• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello all

I'm attempting to create a formula field that will strip out any non-numeric characters as well as the two leading zeros you can often find on an international number.

I.E. 00447989.737.134 needs to be 447989737134

To deal with the leading zeros I have IF(BEGINS(ts2__Mobile_Telephone_Number__c,"00"), RIGHT(ts2__Mobile_Telephone_Number__c,11),ts2__Mobile_Telephone_Number__c)  to deal with the leading zeros

To deal with the non-numeric characters I have (SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(ts2__Mobile_Telephone_Number__c , " ", "") , "-", "") , ")", "") , "(", "") , "+", ""), ".", ""))

What i don't have is a valid way of combining the two, if there is such a way. Any help or advice on this would very much be appreciated, I am still learning!

Thanks
Lorenzo
Hi Guys,

I'm using a formula field to replicate the value of another field, but also to remove the first two characters if they equal "00", I'm having trouble with this, problem being it removes "00" regardless of where it is positioned. Example below;

Original value: 007985887100
What i currently get back: 79858871
What i would like to get back: 7985887100

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Lorenzo

Hi Guys,

Forgive me if I'm missing the blatantly obvious here, I'm still relatively new. I would like to have the validation rule below apply only when the field is not blank, I've been having trouble constructing the right syntax to achieve this.

NOT(BEGINS(Phone,"00")) || NOT(ISNUMBER(Phone)) || CONTAINS(Phone,".")

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks

Hello all

I'm attempting to create a formula field that will strip out any non-numeric characters as well as the two leading zeros you can often find on an international number.

I.E. 00447989.737.134 needs to be 447989737134

To deal with the leading zeros I have IF(BEGINS(ts2__Mobile_Telephone_Number__c,"00"), RIGHT(ts2__Mobile_Telephone_Number__c,11),ts2__Mobile_Telephone_Number__c)  to deal with the leading zeros

To deal with the non-numeric characters I have (SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(ts2__Mobile_Telephone_Number__c , " ", "") , "-", "") , ")", "") , "(", "") , "+", ""), ".", ""))

What i don't have is a valid way of combining the two, if there is such a way. Any help or advice on this would very much be appreciated, I am still learning!

Thanks
Lorenzo
Hi Guys,

I'm using a formula field to replicate the value of another field, but also to remove the first two characters if they equal "00", I'm having trouble with this, problem being it removes "00" regardless of where it is positioned. Example below;

Original value: 007985887100
What i currently get back: 79858871
What i would like to get back: 7985887100

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Lorenzo

Hi Guys,

Forgive me if I'm missing the blatantly obvious here, I'm still relatively new. I would like to have the validation rule below apply only when the field is not blank, I've been having trouble constructing the right syntax to achieve this.

NOT(BEGINS(Phone,"00")) || NOT(ISNUMBER(Phone)) || CONTAINS(Phone,".")

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks