• 10 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Is there a way to add a lookup relationship to a custom field on a custom object which allows me to select one of many objects to define the relationship.

The need:

I am developing a managed app which I plan to list on the app exchange. 

As part of this solution, I have a custom object which could be related to account, opportunity, contacts (and other standard or custom objects by extension).

Currently, I have three custom lookup fields defined on my custom object, one for each of account, opportunity and contact.

If there a way where I could have one field, maybe I call it related_object and store the ID of that object as well as the type or name (is it an account, opportunity, contact, or any other xyz standard or custom object).

That way, if in a particular deployment, the org has a custom account object for example, my custom object can still be associated with it by giving the ID and name. 

In absense of this, I will have to customize my custom object for each org that I sell my app to.

Any help, direction, pointers will be appreciated.
What are the possible options available to query and update records on the Salesforce1 mobile app?

I know - I can use REST APIs to build the interaction and that works fine.

However, there are other options coming up like using iOS AppExtension to share information between iOS apps or Intent for Android.

Does Salesforce1 provide support for these (or other such approaches) which can then be alternatives to the usual REST API flow?
I want to add posts to the contact feed for a particular contact that I select using REST.

What do I need to use?

I see the following when do I go a get on ContactFeed:

"urls" : {
      "sobject" : "/services/data/v20.0/sobjects/ContactFeed",
      "describe" : "/services/data/v20.0/sobjects/ContactFeed/describe",
      "rowTemplate" : "/services/data/v20.0/sobjects/ContactFeed/{ID}"

Retreiving details for the contact does not give me an ID for the ContactFeed that I could use here. How do I see the already existing posts on the contact feed and more importantly, how to I add a post to the contact feed?

Any help or pointers will be appreciated.

I need to "log a call" for an account using REST API.

I can access the account details using REST - that works.

However I am unable to seach for the existing call logs that I created using the SalesForce UI using any REST query. What am I missing?

I understand I need to create a Task object for logging a call.

Once I create a task for the call, how do I associate it with a particular account so that it would show up in the UI in the Account page?

Thanks and would be great if you could point me in the right direction if something like this already exists. Didnt find it and hence thought of posting.

I want to add posts to the contact feed for a particular contact that I select using REST.

What do I need to use?

I see the following when do I go a get on ContactFeed:

"urls" : {
      "sobject" : "/services/data/v20.0/sobjects/ContactFeed",
      "describe" : "/services/data/v20.0/sobjects/ContactFeed/describe",
      "rowTemplate" : "/services/data/v20.0/sobjects/ContactFeed/{ID}"

Retreiving details for the contact does not give me an ID for the ContactFeed that I could use here. How do I see the already existing posts on the contact feed and more importantly, how to I add a post to the contact feed?

Any help or pointers will be appreciated.

I need to "log a call" for an account using REST API.

I can access the account details using REST - that works.

However I am unable to seach for the existing call logs that I created using the SalesForce UI using any REST query. What am I missing?

I understand I need to create a Task object for logging a call.

Once I create a task for the call, how do I associate it with a particular account so that it would show up in the UI in the Account page?

Thanks and would be great if you could point me in the right direction if something like this already exists. Didnt find it and hence thought of posting.

We're used to AppExchange producing new leads for us when someone takes our apps for a Test Drive or views the Demo. Those leads have lead sources like with "SFDC-TD|<AppName>" and "SFDC-DM|<AppName>". 

We've seen some leads generated by AppExchange start have a lead source of "SFDC-IN|<AppName>". What do they represent?

Thanks!

Here's the Apex REST class:

@RestResource(urlMapping='/abc/def/*')
global with sharing class TheRESTclass
{
  @HttpGet
  global static String doGet(RestRequest req, RestResponse res)
  { return 'hello'; }
}

From the Apigee Salesforce console, I call the following URL (using OAuth authentication):

https://na7.salesforce.com/services/apexrest/abc/def

I've also tried it with the namespace in there:

https://na7.salesforce.com/services/apexrest/namespace/abc/def

But I keep getting this error:

"message": "Could not find a match for URL /namespace/abc/def", "errorCode": "NOT_FOUND"

I've looked at multiple tutorials and they all guided me in the same direction. So I don't know what I could be possibly missing. Do I need to comfigure Remote Site Settings or do any other type of configuration?

Thanks in advance.