<style>
     .myclass {
      font-size: large;
     }
    </style>
</head>

And then accessed it

<apex:outputText styleClass="myclass" value="some text" />

And nothing happens.  If I use the style tag, it works.  If I put the definition in the apex:page calling the component, it works.  Very strange!
Hello,

I've created the below trigger so that our Telemarketing (Inside Sales) initiatives will open an Opportunity if the Inside Sales record's outcome__c field = "Meeting Scheduled". I have a lookup field for each object linking them. I have code to pass the originating record's id to the lookup field of the created record, but I need to get the new record's id sent back to the lookup field on the originating record. The lookup field on the originating record is Opportunity__c. Any assistance is appreciated.

trigger OpportunityCreate on Inside_Sales__c (after Update) {

//The purpose of this trigger is to automatically create an open opportunity when a telemarketer
//has successfully scheduled a meeting or presentation in reference to an inside sales initiative
//This trigger kicks off when an inside sales initiative has an outcome of meeting scheduled or present. scheduled

//Here we are creating a list of Opportunity records
    //We create a lists or batches so that we can avoid exceeding governor limits
    List<Opportunity> Opps = new List<Opportunity>();

//Here we are specifying to run the trigger only if the if statemenet is met
    //We have multiple if statements
    for (Inside_Sales__c updatedInsideSales : Trigger.New){ 

//Here we are stating to run the trigger if outcome equals meeting scheduled
        if(updatedInsideSales.CreateOpp__c == True){

//If the above if statement was met the below parameters will be passed
            Opps.add(new Opportunity(
                AccountId = updatedInsideSales.Account_Name__c,
                OwnerID = updatedInsideSales.Sales_Manager__c,
                InsideSales__c = updatedInsideSales.Id,
                Telemarketing__c = 'Yes',
                Name = updatedInsideSales.Account_Name_Text__c,
                Owner_s_Region__c = updatedInsideSales.PDX_Region__c,
                StageName = 'Presentation',       
                CloseDate = date.today()+60));
            }
        }

//Here we are inserting the opportunity records
    insert Opps;

}

Limiting Samples – Customer cannot get more than 4 samples per month, nor can a Customer get more than 2 of any particular color in a month. o Accomplish this based on “no code” method, using default salesforce functionality o Accomplish this based on “only code”, so salesforce functionality

I created custom object "products" and can add from related list to customer for ex. 2 green boxes, 1 red, 1, blue..

there is whole taks:

I run an organization that sells blue, red, and green gift boxes. We are targeting stores in shopping malls to use our gift boxes for gift wrapping their merchandise. Our sales people call and go store to store at the malls talking to store owners about our boxes. I need to be able to track their efforts and determine which boxes are selling. To help the sales efforts, our sales people carry sample boxes that they distribute to store owners that show some interest. These samples are at a cost to my company so I need to track how many samples they are giving out. Ultimately, I need to know what my sales folks are doing, which sample boxes they are giving out, and how they are building our customer base. Can you help?

Couple of additional scenarios….

1. Limiting Samples – Customer cannot get more than 4 samples per month, nor can a Customer get more than 2 of any particular color in a month. o Accomplish this based on “no code” method, using default salesforce functionality o Accomplish this based on “only code”, so salesforce functionality

Create a “calculated” field on the Customer to keep a cumulative total of samples delivered to a customer.

Every time a sample is delivered to the customer, we need an email sent to the customer, email address would be stored in the Customer table .

• A few tips: 1) Use the documentation for Salesforce that you can find online 2) Use Accounts as your primary object, other than Accounts, Events, Reports try not to use standard Salesforce objects, like opportunities, products, leads etc.. Instead build your own solution using custom objects.
When the user clicks link on his email it opens up a site/ VF page & on that first page I want the pop to show immediatly without the user clicking a button. The popup works but the problem is you have to click the button first before it shows.

I got the code from here http://www.salesforcegeneral.com/salesforce-modal-dialog-box/

Hi, 

I have a page defining several styles and containing several components.  If my component contains html segments part of a style defined in the main page I have problems when rendering the page as pdf.  The non-pdf page renders properly with no problems.  I tried looking around the posts and the documentation with no success. 

If I include the custom component MyComponent the rendered pdf loses the style.  If I inline the component it works fine.

Below is a simplified version of what I developed.

Page:

<apex:page renderAs="pdf"  standardstylesheets="false" sidebar="false" showheader="false" >

<head> <style type="text/css">

body,td {

font-family: Arial;

font-size: 11px;

}

.table_blue {

border-collapse: collapse;

}

.table_blue .head td {

border: 1px solid #000000;

padding: 5px 3px;

vertical-align: top;