• 35 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Im am trying to create a trigger that will update a Opportunity Lookup field to the contact to pull in the primary contact role if there is one on the Opportunity record. Once this is updated, then I would like to setup a workflow rule when upon Closed Won, an email will be sent to that Primary contact role. Does this make sense? Im struggling ....
Can anyone assist me on how to create a trigger to upate the Task record type to reflect the same as the Parent Record type? For instance, if the Lead or Opporunity record type is "TEST RECORD TYPE" then Task record type is updated as the same "TEST RECORD TYPE". Thanks.
Hello,

I understand there isn't a standard function in SF to update a child record type based on the parent object record type. Does anyone have any example I can use to do this with a trigger? What I would like to do is, if the parent record type is changed, then the child Task record type changes as well. Any help would be appriecated! Thanks.
Im am trying to create a trigger that will update a Opportunity Lookup field to the contact to pull in the primary contact role if there is one on the Opportunity record. Once this is updated, then I would like to setup a workflow rule when upon Closed Won, an email will be sent to that Primary contact role. Does this make sense? Im struggling ....
Can anyone assist me on how to create a trigger to upate the Task record type to reflect the same as the Parent Record type? For instance, if the Lead or Opporunity record type is "TEST RECORD TYPE" then Task record type is updated as the same "TEST RECORD TYPE". Thanks.