• Member since 2014
  • BrightGen

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello, I have a custom object with STATUS field which I'd like to auto-populate based on whether the object's child object(s) RECEIVED date field is populated. (or the child's STATUS field if the date field would cause issues) These two objects have a master-detail relationship. There is never a set number of the child objects and can vary from 0 to 15 and they all have their separate RECEIVED dates.

I would like the master object's STATUS to be auto-updated based on the 'lowest' number of the individual entries in the child object i.e. if 2 entries are marked but one isn't then the STATUS field would say 'Partially' until they are all populated, then the STATUS would change as ALL IN.

Can this be done using roll-up summary and field update workflow or would this have to be done by a code? I can't figure out how to create a formula which would check the fields for entries and then update the master status field accordingly. 

Thanks so much for your help.

Katerina 

Want my soql query to find records with specific record types. OR stement returning error: expecting right square bracket, found 'OR'

Do I need to create additional soql queries to first obtain record types, then reference in existig soql?

Thanks!

Existing soql
List<AggregateResult> results = [SELECT Account__c, 
                                         SUM(X2_1_a_Total_of_jobs_Year_0__c) mysum0,
                                         FROM Form__c 
                                         WHERE Account__c IN:accountIds
                                         AND (RecordType.DeveloperName ='Baseline Report')
                                         OR  (RecordType.DeveloperName ='Annual Report')
                                         GROUP BY Account__c]  ;

I'm new to visualforce and i know a way of creating a popup using javascript. Is there anyother way to create a popup which doesn't involve javascript?

I want my code to be a purely visualforce code 

I have a VF Page and I just want to link the subject to the related activity detail.  What am I missing?

<apex:page standardController="Contact" extensions="ActivityHistoryOnContact" showHeader="true" sidebar="false" >
<div style="overflow: scroll; height: 600px;">
  <apex:pageBlock title="Activity History">
      <apex:pageBlockSection >
          <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!ListTasks}" var="tsk" html-cid="actTable" style="width:1200px" >
          <apex:column style="width:500px" headerValue="Date" value="{!tsk.LastModifiedDate}" />
              <apex:column style="width:900px" headerValue="Subject" value="{!tsk.Subject}" />
              <a href="/{!tsk.Subject}" target="_blank">{!tsk.Subject}</a>
              <apex:column style="width:2500px" headerValue="Comments" value="{!tsk.Description}"/>
          </apex:pageBlockTable>
      </apex:pageBlockSection> 
  </apex:pageBlock>
  </div>
</apex:page>

Hello,

#I have two objects.
> Standard object (contact) (Master)
> Custom object (cust__c) (Detail)
They both have master detail relationship

#Both of them have Two record types each
> contact has record type "Con1" and "con2"
> cust__c has record type "Cus1" and "Cus2"

#Other info
> the detail page layout is present on the parent object

#Requirement
> I want to make sure that if a new "cust__c" is created on contact with record type "Con1" then mandatorily it should be associated to "Cus1".
> Similaryly, "Con2" should be associated to "Cus2", 
> Both of the association should be mandatory for a user

How is it possible ?
  • December 18, 2015
Hi,
I just got our app passed the security review, listed it on the app exchange and the installed it on a sandbox.But when I look at it in the "Installed Packages" section of setup, the "Limits" box is ticked.

I thought that once the app was installed as a managed package from the app exchange it was immune from the limits.

Have I missed a step?
Hi All,

Was wondering if there was a quick way to export all opportunity field names, API names, data types, field values (if available) and more or less all information related to a field into excel.

Any good free apps that anyone has used? Or a way to do that? Basically want to make a data dictionary and would LOVE to avoid having to go through every single field manually!

TIA!

Hi All,

Can someone tell me what are the certifications offered by salesforce now. I hope there are some changes and developer and Advanced developer are taken out. Kindly provide the info you u have.

Thanks!!
Hi,

How to keep Assign using active assignment rule check box to be checked by default please suggest me. I want this to be checked by default. 

Thanks
Sudhir
I'm try to pre-populate some hidden fields on our web to Lead form, but am struggling with the standard field

The first two lines are from the template provided and work great, as does the custom Asset Class field.

But for some reason the two standard fields I have highlighted are not working. What am I doing wrong?!

User-added image
how can we automate the deactivation of users if the user is inactve for certain time?
Hello, I want to know if it's possible to create a trigger to let a number field be created only in a consecutive order
Example: (001 to 100)
PreImpreso 001
PreImpreso 002
If I try to enter 004 and 003 was not entered yet, I get the error "number isn't going in consecutive order"
Hello, I have a custom object with STATUS field which I'd like to auto-populate based on whether the object's child object(s) RECEIVED date field is populated. (or the child's STATUS field if the date field would cause issues) These two objects have a master-detail relationship. There is never a set number of the child objects and can vary from 0 to 15 and they all have their separate RECEIVED dates.

I would like the master object's STATUS to be auto-updated based on the 'lowest' number of the individual entries in the child object i.e. if 2 entries are marked but one isn't then the STATUS field would say 'Partially' until they are all populated, then the STATUS would change as ALL IN.

Can this be done using roll-up summary and field update workflow or would this have to be done by a code? I can't figure out how to create a formula which would check the fields for entries and then update the master status field accordingly. 

Thanks so much for your help.

Katerina 

I am trying to create a rule that if the activity Type is Bid Defense, Virtual Meeting or Meeting then the TA checkboxes must be filled in.  Here is what i have so far but says missing a "(".  if you can take a look that would be great.

IF(
(ISPICKVAL(Type, 'Meeting'), ISPICKVAL(Type, 'Bid Defense')) && ISPICKVAL(Type, 'Virtual Meeting'), NOT( Analgesia__c ),NOT( Infectious_Disease__c ), NOT( Canada_Phase_1__c ), NOT( Neurology__c ), NOT( Cardiovascular__c ), NOT( Oncology__c ), NOT( Dermatology__c ), NOT( Ophthalmology__c ), NOT( Endocrinology__c ), NOT( Psychiatry__c ), NOT( Gastroenterology_Hepatology__c ), NOT( Respiratory__c ), NOT( Hematology__c ), NOT( Women_s_Health__c ), NOT( Immunology_Inflammation__c ), NOT( Other__c )
))
Hi,
how to write a validation rule to let the users enter exactly 8 characters not less than 8 not more than 8 (4 Alpha-4 numeric) in a text field,

Thanks in Advance

hi, loan__c --> Transaction__c -->  customer__c  -->  loan is the grand child, transaction is child, customer is parent.

public list<customer__c> cus=[select id,name,(select amount__c,name,Transaction_Type__c,(select id from loans__r) from transactions__r) from customer__c];
Error: DYNAMICAPPROVALCLASS Compile Error: SOQL statements cannot query aggregate relationships more than 1 level away from the root entity object. at line 10 column 5

how to write this type of query . 

Want my soql query to find records with specific record types. OR stement returning error: expecting right square bracket, found 'OR'

Do I need to create additional soql queries to first obtain record types, then reference in existig soql?

Thanks!

Existing soql
List<AggregateResult> results = [SELECT Account__c, 
                                         SUM(X2_1_a_Total_of_jobs_Year_0__c) mysum0,
                                         FROM Form__c 
                                         WHERE Account__c IN:accountIds
                                         AND (RecordType.DeveloperName ='Baseline Report')
                                         OR  (RecordType.DeveloperName ='Annual Report')
                                         GROUP BY Account__c]  ;