• 35 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a Custom Object with a numeric field to be used as a counter. The reason for that is not important now.

I'm trying to create a Flow to update the counter for each new object I create.

I have now a Process and a Flow to achieve that. Whenever an object is inserted, the flow gather it's id and passes it as a paramter to the flow.

The flow has 3 components executing the following actions:
  1. Lookup for the object just inserted, using the id informed by the process;
  2. Lookup for any object of that type sorting on the counter field desc. That will get the max value;
  3. Increments the value and update the newly inserted recorde with that counter.
That flow is working as expected when I insert only one record. Because Salesforce bulkify the execution of queries in flows, when I insert more than one object in the same transaction, it groups the queries and run them all at once. That means that it will select the max counter once and increment the same value by 1 for all the new objects I'm inserting.

As an example, if the current max counter for the object is 4 and I insert 10 new objects, all the new objects will have the same counter 5, instead of 5 through 14.

Is there any way I can have a static variable there shared accross all flow instances in that transaction?
We have a custom live agent implementation in our appilcation.
The chat window from our application sends messages to our application server. Our application server then, sends the REST requests to the Live Agent REST API server configured in our Salesforce instance.

We are trying to block some visitors by IP and that seems to be pretty easy to do in Salesforce. The problem is that as we have our application server sending the REST API requests to Salesforce, the visitor IP we have in the chat requests are always our application server's IP, not the actual visitor IP.

I tried to change that the X-Forwarded-For header, but Salesforce ignores that.

Is there any way to specify the visitor's IP address when sending a new chat REST API request to Salesforce? I checked the documentation and couldn't find anything about it.

Thank you.

I'm trying to use ConnectApi to get a list of FeedItems.

I have four questions assigned to managed topics that I can list using Salesforce Workbench.

When I call ConnectApi.ChatterFeeds.getFeedElementsFromFeed(communityId, ConnectApi.FeedType.Home) from an Apex Class, that returns a ConnectApi.FeedElementPage without any FeedElements in it.

Here is the queries from the Workbench:

User-added image

I queried the TopicAssignment object and could also see the questions and the assigment to topics:

User-added image

I tried also to open the Chatter feed from a community I'm creting and I could see the questions there.

My question is: Is there anything I'm not setting up correctly, preventing me to list the Chatter Feeds related to the ConnectApi.FeedType.Home?
Had anyone ever ran into this problem of not being able to list feed item questions using the Chatter in apex API?
I'm getting this error when I try to run tests from a class in Salesforce:

"Methods defined as TestMethod do not support Web service callouts"

I checked forums and all the answers I found so far tell me to write http or webservice callout mocks and set them to the tests I'm running.
Even though I don't have http or webservices callouts in my Apex classes, I wrote the mocks and set them to the test code, without any success.

The error message doesn't give me any information on where is the problem being triggered, nor which class or line of code. I tried to comment the test code backwards and found out that in two different methods the error happens when:
1. I try to update an  Account;
2. I try to insert an OpportunityLineItem.

I don't have any trigger on those objects performing any callout.

Is it possible that some installed package is performing a callout and I would have to create a mock for that? Even if that is the problem, it doesn't make any sense. I tried to set a mock for http and webservice callouts and wraped the test in Test.startTest()/Test.stopTest(), without any difference.

Is it possible that this is some Salesforce bug?

I'm trying to using the Salesforcde Live Agent REST API from a webpage using angular and ajax requests.
When I first try to obtain the SessionId, performing an ajax request to <server>/chat/rest/System/SessionId, the browser first submits an OPTIONS preflight request.

Salesforce returns a 400 error response because the request doesn't include the headers X-LIVEAGENT-API-VERSION nor X-LIVEAGENT-AFFINITY. To verify if that was really the problem, I tried to add those headers and submit the request again using Postman. That time I got an 405 method not allowed error. That means that Salesforce can't service an OPTIONS request for that endpoint.

For what it looks like, Salesforce Live Agent doesn't support CORS. Is that correct? I would like to access the API directly from the client, without having to submit a request to my server and then a request to Salesforce Live Agent Api. Is this possible? Is there some way to have the Live Agent REST API servicing Ajax requests?
I'm implementing a customized Salesforce Community and one of the components I'm using is Chatter.
Communities users can post and reply to questions, bookmark, like, vote, so, basically all the users can do in Salesforce Chatter.
One of the use cases that I have is that the author of a question, i.e. a feed element, must be able to unfollow their own question.

I searched the Chatter in Apex documentation, forums and developer guides and couldn't find any way to prevent the user to be notified for activity in their questions. Is that possible?
Is it possible to customize the email notifications sent to users for Chatter events?

More specifically, when a user creates a feed item, gets a comment to a feed item or comments following theirs, Salesforce sends an email notification. I couldn't find any email template, nor trigger, nor any other means to change the email content.

I was searching and found in the following links that that was not possible.

http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/7734/how-to-customize-the-email-template-on-chatter-posts
https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000HA1sAAG#

As the replies and idea were created many years ago, I would like to know if it still is not possible to customize the email notification sent to the users. If that is still the case, what are the alternatives? Should I mass update all the users preferences to not be notified on Chatter events and create a trigger to email users with a custom email template for all these events (feed creation and comments).
I'm trying to use the live agent chat on a project but I'm having a hard time trying to add the chat to a div in the bottom right corner.

I could successfully open a chat in an iframe inside a div in the corner, using liveagent.startChatWithWindow(). The problem is that when I change the page I would like to have access to the same chat session. I would like to reload the div with the same session.

Is that possible? I don't see any javascript method to reload an existing session. Also, when I change the window, the chat session is closed. Is it possible to do it using this approach or only using the REST API and implementing the whole client communication to the server?
I want to send an email to Community Users when a Knowledge Article is published.

The only solution I found so far is to create a job to run from time to time and check if the article is published. If the article is published the job sends the email to the community users. Details: https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/#!/feedtype=SINGLE_QUESTION_SEARCH_RESULT&id=906F00000009ANBIA2

Is there any other way to do it, without using that terrible workaround?

I tried to use the idea on this post:
http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/54365/how-to-write-a-trigger-to-fire-a-task-to-a-public-group-whenever-an-article-is-c
It won't work because the workflow rule is not triggered when the article is published.

I tried also to check if I could use a trigger to send the emails when the article is published, but I can not create triggers in article objects.

What are the options? Is there a way to execute any action or call any apex code when an article is published?

I am implementing a pixel level customized Salesforce Community. To be able to have the forms, divs and fields we want, I am using a Visualforce + Tabs template and writing Visualforce code for all the pages and forms I need.

Now I'm starting to implement pages and forms to list questions and answers, post questions, vote for questions and best replies, etc. To be able to display all the fields and categories the way we want, I'm gonna have to query Salesforce object using SOQL. What is not clear to me is what objects to use. From what I've read in forums and Salesforce Communities documentation, the right way to do it is to work with Chatter Answer objects (Question, Reply, QuestionDataCategorySelection), etc. Another option I see for that is using API objects like Topic, TopicAssignment, FeedItem and FeedComment.

I have two questions:
1- What is the right approach to implement a question form and list in a Salesforce Community from the scratch? Although I feel like the right way to do it is using Chatter Answers objects, I tried a Napili template community before and the questions and topics I created were saved in FeedItem, FeedComment, Topic and TopicAssignment objects.
2- As I can use only one CategoryGroup per Community (zone), if I use Question, Reply and QuestionDataCategoryObjects, am I restricted to only one category per question?
I cannot download the CirrusAssets.zip file required for the Site.com Workbook.

The link in the workbook is:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/siteforce/CirrusAssets.zip

Which redirects me to:

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.siteforce.meta/siteforceCirrusAssets.zip

Both links lead me to a blank page.

Can I have a working link to download the zip file?

Thank you
I'm trying to create a customized Salesforce Community.

By customized I mean I want to have control not only of the the color and disposition of elements on the screen but also which elements will be displayed in each screen.

I started by implement a community using the Napili template. I tried to customize it in Site.com and was able to tweak a couple things, but couldn't find out how to add elements to the navigation bar. I want that bar to have, for instance Knowledge, Cases, Questions and Ideas. So, my question is: is it possible to customize the Napili template in Site.com or editing the css to display those elements in the Navigation bar?

If not, what are my options? Should I use Salesforce tabs + Visualforce instead? If I use that community template, will I be able to edit the pages using Site.com or only programatically?

I have a web application where users log in using their login an password.
I'm creating a Salesforce Community for those users, for them to ask questions, read articles, start discussions, etc.

I have a scheduled process now that synchronizes the users I have in my application to Salesforce. I'm extending that process to create contacts and community users, so my users won't have to manually register into the community.

In the next step, I'm going to add a link to my application where the users can click and be logged into the community, in a new window. As the users are already logged into my application, I don't whan them to provide their login again to communities. How can I achieve that?

I read a lot of Salesforce documentation on loggin in using SAML and OAuth and couldn't find anything that suits my needs. OAuth is all about authenticating the user and giving me an access token, so my application can perform actions in the community on the behalf of my user. I don't want that. I only want to login the user.

A solution could be use SAML to single sign on, but then I would need to manage my user in a SSO provider and I don't want to do that. Is there any way to log my user into the communities using only its email or Salesforce Id, without requiring them to provide credentials? Can I provide some secret or key from my application and log in any user I want?

I found something close to that with OAuth 2.0 JWT Bearer Token Flow, but even then I would need a user first authentication to get an authorization token.

Thank you

I have two organizations, one for development and another for production/sandbox.

When I generate a WSDL from production/sandbox I have some lookup relationships mapped as Name.
If I generate the WSDL from the development environment instead, I get the same relationships mapped as SObject.

Here is an example for Lead:

Development:
<complexType name="Lead">
<complexContent>
<extension base="ens:sObject">
<sequence>
<element name="AcceptedEventRelations" nillable="true" minOccurs="0" type="tns:QueryResult"/>
<element name="ActivityHistories" nillable="true" minOccurs="0" type="tns:QueryResult"/>
<element name="Address" nillable="true" minOccurs="0" type="tns:address"/>
<element name="Owner" nillable="true" minOccurs="0" type="ens:sObject"/>
<element name="OwnerId" nillable="true" minOccurs="0" type="tns:ID"/>
</sequence>
</extension>
</complexContent>
</complexType>

Production:
<complexContent>
<sequence>
<element name="AcceptedEventRelations" nillable="true" minOccurs="0" type="tns:QueryResult"/>
<element name="ActivityHistories" nillable="true" minOccurs="0" type="tns:QueryResult"/>
<element name="Owner" nillable="true" minOccurs="0" type="ens:Name"/>
</sequence>
</extension>
</complexContent>
</complexType>

You can see that the Owner is mapped as Name in production but sObject in development.
That happens thoughout the whole wsdl. There is no Name object in development.

Both are using the same API version:

<soap:address location="https://login.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/33.0/0DFi0000000CjGX"/>

<soap:address location="https://login.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/33.0/0DFE0000000TYR9"/>

Is there a way to make both organizations map this multi-type lookup relationships to Name?

I'm trying to using the Salesforcde Live Agent REST API from a webpage using angular and ajax requests.
When I first try to obtain the SessionId, performing an ajax request to <server>/chat/rest/System/SessionId, the browser first submits an OPTIONS preflight request.

Salesforce returns a 400 error response because the request doesn't include the headers X-LIVEAGENT-API-VERSION nor X-LIVEAGENT-AFFINITY. To verify if that was really the problem, I tried to add those headers and submit the request again using Postman. That time I got an 405 method not allowed error. That means that Salesforce can't service an OPTIONS request for that endpoint.

For what it looks like, Salesforce Live Agent doesn't support CORS. Is that correct? I would like to access the API directly from the client, without having to submit a request to my server and then a request to Salesforce Live Agent Api. Is this possible? Is there some way to have the Live Agent REST API servicing Ajax requests?
Is it possible to customize the email notifications sent to users for Chatter events?

More specifically, when a user creates a feed item, gets a comment to a feed item or comments following theirs, Salesforce sends an email notification. I couldn't find any email template, nor trigger, nor any other means to change the email content.

I was searching and found in the following links that that was not possible.

http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/7734/how-to-customize-the-email-template-on-chatter-posts
https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000HA1sAAG#

As the replies and idea were created many years ago, I would like to know if it still is not possible to customize the email notification sent to the users. If that is still the case, what are the alternatives? Should I mass update all the users preferences to not be notified on Chatter events and create a trigger to email users with a custom email template for all these events (feed creation and comments).

I have two organizations, one for development and another for production/sandbox.

When I generate a WSDL from production/sandbox I have some lookup relationships mapped as Name.
If I generate the WSDL from the development environment instead, I get the same relationships mapped as SObject.

Here is an example for Lead:

Development:
<complexContent>
<sequence>
<element name="Owner" nillable="true" minOccurs="0" type="ens:sObject"/>
</sequence>
</extension>
</complexContent>
</complexType>

Production:
<complexContent>
<sequence>
<element name="Owner" nillable="true" minOccurs="0" type="ens:Name"/>
</sequence>
</extension>
</complexContent>
</complexType>

You can see that the Owner is mapped as Name in production but sObject in development.
That happens thoughout the whole wsdl. There is no Name object in development.

Both are using the same API version:

<soap:address location="https://login.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/33.0/0DFi0000000CjGX"/>

<soap:address location="https://login.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/33.0/0DFE0000000TYR9"/>

Is there a way to make both organizations map this multi-type lookup relationships to Name?

hi there, i am trying post pdf file from visual page to my controller using apex:form and send it third party using rest api, but on controller end i am not getting my pdf file.its field is null,
visual page

<apex:page controller="SendAgreementExt" docType="html-5.0" >

<apex:form enctype="multipart/form-data">
<apex:pageBlock >
       <apex:pageBlockButtons >
        <apex:commandButton value="Send" action="{!send}"/>
    </apex:pageBlockButtons>

<apex:pageBlockSection showHeader="false" columns="2">
            <apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
                <apex:outputLabel value="File Name" for="fileName" />
                <input type="text" name="name"/>
            </apex:pageBlockSectionItem>

<apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
                <apex:outputLabel value="File" for="file" />
                <input type="file" name="attachment"/>
            </apex:pageBlockSectionItem>
      </apex:pageBlockSection>
            </apex:pageBlock>

</apex:form>
{!LeadMessage}
</apex:page>
controller
Public with Sharing Class SendAgreementExt
{

public String LeadMessage{get;set;}
       public String name{get;set;}
       public String agreement{get;set;}
      public Attachment attachment {
  get {
      if (attachment == null)
        attachment = new Attachment();
      return attachment;
    }
  set;
  }
        public void send()
        {
         system.debug('========name======='+name); 
        system.debug('========attachment======='+attachment);   
           JSONParser parser;
             Http h = new Http();
         ID leadid=ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id');       
         string redirect_uri =URL.getSalesforceBaseUrl()+'/apex/sendagreementvf';

HttpRequest req = new HttpRequest();
               req.setMethod('POST');
               req.setHeader('Content-Length', '512'); 
               req.setHeader('Access-Token', Label.echosign_access_token); 
               req.setEndpoint('https://api.na1.echosign.com/api/rest/v5/transientDocuments');
              req.setBody('File-Name='+attachment.name+'&Mime-Type=pdf&File='+attachment.body);
               req.setHeader('Content-Type', 'application/x-www-form-urlencoded');  
               HttpResponse res;

res = h.send(req);
               system.debug('==='+res.getBody());
               LeadMessage=res.getBody();
            parser = JSON.createParser(res.getBody());

}

}

Please Help

I'm trying to use the Live Agent REST API but I'm bumping into CORS issue. The AJAX request:
$.ajax({
    type: "GET",
    url: LiveAgent._Url + "/System/SessionId",
    headers: {
        "X-LIVEAGENT-AFFINITY": "null",
        "X-LIVEAGENT-API-VERSION": 35,
    },
    success: LiveAgent.ChasitorInit
})
This results in a preflight (OPTIONS) HTTP request with the following headers:

Access-Control-Request-Method: GET
Access-Control-Request-Headers: x-liveagent-affinity,x-liveagent-api-version
Origin: https://mylocaltest.com

But the response headers only have:

Access-Control-Allow-Origin: https://mylocaltest.com
Access-Control-Allow-Credentials: true

It is missing the Access-Control-Allow-Headers header.
I notice using the native Live Agent API the chat agent is able to see the URL the chat is coming from along with recent visited URLs, how can I do the same using the Live Agent REST API? I have tried using the https://hostname/chat/rest/Visitor/Breadcrumb URI but it does not seem to do anything. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I am trying to create a web chat client using the SalesForce Live Agent REST API but I am running into an issue with CORS. Is tehre a way to get SalesForce to enable CORS or does the REST API support JSONP, if so do you have some examples, if not then what would be the proper way to use the Live Agent REST API with JavaScript? I am currently using a proxy I quickly created on my server which seems to be working but does cause a little slowdown.
Hi All, Good afternoon...

We have implemented a trigger to associate case team memebers to a case created via communities..
This trigger works fine for internal users but when users with community user profile creates a case its throws following error:
Op:Insert|Type:CaseTeamMember|Rows:1
System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: OP_WITH_INVALID_USER_TYPE_EXCEPTION, Operation not valid for this user type: []
I have verified community user profile does have read/write access to case object and able to create the cases as well.
Even tried without sharing key word still exception.Observed the exception when caseteammember is inserted.
If i comment out the insert caseteammemebr line in trigger helper class no exception and case was created without case team members...

Any Help will be appreaciated...
I trigger that prevents a community user if certain conditions about the user's contact record are true, so in my test class I am running as a community user to insert a FeedItem. 

I followed these instructions for creating and testing as a community user (https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Apex_Testing_with_RunAs).
Here is my code that uses the getPortalUser method from above to create the portal user, then insert the post as the user: 
User runningUser = getPortalUser(PortalType.CSPLitePortal, null, true);
Test.StartTest();
system.runas(runningUser){ 
    FeedItem post = new FeedItem();
    post.ParentId = userinfo.getuserid();
    post.Body = 'test post';
    post.NetworkScope=Network.getNetworkId();
    insert post;
}
I get this error ​when inserting the post: INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY, insufficient access rights on cross-reference id

​I know that I need to set the NetworkScope of the post, as it describes in this article (https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?id=000187667&language=en_US), but Network.getNetworkID() is null. 
How can I retrieve this information in a test class? 
I want to send an email to Community Users when a Knowledge Article is published.

The only solution I found so far is to create a job to run from time to time and check if the article is published. If the article is published the job sends the email to the community users. Details: https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/#!/feedtype=SINGLE_QUESTION_SEARCH_RESULT&id=906F00000009ANBIA2

Is there any other way to do it, without using that terrible workaround?

I tried to use the idea on this post:
http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/54365/how-to-write-a-trigger-to-fire-a-task-to-a-public-group-whenever-an-article-is-c
It won't work because the workflow rule is not triggered when the article is published.

I tried also to check if I could use a trigger to send the emails when the article is published, but I can not create triggers in article objects.

What are the options? Is there a way to execute any action or call any apex code when an article is published?

I have a web application where users log in using their login an password.
I'm creating a Salesforce Community for those users, for them to ask questions, read articles, start discussions, etc.

I have a scheduled process now that synchronizes the users I have in my application to Salesforce. I'm extending that process to create contacts and community users, so my users won't have to manually register into the community.

In the next step, I'm going to add a link to my application where the users can click and be logged into the community, in a new window. As the users are already logged into my application, I don't whan them to provide their login again to communities. How can I achieve that?

I read a lot of Salesforce documentation on loggin in using SAML and OAuth and couldn't find anything that suits my needs. OAuth is all about authenticating the user and giving me an access token, so my application can perform actions in the community on the behalf of my user. I don't want that. I only want to login the user.

A solution could be use SAML to single sign on, but then I would need to manage my user in a SSO provider and I don't want to do that. Is there any way to log my user into the communities using only its email or Salesforce Id, without requiring them to provide credentials? Can I provide some secret or key from my application and log in any user I want?

I found something close to that with OAuth 2.0 JWT Bearer Token Flow, but even then I would need a user first authentication to get an authorization token.

Thank you
Hi,

I'm currently testing out Live Agent in development. If I understand correctly I should be able to test out the rest API by executing some cURL commands and passing the correct information. I'm able to execute the System/SessionId request and get back the response with the key, id, and affinity token. However when I try to execute the Chasitor/ChasitorInit request it fails with this:

"An error has occurred while processing your request. The salesforce.com support team has been notified of the problem. If you believe you have additional information that may be of help in reproducing or correcting the error, please contact Salesforce Support. Please indicate the URL of the page you were requesting, any error id shown on this page as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience. Error ID: 1312603297-5809 (119858002)"

Here's the command that I'm using for the request, with the deployment specific fields omitted.
curl -i --header 'Content-Type: application/json' —-header 'X-LIVEAGENT-AFFINITY: affinitytoken' --header 'X-LIVEAGENT-API-VERSION: 29' --header 'X-LIVEAGENT-SESSION-KEY: sessionkey' --header 'X-LIVEAGENT-SEQUENCE:sequence' -X POST -d "{ 'sessionId':'sessionid', 'organizationId': 'orgid', 'buttonId': 'buttonid', 'deploymentId': 'deploymentid', 'userAgent': 'Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_9_5) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/41.0.2272.118 Safari/537.36', 'language': 'en-US', 'screenResolution': '1920x1080', 'prechatDetails': [], 'visitorName': 'John A.', 'receiveQueueUpdates': true, 'isPost': true, 'prechatEntities':[]}" https://endpoint/chat/rest/Chasitor/ChasitorInit

Is there something that I might be missing here?
Thanks.
We're implementing a Salesforce LiveAgent chat and we would liketo have chat to appear in the bottom right corner of the page, in a layer, not a popup. My question is: is this even possible?

We have succeeded in plucking out the content of the chat popup and sticking it in an iframe which I position at the bottom of the page. However, upon reloading/navigating, the chat naturally needs to be re-opened and restarted by the visitor and the previous chat session is lost. This is not desired.

We have tried to get a session ID from the liveagent API, but that's not possible with an AJAX call since the API seems to be cross-domain protected for some reason (Ww can't send the headers the API needs). Luckily, one of our backend guys succeeded in getting a session ID via CURL. This is only step 1, however, as now I need to persist the ID of an ongoing chat and automatically reconnect to the same session when the user navigates.

So if it is possible to use LiveAgent chat in the way I have described it, how do I actually do it?
I have one custom field on user object like "Notify me of releases" which data type is checkbox . When user select "Notify me of releases" checkbox checked  user will get notification for every update of  article whose type is alert. 
Note:- I have created one article type alert.
Hey,

Has anyone seen the following error when trying to deploy a Knowledge Article page layout:

Cannot specify: detailHeading for Layout of a Knowledge Article Type

My page layout looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Layout xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata">
    <layoutSections>
        <customLabel>false</customLabel>
        <detailHeading>false</detailHeading>
        <editHeading>false</editHeading>
        <label>Information</label>
        <layoutColumns>
            <layoutItems>
                <field>Publish_to_Website__c</field>
            </layoutItems>
            <layoutItems>
                <field>Attach_Article_to_S3__c</field>
            </layoutItems>
            <layoutItems>
                <field>S3_Article_Link__c</field>
            </layoutItems>
            <layoutItems>
                <field>Information__c</field>
            </layoutItems>
        </layoutColumns>
        <style>OneColumn</style>
    </layoutSections>
</Layout>

I've tried removing the detailHeading tag altogether as well as changing the value between true and false but to no avail. 
I also tried with a package.xml version of 29.0, 30.0 and 31.0 and they all had the same behaviour.
Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers,
Enda.
  • November 19, 2014