• 5 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We have a large SFDC development shop, with several dozen sandboxes.
There is a lot of churn and management around sandbox creation, deletion, maintenance, user access, etc.
We take every opportunity to create automation around these repetitive tasks.

A real impediment to the automation is the fact that we cannot programmatically get a list of sandboxes.
We have a very real need to retrieve the list of active sandboxes through the API (not via graphical user interface).

Example:  a user leaves the company.  We have 45 active sandboxes.  We need to disable the user in each sandbox.
It was easy to automated the process, except for the fact that we cannot get the list of sandboxes.
We have to maintain this list manually in a TXT/CSV file outside of Salesforce.  
Not fun, especially since even the GUI interface does not give a nice way to copy this data out to text or CSV.
(try to copy / paste off the sandbox page, you get an ugly html table needing extensive formatting in your paste target).

We have a large SFDC development shop, with several dozen sandboxes.
There is a lot of churn and management around sandbox creation, deletion, maintenance, user access, etc.
We take every opportunity to create automation around these repetitive tasks.

A real impediment to the automation is the fact that we cannot programmatically get a list of sandboxes.
We have a very real need to retrieve the list of active sandboxes through the API (not via graphical user interface).

Example:  a user leaves the company.  We have 45 active sandboxes.  We need to disable the user in each sandbox.
It was easy to automated the process, except for the fact that we cannot get the list of sandboxes.
We have to maintain this list manually in a TXT/CSV file outside of Salesforce.  
Not fun, especially since even the GUI interface does not give a nice way to copy this data out to text or CSV.
(try to copy / paste off the sandbox page, you get an ugly html table needing extensive formatting in your paste target).

Hi,

I'm trying to deploy code from a sandbox back into a developer org. I have a problem with the AppMenu metadata. On the sandbox we have a Conga Conductor trial, on the dev org we don't. So if I try to deploy with that app listed it borks.

If I remove the line referencing Conductor from AppSwitcher.appMenu and remove Conductor from "Referenced Packages" it seems like I should now be able to deploy the appMenus.

However I get: 

For AppSwticherAppMenu, all apps must be in the app menu

Any idea how I can track down what it's actually refering to?

Paul
Hi,

I'm trying to deploy code from a sandbox back into a developer org. I have a problem with the AppMenu metadata. On the sandbox we have a Conga Conductor trial, on the dev org we don't. So if I try to deploy with that app listed it borks.

If I remove the line referencing Conductor from AppSwitcher.appMenu and remove Conductor from "Referenced Packages" it seems like I should now be able to deploy the appMenus.

However I get: 

For AppSwticherAppMenu, all apps must be in the app menu

Any idea how I can track down what it's actually refering to?

Paul