have compared access and permissions between teh orgs yet I can not figure out why.

I am able to create OpportunityContactRole in Apex code in both orgs yet I can't query from sandbox in apex to read the created object.
I need to get this to work so my unit tests will pass in both orgs.

When viewing debug logs from Setup (setup/ui/listApexTraces.apexp) there is no way to see the most recently created logs.

The last several releases have been making positive changes in debug logs but this basic issue is not resolved.  I was hoping it would work now with Spring 18 version.

There is no good way to view logs here in setup.  The (L)oad New Logs button does not load the newest logs nor does it load the ones preceding (by timestamp) the visible ones when clicked. There is no way to page through them all. The button seems to load the oldest logs which is rarely what I would like to see.

I need to be able to access logs that I have turned on to solve a particular error. The Search feature is nice but it only searches and highlights the visible logs.

There is the alternate of using the developer console but that is very frustrating when you want to see something you know happened at a particular time.

It is very difficult to view logs in the developer console as there seems to be no way to turn off new log generation.  Everytime a new log is entered (for the logged in user) the list scrolls back to the top.  If you right click to download a log and the list moves you may not get the one you wanted to see. There needs to be a way for the list to stay where you are scrolled to.

I am working on custom code to process data in a report. When I have the last modified date field on the account in the report the column data type returned for the field is DATE_DATA and not DATETIME_DATA.

Is there a reason it is not DATETIME_DATA? the time portion is in the value such as 2017-08-15 14:26:08

I realize the time portion does not display when viewing the report through the Salesforce UI.  
In the past 2 months whenever I deploy a changeset from one sandbox to another it seems to stall and takes over 2 hours for the inbound changeset to arrive.  I am used to it taking maybe 5 or 10 minutes, but when it gets over an hour it makes development hard.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Is there anything that could be going on in my org that would cause it to sit and wait before attempting to upload the set?

In the past when I get the email that the change set was successful, then the name of the changeset shows up on the inbound org; it does not have the metadata yet but that usually takes a bit.

Currently the changeset name is not even showing up in the inbound org for hours after I get the email.
I have 
<apex:actionPoller rerender="jobs" interval="30" action="{!updateStatus}"/>
in a component and I noticed while I was trying out lightning with summer 16 that the poller continued even after I navigated away from the page,

I understand why this happens because the component is still active though not visible. I just thought to point this out in case someone is deciding if their code is ready for lightning.

i will need to rewrite these pages/controllers to use more modern methods before we roll out lightning to our users.

I have an existing VF page that has a custom tab and also inline styles that give it style when shown in classic SF.
Green
When this page is launched from the app list in Lightning is is rendered without the custom tab style - the page block headers are shown as black.  As the text is also black it is unusable.
Black

Is there something I can do in my VF page so that is uses the custom defined tab when it displays in lightning?
I wrote a simple test class today in a sandbox.
When I attempt to run it from the developer console by itself using
Test->New Run
it fails and the results look like 
image of test failure from developer console

If I run the same test in a new run with pre-existing tests it runs fine.
The test also runs correctly from the Apex Test Execution Window.  I tried this on 2 sandboxes with same result.

The test only calls a method in 1 class that I wrote today.

is this related to the new release? Could be related to the known issue with opening classes in the dev console https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p30000000T2sSAAS I am unable to open a class from the console - although I do not get the same error as reported in the known issue.
I am trying out the Force.Com Explorer and was trying to look at the data types of custom fields and I see that they are not included.  What is shown is digits=0,bytelength=0 and other database attributes such as sortable, filterable, unique...

Is there a way to look at the data types here?
I have a component that we only show on some layouts for an object.  It has a polling function that monitors changes to the object (an object from a managed package). One function of the polling is to refresh the page when some custom field values change.

I need this refresh functionality now on all layouts for this object, but I do not want to display anything on the actual page in the layouts that do not need it.

What I have tried is to put a public boolean on the controller that says whether or not to render the controls. What this does is hide the controls but leaves a large white space on the page where the controls would be. Of course I do not want this space to show.

Here is a simplified version of my page :

<apex:component controller="CustomQuoteMetrics" allowDML="true" >
    <apex:form id="customQuoteMetrics">
        <apex:actionPoller action="{!queryQuote}"  rerender="metrics"  interval="90" />
        <apex:outputPanel rendered="{!refreshQuoteNow}">
        <script>
              window.top.location='/{!quoteID}';
        </script>
        </apex:outputPanel>
        <apex:pageBlock id="metrics" rendered="{!showCustomComponent}">
        </apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:form>
</apex:component>

Any ideas on what I could do differently?
I am a (c#, c++, JavaScript...) developer, but have only been writing apex code on the salesforce platform for about 8 months, so I realize I may not be headed in the right direction.
Test->New Run

The test also runs correctly from the Apex Test Execution Window.  I tried this on 2 sandboxes with same result.

is this related to the new release? Could be related to the known issue with opening classes in the dev console https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p30000000T2sSAAS I am unable to open a class from the console - although I do not get the same error as reported in the known issue.
As a System Admin I can run this query on our production org in the developer console Query tab..

Select Id,     
    opportunityId,
    contact.account.Name,
    contact.Id,
    contact.Name, 
    contact.FirstName,
    contact.LastName,
    contact.Phone,
    contact.Email,
    contact.LeadSource
    isPrimary,
    Role
from OpportunityContactRole
where opportunityId = '006xxxxxxxxx'

When I run the same query as System Admin in a sandbox I receive this error 'sObject type 'OpportunityContactRole' is not supported.'

I have compared access and permissions between teh orgs yet I can not figure out why.

I am able to create OpportunityContactRole in Apex code in both orgs yet I can't query from sandbox in apex to read the created object.
I need to get this to work so my unit tests will pass in both orgs.

I am working on custom code to process data in a report. When I have the last modified date field on the account in the report the column data type returned for the field is DATE_DATA and not DATETIME_DATA.

Is there a reason it is not DATETIME_DATA? the time portion is in the value such as 2017-08-15 14:26:08

I realize the time portion does not display when viewing the report through the Salesforce UI.  
In the past 2 months whenever I deploy a changeset from one sandbox to another it seems to stall and takes over 2 hours for the inbound changeset to arrive.  I am used to it taking maybe 5 or 10 minutes, but when it gets over an hour it makes development hard.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Is there anything that could be going on in my org that would cause it to sit and wait before attempting to upload the set?

In the past when I get the email that the change set was successful, then the name of the changeset shows up on the inbound org; it does not have the metadata yet but that usually takes a bit.

Currently the changeset name is not even showing up in the inbound org for hours after I get the email.
I've been given a requiremnet to go through an entirely custom built app that I didn't code and comment all the code. This app has 52 apex classes, 6 triggers, and 9 visualforce pages made with JavavScript. I've only been working with VF/Apex for a couple months, so this seems a bit overwhelming. Does anyone have any tips on how to effectively complete this requirement?
I have an existing VF page that has a custom tab and also inline styles that give it style when shown in classic SF.
Green
When this page is launched from the app list in Lightning is is rendered without the custom tab style - the page block headers are shown as black.  As the text is also black it is unusable.
Black

Is there something I can do in my VF page so that is uses the custom defined tab when it displays in lightning?
Test->New Run

Hey all,
Does anyone have any history or knowledge of files with a .tm extention? We receive these files with data from an organization, basically includes an association's account listing that I want to import/upsert into SF. I just can't seem to figure out how to open these files, or import them into excel. 

Any help would be appreciated... I have scoured the internet trying to find infomation on .tm file extentions, but continue to come up empty handed, and it's getting annoying.

Thanks!

Justin
The challenges seem to get far harder and more involved in Process Automation.
Prior to this they are generally straightforward and doable. I am a complete novice but they just seem far harder than the worked examples?

They are fairly lengthy and involved so it can be hard to see where I went wrong.  

Maybe it's just me?
I have a component that we only show on some layouts for an object.  It has a polling function that monitors changes to the object (an object from a managed package). One function of the polling is to refresh the page when some custom field values change.

I need this refresh functionality now on all layouts for this object, but I do not want to display anything on the actual page in the layouts that do not need it.

What I have tried is to put a public boolean on the controller that says whether or not to render the controls. What this does is hide the controls but leaves a large white space on the page where the controls would be. Of course I do not want this space to show.

Here is a simplified version of my page :

<apex:component controller="CustomQuoteMetrics" allowDML="true" >
    <apex:form id="customQuoteMetrics">
        <apex:actionPoller action="{!queryQuote}"  rerender="metrics"  interval="90" />
        <apex:outputPanel rendered="{!refreshQuoteNow}">
        <script>
              window.top.location='/{!quoteID}';
        </script>
        </apex:outputPanel>
        <apex:pageBlock id="metrics" rendered="{!showCustomComponent}">
        </apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:form>
</apex:component>

Any ideas on what I could do differently?
I am a (c#, c++, JavaScript...) developer, but have only been writing apex code on the salesforce platform for about 8 months, so I realize I may not be headed in the right direction.

I currently have a Sandbox and Production org where I am trying to perform an sf:retrieve on all of the metadata components in the org, both unpackaged and packaged components. I have been able to perform the retrieve on the unpackaged components successfully. However, there are two packages in the org from which I need to retrieve components. In the documentation for the Salesforce Migration Tool, it mentions that the "packageNames" attribute can receive a comman-separated list of package names to be retrieved. However when I have attempted to the the following syntax, I receive an API error from Salesforce stating, "Failed to process the request successfully. Cause(INVALID_CROSS_REFERENCE_KEY): INVALID_CROSS_REFERENCE_KEY: More than 1 package retrieved with single package flag."

Syntax:
<sf:retrieve username="${sf.username}" password="${sf.password}" serverurl="${sf.serverurl}" retrieveTarget="targetFolder" packageNames="PackageName1,PackageName2"/>

I have also tried using the same comma-separated list in the build.properties file with the syntax:
sf.pkgName = Package1, Package2
<sf:retrieve username="${sf.username}" password="${sf.password}" serverurl="${sf.serverurl}" retrieveTarget="targetFolder" packageNames="${sf.pkgName}"/>

I received the same error doing it this way as well.

I am not sure how the package names should be separated in order to avoid this API error or if there might be some other cause?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!