• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all,

I need to report on Approvals in SFDC and need to interface that same information to another system.

What is the best approach?

Setup: 1 Custom Object with standard Approval Processes on it.

Possible solutions:
Do I best duplicate the approval info ('Approved By' and 'Approval Date') on that custom object itself (new fields that I don't show in UI but only use in reports and for interfacing)
OR
can I create SFDC reports on that custom object combined with the approval process info that I need AND do the same with SOQL statements for the interfacing part.

Or is there another option I overlooked?

Any help is welcome.
Hi all,

I need to report on Approvals in SFDC and need to interface that same information to another system.

What is the best approach?

Setup: 1 Custom Object with standard Approval Processes on it.

Possible solutions:
Do I best duplicate the approval info ('Approved By' and 'Approval Date') on that custom object itself (new fields that I don't show in UI but only use in reports and for interfacing)
OR
can I create SFDC reports on that custom object combined with the approval process info that I need AND do the same with SOQL statements for the interfacing part.

Or is there another option I overlooked?

Any help is welcome.
IF(
ISPICKVAL(Status,'Not Started'),
NOW() -CreatedDate,null)
I'm trying to create a formula on the task that will calculate how long a task has been in the status of not started and keep that information when the status changes.  

Currently, my formula populates the field but nulls it out when the status is change to anything else.
When you have a Lookup Relationship with defined Filter Criteria, you cannot provide a Profile or User with the option to override or neglect this Relationship. If you are using active Integration or you want to perform an initial Data Load for which this Filter Criteria needs to be bypassed, your upload will fail for certain cases. Because the active user doesn't fulfill the criteria defined.

For a User record who performs the Data Migration or Integration, this might become a problem.

Could you please help on this matter as atleast system admin should be able to update the data by ignoring the criteria? Also, remember even if the validation rule is another option,the user will again see lots of unwanted data in lookup filter.