• 40 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Question for all the community devs - - can the links that are provided when welcomed to the community or resetting a password be exported via API or integration of some sort to an external email provider or program?
Hello - I have a record that is used to create multiple other records of a different object. Our consultants wrote the code and it works great, however I'd like to reference specific field values from the original record and don't have enough code knowledge to do so.

The section of code I'd like to update is:
Reservation__c[] newReservations = new List<Reservation__c>();
		for(Id contactId:contactIds) {
			newReservations.add(new Reservation__c(Contact__c=contactId, 
												   Box__c = br.Box__c));
br is being identified in ealier code as the primary (#1). Instead of using the main br.Box__c field, I'd like to use the specific numbered field on the original. I feel like I need to use something like br.put('Name_'+String.valueOf(i)+'_Box__c') and if(br.get('Name_' + String.valueOf(i) + '_Contact__c')!=null) but I don't know how to successfully add these to the code section.

Hopefully this makes sense and any guidance would be much appreciated!

Hello Developers - - I have a string query that I use to identify users, but am struggling adding the unique profile to the current string:

String query = 'SELECT Id, User__c FROM Contact WHERE User__c != null AND User__r.IsActive = true';
I've tried to add the profile via User__r.Profile = 18digit  User__r.ProfileId = 18digit, User__r.Profile.Id = 18 digit, User__r.ProfileName = Community Name, but nothing has worked. I don't feel like it should be this difficult to add in a profile to the string. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Hello - - I am working on implementing Live Agent and am customizing the chatEndedByAgentLabel (and Visitor), and am struggling formatting an email address so its a link. The chatEndedByVisitorLabel is a string, so I'm not able to format with a + <a href=...>. Below is this section in my visualforce page. Is there a way I can make the email an output link? 

<liveAgent:clientChatLog 
               agentTypingLabel= "Agent typing..."
               chatEndedByAgentLabel= "Uggggh.....This chat has been ended by the agent."
               chatEndedByVisitorLabel = "Thank you for chatting! Please email at email@email.com with other questions!"
               showTimeStamp="false" visitorNameLabel="" />
    <liveAgent:clientChatLogAlertMessage />

Hello developers - -

A little background, we have a Design object that has a Master-Detail field of Group and Lookup field of Contact. We've created a button which allows us to email all contacts associated with a Group and it works great! However, I added another Lookup field on the Design whose email I also want to be included in this string.

I keep getting the System.SObjectException: SObject row was retrieved via SOQL without querying the requested field: Design__c.Contact2__r error, when I try to add the second contact/email field to the for loop or create a second for loop. I didn't create this and don't see the typical SOQL query fashion, so I'm not entirely sure where to add this field in order to get this second email to show up. Any ideas? Thank you in advance for any assistance!

global class GroupEmailListExtension {

webService static String getEmailBCCList(String groupId) {
        String emails = '';
        if(String.isBlank(groupId)) return emails;
        Design__c[] design= DesignHelper.FindAllByGroupIDAndStatus
            (groupId, DesignHelper.STATUS_CONFIRMED, true);  

for(Design__c des: design){
            if(des.Contact__r.Email != null && !emails.contains(des.Contact__r.Email)){
                emails += des.Contact__r.Email + '; ';
            }
        } 
        return emails; 
    }
}

//attempted: 
//1:         for(Design__c des: design){
//               if(des.Contact__r.Email != null && !emails.contains(des.Contact__r.Email)){
//                   emails += des.Contact__r.Email + '; ' + des.Contact2__r.Email + ";" ;

//2:         for(Design__c des: design){
//               if((des.Contact__r.Email != null && !emails.contains(des.Contact__r.Email))   
                      || (des.Contact2__r.Email != null && !emails.contains(des.Contact2__r.Email))){
//                   emails += des.Contact__r.Email + '; ' + des.Contact2__r.Email + ";" ;

Hello developers - - in the out-of-the-box solution for live agent, there is the moving/colored elipsis during the "please wait while you are connected to an agent" page. Anyone know how might I be able to create this on a custom page?
Hello - I'm creating a custom pre-chat page for Live Agent and am field has a limit of 350 characters, however the field on the pre-chat form allows much more than that. How might I limit the field on the visualforce page as well? Current code section below, and help would be much appreciated!

<br></br>
   Question: <textarea name='liveagent.prechat:Question' id='question' required="required" placeholder="How can we help?"
   style="background:transparent; vertical-align:top; border:1px solid #000; width:180px; height:108px; font-size: 16px"></textarea><br/>
   <br></br>

Hello - I created a pre-chat survey for my new verions of Live Agent, but in testing, clicking the link to chat now forces a login. How do I serve up the questions without logging in? Without the pre-chat quesitons, Live Agent launches just fine without a need to login and launching the visualforce page works. Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Hello - how might I be able to use the Button Code for Live Agent as a link instead of a button? I'm looking to add this discretely to a page, and a button is too much. Text as a hyperlink is what I'm hoping for. Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance!

We have an Apex class that creates a pdf based upon certain fields, I modified these fields yesterday (which I've done successfully before), and deployed to full and production without any issues. However, when I take a look at the code coverage in production, it is 0%. How was this successfully able to deploy into production with 0% coverage, and how do I get my code coverage back?

I am not a developer, but know enough to edit (not create) Apex. I've modified this specific class before all the while keeping the code coverage, but I have no idea what happened here. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello team --
I have a visualforce page created, which I am looking to slightly modify but am new to the coding side of Saleforce and am looking for a little guidance. Within our visualforce page, we have a section which displays a specific list and it works great, however I'd like to update it so it so this list does not appear if a certain picklist value is selected. The current visualforce is below and I'd like to add something such as
<apex:outputlink rendered="[!Object.Field_Name__c != "Media"}"> </apex:outputLink>
to indicate I do not want this list to show up. But I'm not sure where to put this section or if this addition would even get me to what I'm hoping. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Kristen

<div class="col col-xs-12 thingToDo">
<div class="col col-xs-4 col-sm-2 thingToDoImg">
<apex:outputLink styleClass="" value="{!$Page.List}?id={!currentReservation.Id}&depId={!currentReservation.Departure__c}">
<apex:image value="{!URLFOR($Resource.Images, '/trip-gear-a.jpg')}" />
</apex:outputLink> </div> <div class="col col-xs-8 col-sm-10 thingToDoLink">
<apex:outputLink styleClass="" value="{!$Page.List}?id={!currentReservation.Id}&depId={!currentReservation.Departure__c}">
<div class="vcenter">
<h3>List</h3>
<h4>(View)</h4>
</div> </apex:outputLink>
</div>
</div>

Hello - I have a record that is used to create multiple other records of a different object. Our consultants wrote the code and it works great, however I'd like to reference specific field values from the original record and don't have enough code knowledge to do so.

The section of code I'd like to update is:
Reservation__c[] newReservations = new List<Reservation__c>();
		for(Id contactId:contactIds) {
			newReservations.add(new Reservation__c(Contact__c=contactId, 
												   Box__c = br.Box__c));
br is being identified in ealier code as the primary (#1). Instead of using the main br.Box__c field, I'd like to use the specific numbered field on the original. I feel like I need to use something like br.put('Name_'+String.valueOf(i)+'_Box__c') and if(br.get('Name_' + String.valueOf(i) + '_Contact__c')!=null) but I don't know how to successfully add these to the code section.

Hopefully this makes sense and any guidance would be much appreciated!

Hello Developers - - I have a string query that I use to identify users, but am struggling adding the unique profile to the current string:

String query = 'SELECT Id, User__c FROM Contact WHERE User__c != null AND User__r.IsActive = true';
I've tried to add the profile via User__r.Profile = 18digit  User__r.ProfileId = 18digit, User__r.Profile.Id = 18 digit, User__r.ProfileName = Community Name, but nothing has worked. I don't feel like it should be this difficult to add in a profile to the string. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Hello developers - -

A little background, we have a Design object that has a Master-Detail field of Group and Lookup field of Contact. We've created a button which allows us to email all contacts associated with a Group and it works great! However, I added another Lookup field on the Design whose email I also want to be included in this string.

I keep getting the System.SObjectException: SObject row was retrieved via SOQL without querying the requested field: Design__c.Contact2__r error, when I try to add the second contact/email field to the for loop or create a second for loop. I didn't create this and don't see the typical SOQL query fashion, so I'm not entirely sure where to add this field in order to get this second email to show up. Any ideas? Thank you in advance for any assistance!

global class GroupEmailListExtension {

webService static String getEmailBCCList(String groupId) {
        String emails = '';
        if(String.isBlank(groupId)) return emails;
        Design__c[] design= DesignHelper.FindAllByGroupIDAndStatus
            (groupId, DesignHelper.STATUS_CONFIRMED, true);  

for(Design__c des: design){
            if(des.Contact__r.Email != null && !emails.contains(des.Contact__r.Email)){
                emails += des.Contact__r.Email + '; ';
            }
        } 
        return emails; 
    }
}

//attempted: 
//1:         for(Design__c des: design){
//               if(des.Contact__r.Email != null && !emails.contains(des.Contact__r.Email)){

//2:         for(Design__c des: design){
//               if((des.Contact__r.Email != null && !emails.contains(des.Contact__r.Email))   
                      || (des.Contact2__r.Email != null && !emails.contains(des.Contact2__r.Email))){

Hello - I'm creating a custom pre-chat page for Live Agent and am field has a limit of 350 characters, however the field on the pre-chat form allows much more than that. How might I limit the field on the visualforce page as well? Current code section below, and help would be much appreciated!

<br></br>
   Question: <textarea name='liveagent.prechat:Question' id='question' required="required" placeholder="How can we help?"
   style="background:transparent; vertical-align:top; border:1px solid #000; width:180px; height:108px; font-size: 16px"></textarea><br/>
   <br></br>

Hello - I created a pre-chat survey for my new verions of Live Agent, but in testing, clicking the link to chat now forces a login. How do I serve up the questions without logging in? Without the pre-chat quesitons, Live Agent launches just fine without a need to login and launching the visualforce page works. Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance!

We have an Apex class that creates a pdf based upon certain fields, I modified these fields yesterday (which I've done successfully before), and deployed to full and production without any issues. However, when I take a look at the code coverage in production, it is 0%. How was this successfully able to deploy into production with 0% coverage, and how do I get my code coverage back?

I am not a developer, but know enough to edit (not create) Apex. I've modified this specific class before all the while keeping the code coverage, but I have no idea what happened here. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello team --
I have a visualforce page created, which I am looking to slightly modify but am new to the coding side of Saleforce and am looking for a little guidance. Within our visualforce page, we have a section which displays a specific list and it works great, however I'd like to update it so it so this list does not appear if a certain picklist value is selected. The current visualforce is below and I'd like to add something such as
<apex:outputlink rendered="[!Object.Field_Name__c != "Media"}"> </apex:outputLink>
to indicate I do not want this list to show up. But I'm not sure where to put this section or if this addition would even get me to what I'm hoping. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Kristen

<div class="col col-xs-12 thingToDo">
<div class="col col-xs-4 col-sm-2 thingToDoImg">
<apex:image value="{!URLFOR($Resource.Images, '/trip-gear-a.jpg')}" />
</apex:outputLink> </div> <div class="col col-xs-8 col-sm-10 thingToDoLink">
<div class="vcenter">
<h3>List</h3>
<h4>(View)</h4>
</div> </apex:outputLink>
</div>
</div>