• 5 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
The solution all over the web, http://titancronus.com/blog/2014/05/01/salesforce-acquiring-dependent-picklists-in-apex/ does not work in all cases it seems.

Is there an official solution yet, or maybe an alternative? That code above is the only one that seems to be floating around on different sites.

Hi all,

I recently came across a problem where I had a Visualforce page displayed on a page layout and the height of it needed to be defined according to how many records were returned in the list I was displaying. After doing a little poking around, I came up with a cool solution I am happy to share. First step, the div that displays the Visualforce page is actually given the id of the Visualforce page itself - so you need to first find the id of the Visualforce page. Next, create an S-Control to do an onload resizing of this particular div element based on a query defined within the script itself. Below is an example of resizing a Visualforce page displayed on the account that displays a list of active contacts.

<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/functions.js"></script> 
<script src="/soap/ajax/12.0/connection.js"></script> 
<script type="text/javascript">
window.onload = resizeWindow(); 
function resizeWindow(){
	//Ensure a valid Salesforce connection.
	sforce.connection.sessionId = "{!API.Session_ID}"; 
	//Set account id of account used in contact query.
	var accountid = "{!Account.Id}";
	//Retrieve a list of contacts on the account that are not inactive.
	result = sforce.connection.query("Select Id from Contact where AccountId = '"+accountid+"' and Inactive__c != true"); 
	//Create a pixel variable to assign the dynamic height. This example adds an extra 50px to display the top part of the page in 	the case no records are retrieved.
	contactsize = result.getArray("records").length*30+50+'px';
	//Retrieve the height of the div the Visualforce page lies in and set it to the new dynamic size. The id is the actual id of 	the Visualforce page.
	top.document.getElementById("066P00000008bke").height = contactsize;
	}
</script>

Next, add this S-Control to the page layout with a height of 0px and this should resize your page onload. Enjoy!