• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

I need asistance with creation workflow rule formula for the following scenario:

Formula should return TRUE only when Status field (picklist) was changed from value "Placed on Purchase Order" to value "Approved"
My question: Is it possible to create a formula which will work only with these specific status values?

Thank you for any advise.
Regards
Lukasz
I' m banging my head.  I have got a button to allow Leaders to blast a Chatter post when we have updates.  However to make it easier on our users to get it, we are having them follow a User that just blast these update.

The Leaders are admins (as am I) and have it checked to allow "Insert System Field Values for Chatter Feeds" in our profile and in the code I have

FeedItem post = new FeedItem();
        String s = 'THe Message';
        post.ParentId = landingChatterGroup.Id;
        System.debug('Concierge.Id ' + Concierge.Id);
        post.createdById = Concierge.Id;
        post.Body =s;
        post.Type = 'TextPost';

insert post;

I am getting INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY, insufficient access rights on cross-reference id: [

What am I missing?  The user is a Manager in the chatter group I am trying to add the post to.
Hi All,

I have an Object containing multiple RecordTypes, for eg. Type = Two Wheeler, Type = Three Wheeler, Type = Four Wheeler.
There is a requirement to implement Communities. As part of the Community Global Search, if the User searches for a particular term, Im supposed to query on this object and return the results separated by RecordType.i.e. the Search Results should have three tabs to display Results for each Type.

Can the above Requirement be achieved OOTB or would this be a complete custom implementation?

1. Is this possible to do this through OOTB Community Builder? Im not sure if its possible to filter out data from Objects?

2. Is it possible to have the standard 'Global Search for Peer-to-Peer Communities' for Search Box, and a custom Lightning component to display Search Results? How to get the search results to be processed from the Standard Component into the custom Lightning Component?
Hi Salesforc Experts,

I was trying to complete the 'Custom Metadata Types' Module and Im currently stuck on the 'Create and Manage Custom Metadata Types' challenge. I've been struggling with this for sometime now, and have tried the challenge in three different developer orgs but I still get the same error.
The challenge is as follows
Your company sells products all over the world. Some countries charge a value-added tax (VAT) on top of the retail price for particular goods. Create a custom metadata type that stores the VAT rate for the countries you service, namely Japan and Germany.
Call your custom metadata type VAT Data.
VAT Data has a text field called Country Name with length 10.
VAT Data has a percent field called VAT Rate with default values.
For the VAT Data record label, use the country name.
Japan has a 10% VAT.
Germany has a 19% VAT.

Here's what I've done
1. Created a custom Metadata Type 'VAT Data' with two custom fields 'Country Name and 'VAT Rate'
User-added image

2. Created Records for Japan and Germany as below
User-added image
User-added image

When I try to check the challenge, I keep getting the same error
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
Could not find VAT Data records for Germany and Japan with the correct percentages. Please double check the challenge requirements

If anyone could help me out with this, that would be awesome.

Thanks
Nevlyn
Hi Salesforce Experts,

I need some help and suggestions here.
My Requirement is as follows:
I have a custom object 'Custom_Request__c' that has a field that looks up to Contact. When I create a new Custom_Request__c record, an email should go out to the Contact. There is a Field on the Contact 'Language_of_preference__c' which indicates the language that the email should go out in. I have configured a Workflow Rule with the recipient as the relatedField and a visualforce template for the same.

I have a VF Template as follows:
<messaging:emailTemplate subject="{!$Label.Subject}" recipientType="Contact" relatedToType="Custom_Request__c" language="{!CASE(recipient.Language_of_preference__c,'French','fr','EN')}">
<messaging:plainTextEmailBody >

Name: {!recipient.Name}
LanguagePref: {!recipient.Language_of_preference__c}

{!$Label.Body}{!relatedTo.Number__c}

</messaging:plainTextEmailBody>
</messaging:emailTemplate>

The Workflow works correctly and the Recipient receives the email. However the template contents still show up in English. I tried to print some Recipient fields in the email and I've noticed that they come as blank. What could be the reason that they are blank? I've been banging my head on this but have not been able to come up with a solution. :(

Hi Salesforce Experts,

Need help with the following
There 3 RecordTypes in the system for the Account object. I have a requirement to load a new VF page whenever the user selects one particular recordtype, and continue loading the standard create pages for the other two recordtypes.

I have tried to achieve this by overriding the standard Account 'New' button with a visualforce page and have set the 'Skip Record Type Selection Page' to false.

This works a charm in the Desktop version, however when I try the SF1 version, it doesn't work well. I am using the following code snippet

<script>
        if(ForceUI.isSalesforce1()){
            if("{!isGrower}")
                sforce.one.navigateToURL("{!navigationURL}");
            else{
                sforce.one.createRecord('Account',"{!recordTypeId}");    
            }
        }
</script>

Now the 'if condition' works fine and it navigates me to the other visualforce page needed for one particular recordType.

However the else condition is not working properly.
The line: sforce.one.createRecord('Account',"{!recordTypeId}");  navigates successfully to the standard Account Create page, however the RecordType is blank and I get an error 'The RecordType isnt valid for the User'. This is all the more puzzling as the if condition works fine, indicating that there is a value in the {!recordTypeId} variable. I even saw an article online saying that the sforce.one.createRecord works fine if you pass a recordTypeId. I am also trying to print the value of recordtype just before the SF1 call and I can see that the value is being set.

I am trying to test this on my mobile phone. Could you help guide me in debugging this issue?

Thanks in advance
Hi Salesforc Experts,

I was trying to complete the 'Custom Metadata Types' Module and Im currently stuck on the 'Create and Manage Custom Metadata Types' challenge. I've been struggling with this for sometime now, and have tried the challenge in three different developer orgs but I still get the same error.
Your company sells products all over the world. Some countries charge a value-added tax (VAT) on top of the retail price for particular goods. Create a custom metadata type that stores the VAT rate for the countries you service, namely Japan and Germany.
Japan has a 10% VAT.
Germany has a 19% VAT.

Here's what I've done
1. Created a custom Metadata Type 'VAT Data' with two custom fields 'Country Name and 'VAT Rate'
User-added image

User-added image
User-added image

Could not find VAT Data records for Germany and Japan with the correct percentages. Please double check the challenge requirements

Thanks
Nevlyn
Hi Salesforc Experts,

Japan has a 10% VAT.
Germany has a 19% VAT.

Here's what I've done
User-added image

User-added image
User-added image

Thanks
Nevlyn
Hello Salesforce,

I'm working through the Trailhead modules and have encountered a problem with completing the "Introduction to Custom Controllers" module.
My solution:

public class NewCaseListController{

public List<Cases> getCases() {
     List<Cases> results = Database.query(        
    'SELECT Id, CaseNumber FROM Cases WHERE Status=New');
      return results;    
                  }
}
I get the error "Illegal assignment from List<SObject> to List<System.Cases> at line 4 column 18" and can't seem to resolve this issue.

Please assist.

Kevin
Hi Salesforce Experts,

I need some help and suggestions here.
My Requirement is as follows:
I have a custom object 'Custom_Request__c' that has a field that looks up to Contact. When I create a new Custom_Request__c record, an email should go out to the Contact. There is a Field on the Contact 'Language_of_preference__c' which indicates the language that the email should go out in. I have configured a Workflow Rule with the recipient as the relatedField and a visualforce template for the same.

I have a VF Template as follows:
<messaging:emailTemplate subject="{!$Label.Subject}" recipientType="Contact" relatedToType="Custom_Request__c" language="{!CASE(recipient.Language_of_preference__c,'French','fr','EN')}">
<messaging:plainTextEmailBody >

Name: {!recipient.Name}
LanguagePref: {!recipient.Language_of_preference__c}

{!$Label.Body}{!relatedTo.Number__c}

</messaging:plainTextEmailBody>
</messaging:emailTemplate>

The Workflow works correctly and the Recipient receives the email. However the template contents still show up in English. I tried to print some Recipient fields in the email and I've noticed that they come as blank. What could be the reason that they are blank? I've been banging my head on this but have not been able to come up with a solution. :(

Hello,

I need asistance with creation workflow rule formula for the following scenario:

Formula should return TRUE only when Status field (picklist) was changed from value "Placed on Purchase Order" to value "Approved"
My question: Is it possible to create a formula which will work only with these specific status values?

Thank you for any advise.
Regards
Lukasz
All i'm trying to create a detail button that when clicked checks a checkbox.  I found some java script in one of the forums for this purpose, but am having trouble making it work.  I get an error "Cannot set property AECaseMgmt__Program_Case__c.Generate_Closing_Summary__c of undefined."  Any ideas?  Thanks.
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/30.0/connection.js")} 
var newRecords = []; 
var c = new sforce.SObject("AECaseMgmt__Program_Case__c"); 
c.id ="{!AECaseMgmt__Program_Case__c.Name}"; 
c.AECaseMgmt__Program_Case__c.Generate_Closing_Summary__c = true;
newRecords.push(c); 
result = sforce.connection.update(newRecords); 
window.location.reload();

Hello all,

I found some code on how to create an Apex Class that allows users to send an email to salesforce with a specific subject format to create tasks.

The problem is that this code seems to be a little old and I'm having some trouble updating it as I'm not overly familiar with Apex coding. 

global class clsInboundEmailHandler implements Messaging.InboundEmailHandler { 

global Messaging.InboundEmailResult handleInboundEmail(Messaging.inboundEmail email, Messaging.InboundEnvelope env){ 
		Messaging.InboundEmailResult result = new Messaging.InboundEmailResult(); 

string subject = email.Subject; 
			string userID = ''; 
			integer userIDNumber = 0; 
			string restOfSubject = ''; 
			if(subject.contains('-') == false){ 
				result.success = false; 
				return result; 
			} 
			list<String> subjectSplit = new list<String>(); 
			subjectSplit = subject.split('-'); 
			userID = subjectSplit[0]; 
			userID = userID.trim(); 
			if(userID.isNumeric() == false){ 
				result.success = false; 
				return result; 
			}else{ 
				userIDNumber = integer.valueOf(userID); 
			} 
			boolean firstOne = true; 
			for(string s : subjectSplit){ 
				if(firstOne){ 
						firstOne = false; 
					}else{ 
						restOfSubject += s; 
					} 
				} 

//Now find the user 
				string userIDForTask = getUserIDForTask(userIDNumber); 
				if(userIDForTask == ''){ 
					result.success = false; 
					return result; 
				} 

Task t = new Task(); 
				t.Subject = restOfSubject; //This is from the subject line 
				t.ActivityDate = date.today(); 
				t.Description = email.plainTextBody; //or email.htmlbody; 
				t.Priority = 'Normal'; 
				t.OwnerId = userIDForTask; //Set to owner 
				t.Status = 'Not Started'; 
				t.IsReminderSet = true; 
				t.ReminderDateTime = System.now() + 1; 
				insert t; 

result.success = true; 
				return result; 
			} 

private string getUserIDForTask(integer userIDNumber){ 
				list<boolean> userList = new list<boolean>(); 
			string userIDForTask = ''; 
			userList = [Select ID 
								From User 
								Where EmailTaskID__c = :userIDNumber]; 
			if(userList.size() <> 1){ 
				return ''; 
				}else{ 
					return userList[0].id; 
				} 
			} 
		}

The problem is at line 58, I am getting the error "Illegal assignment from List to List". I believe the error is related to the way userIDNumber is declared, but for the life of me I cannot figure out the solution.

Would anyone have any suggestions or a solution?

Thank you.
I' m banging my head.  I have got a button to allow Leaders to blast a Chatter post when we have updates.  However to make it easier on our users to get it, we are having them follow a User that just blast these update.

The Leaders are admins (as am I) and have it checked to allow "Insert System Field Values for Chatter Feeds" in our profile and in the code I have

FeedItem post = new FeedItem();
        String s = 'THe Message';
        post.ParentId = landingChatterGroup.Id;
        System.debug('Concierge.Id ' + Concierge.Id);
        post.createdById = Concierge.Id;
        post.Body =s;
        post.Type = 'TextPost';

insert post;

I am getting INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY, insufficient access rights on cross-reference id: [

What am I missing?  The user is a Manager in the chatter group I am trying to add the post to.
Hi All

Im hoping someone can either start me off or point me in the right direction for closing a related opportunity when a contract is activated.
Contracts are activated though an approval flow and unfortunately because of this i cannot build a process in the process builder to close opportunities - it must be done though a trigger.

I understand I need 2 things. 1. The Class which defines what changes need to happen, and 2. The trigger which goes on the contract record to start the class.

Where is a good starting point for this?

Hi, When I try to depoly the "deployUnpackaged" package i keep getting this errors even when the value is true:
1.  objects/Account.object (Account.APTS_DPLStatus__c) -- Error: The entity: Account does not have history tracking enabled (line 80, column 13)
<fields>
        <fullName>APTS_DPLStatus__c</fullName>
        <externalId>false</externalId>
        <label>DPL Status</label>
        <picklist>
            <picklistValues>
                <fullName>Cleared</fullName>
                <default>false</default>
            </picklistValues>
            <picklistValues>
                <fullName>Pending</fullName>
                <default>true</default>
            </picklistValues>
            <picklistValues>
                <fullName>Denied</fullName>
                <default>false</default>
            </picklistValues>
            <picklistValues>
                <fullName>System Not Reachable</fullName>
                <default>false</default>
            </picklistValues>
            <restrictedPicklist>true</restrictedPicklist>
            <sorted>false</sorted>
        </picklist>
        <trackFeedHistory>false</trackFeedHistory>
        <trackHistory>true</trackHistory>
        <type>Picklist</type>
    </fields>

I have created a custom object on my accounts that shows the products we have on display with certain retailers. If the display consists of certain products within the range, it becomes a qualifying range (additional discount is given ).. I am trying to incorporate an auto field update whereby, in the example attached, if the "Category" = "Cabinet" AND "Range" = "Bosco" AND the  "Description Code"  C Quantity is >=4 AND "Description Code"  O Quantity is >=3 AND "Description Code"  T Quantity is >=1, that the field under Qualifying Cabinet Range - Bosco becomes a check, I have tried to do this as a formula however as the custom object is made up of multiple records feeding into the required field to update this doesnt seem to be possible
 User-added image