• 10 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all, I'd like to have a formula field that populates with a name based off of the zip code on a Contact record.  The idea is that a Senator or Legislator name would be populated based off of a zip code.  I'm imagining something like a VLookup in Excel, but in Salesforce.  It's out of the question to write a huge nested conditional formula to pull the info.  Is there any way to store something in Salesforce that can be updated, that a formula field can reference to pull information from, similiar to an excel VLookup?

Thanks!
Hi All,

I'm experiencing a weird problem in production:

I have set up a customer application form using a visual force page.  Successful submission of the application is supposed to route the customer to a specific confirmation page.  I tested this functionality in a sandbox, and again in production, and verified that it all works. However, over the last week a lot of customers have been routed to an older confirmation page - one which is not linked to any more from the application (it still exists as a page, but is not accessed anywhere in the setup).

I have identified that one cause of the issue is when a user submits an attachment with a file size over the allotted 10mb for visual force pages. In the sandbox (and earlier in production), we ensured that when submitting an attachment that was too large, the page displayed an error and did not route to the confirmation page. However, now in production, when someone submits a large attachment, the error does not show up and the user is routed to an old confirmation page - one which is not linked to in any way from the application.

I'm wondering why a user would be routed to an old page at all if there is no link to it. Also, why isn't the Salesforce generated error triggered when the file size is too large?

The production instance is over its data storage.  Could this be causing the issue?  Some users have been experiencing the issue, some have not.  For the users that do not have the issue, records are being created.

Thank you for your help.
Hi all, I'd like to have a formula field that populates with a name based off of the zip code on a Contact record.  The idea is that a Senator or Legislator name would be populated based off of a zip code.  I'm imagining something like a VLookup in Excel, but in Salesforce.  It's out of the question to write a huge nested conditional formula to pull the info.  Is there any way to store something in Salesforce that can be updated, that a formula field can reference to pull information from, similiar to an excel VLookup?

Thanks!

Thanks!
Hi All,

I'm experiencing a weird problem in production:

I have set up a customer application form using a visual force page.  Successful submission of the application is supposed to route the customer to a specific confirmation page.  I tested this functionality in a sandbox, and again in production, and verified that it all works. However, over the last week a lot of customers have been routed to an older confirmation page - one which is not linked to any more from the application (it still exists as a page, but is not accessed anywhere in the setup).

I have identified that one cause of the issue is when a user submits an attachment with a file size over the allotted 10mb for visual force pages. In the sandbox (and earlier in production), we ensured that when submitting an attachment that was too large, the page displayed an error and did not route to the confirmation page. However, now in production, when someone submits a large attachment, the error does not show up and the user is routed to an old confirmation page - one which is not linked to in any way from the application.

I'm wondering why a user would be routed to an old page at all if there is no link to it. Also, why isn't the Salesforce generated error triggered when the file size is too large?

The production instance is over its data storage.  Could this be causing the issue?  Some users have been experiencing the issue, some have not.  For the users that do not have the issue, records are being created.

Thank you for your help.