• SMARTIE
  • 1546 Points
  • Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi, I'm working in the Napili Template '16 in the Community Builder and when we use lightning components these errors come up. Anyone have any advice? Thanks, 

User-added image
Hi,

Iam using <apex:pageblocksection title="Info"> in render as pdf page.But this styling is not working when renderas pdf attribute is used.
Normally pageblocksection styling which it displays in box is not getting displayed in pdf.Can someone help me with CSS style and html

Thanks & Regards,
Sindhu Ambarkar.
Hello,

I am looking for tutorial for integrating Salesforce with Social media.

for instance:
I want to do job postings on facebook or linkdin from Salesforce.
I may traack resposes
Hello!
I want to integrate a SharePoint sheet that we maintain for our customers with Salesforce Account object, in such a way that if anything is updated in SharePoint, it should get updated in Salesforce as well. Can you please tell me how to do that? How do I map the fields, as the field names in Salesforce are different from those in SharePoint? It is a little urgent! Help is really really appreciated.
Thank you!
Referring to Developer Trail - Beginner: Inputting Data Using Forms, is it possible to have an lookup input field with the search icon giving ability to choose one from the list of existing records instead of creating a new one. e.g. <apex:inputField value="{! Contact.Account.Name}"/> renders the label and blank space for Account field for this Contact.

thanks

Hi Techies,

I'm trying to deploy my code into the other org and i'm gerring this errror. Any thought ?

Below is the scenario,

1) Extract the code from myOrg1.

2) Try to deploy myOrg1 code into the myOrg2

Note: Org2 have Managed package installed and Managed package have same code that i'm trying to deploy.

User-added image

Your thought would be much appreciated ...

Best,

Sagar

I have created one PICKLIST FIELD through which i  enter some values like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,6. I have created one more filed like NUMBER FIELD.I need that picklist values dynamically populated into NUMBERFIELD by using    WORKFLOW RULES.

Thaks&Regrads
                                                         RangaReddy
How can I copy a date field from Event to opportunity.

Ex: OppABC has a Event with Start & End Date. Event has been created using SF default New Event option

I wanted to copy Start Date of the event if Subject is AAA 
I'm getting a syntax error when using this in a validation rule,   any ideas ?      NOT( REGEX(Phone,"[0-9\(\)\s\-\+]"))
Hey Folks, I'm investigating a route mapping tool to best plan driving route - when users visit a location, it will plot out accounts along the way so that they have options to reach out etc. Doing my own searching on tthe AppEchange butwould welcome suggestions on good apps for that and feedback on how they worked, or did not meet expections etc.
Is it possible to switch between different components in a ligttning application?  Not necessarily dynamically creating a nested component, but navigating to a component that already exists.  NavigateToComponent has no documentation and no longer works in the Spring '15 version.  

Also is it possible to switch between different lightning apps with navigatetoURL?
Can we call future method from finish method of Batch Apex?

Hi I am trying to pull all the metadata information for an object(user selected object) where I want to see what all fields ,validation tules,workflows,record types,Triggers(associated to an object),Apex classes(where the object is referenced).
I tried to search for an AppExchange Apps for this but all the apps seems to be pulling only fields,paga layouts and not more than that.I dont wnat to use eclipse for this.Do we have any tool as such in AppExchange? or is there anyway i can do it?

Can anyone help me with on this.

Hi,

I have been facing the error 'ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED' when I click on the button 'Connect to Developer Edition' for completing the challenge duting the trails.
User-added image
Hello,

I have a Custom Button on a Page, which has
behaviour:Execute JavaScript
Content Source: Onclick JavaScript

Everything works perfect.

After button is clicked, I want to show a success message to user. Saying "Sucess".
It can be a popup or a hml text on page.

Please kindly send me th result

Thanks&Regards
Rangareddy
Hi Guys.

New to apex (slowly learning). We have outsourced a project to a salesforce partner to create a Referral program through a XML and Case setup. The XML has been handed off to our referral partner and am finding it tricky to get my hands on it for any editing. The xml doesnt trigger any case assignment rules.

Is it possible to have a piece of apex code which will trigger assignment rules in every instance of a case being created?

I have had a look online and found some code to add to the xml which unfortunatly i cannot get my hands on.

Any help would be greatly apreciated.
instead of trying to connect to MS Exchange server, does Salesforce offer integration capability to gmail server ?

I am trying to create a force.com site that allows not registered users to create a custom object record.
Is there any way to make users login with a previously created guest account (by an internal user)?
Hello guys,
Hope you all're doing well. I'm just trying to find out a good tutorial to create a case feed basedpage layout, i've really searched everywhere , i just kinda find some demos on which i'm not really interested. So i'm looking for a tutorial on how to config a case feed based page layout and also, if you have a tutorial on the new funciton for mobile service cloud SOS it would be really welcome =) .
Best regards
Hi All,

I have a business scenerio which I want to implement in salesforce.
Assume that I want to develop an android app for an e-commerce business where there are some products to be sold through mobile app like it is done in flipkart, amazon etc. So consumer will download the app on his mobile device from app store or play store. He selects some products and places an order.
Now I want to implement the back end sales process in salesforce, i.e. all sales order handling, delivery etc. Sales person will see orders by logging in salesforce and fulfill it.
So the issue is How the order will be created from android app in salesforce as mobile app user (i.e. consumer) can be anyone and I can't give salesforce user to everyone who uses mobile app?

Please suggest a solution.
Thanks,
Ram
HI,
I have to implement a serach funactionality IN VF page, that looks like as follows

User-added image

Pls let me know, how to implement this, Any sample code would be great help..
Thanks In Advance
Reshmi

Hello!
I would like to include Edit Layout in my Lightning app. So I tried to use component <force:recordEdit>.  My code in full.cmp is:

<div class="slds-form-element">
        <force:recordEdit aura:id="edit" recordId="{!v.taskId}"/>
        <ui:button label="Save" press="{!c.save}"/>
</div>

But in this case I have got a bad view of this layout.  How can I improve the look of the Edit layout? May be can I set a style for this layout so that it looks beautiful?

Any help is appreciated!
What is sharing Setting?
What is flow,Approval setting in salesforce
how to show pop up error message(the picklist value  is already selected) when the same value is  selected in picklist field in page block table
Hi Everyone,
how to navigate from component to another component in lightning app?
Pleae provide me code structure, it will be great help for me.

Thanks in Advance

Thanks & Regards
global class Inactiveuser implements Database.Batchable<sObject>
{
    global Database.QueryLocator start(Database.BatchableContext BC)
    {
        String query = 'SELECT Id,Name,Isactive From User WHERE Isactive=TRUE';
        return Database.getQueryLocator(query);

}

global void execute(Database.BatchableContext BC, List<user> scope)
    {
        for(user a : scope)
         {
           if(a.LastLoginDate> )

{

} 

}
         update scope;
    }   
    global void finish(Database.BatchableContext BC)
    {
    }
}
Upto how many records he can give approval/rejection at time in approval process
  • October 18, 2015
Hi All

I navigated as below, but could not find "Edit Assignments" option.

1. In the Setup area, click Manage Users > Users.
2. Click Manager, Sales to go to this user's detail page.
3. click Permission Set Assignments link at top

Would you please provide pointer how can I assign permision set to user?

User-added image

Thanks
Priyadarshi
Hi, I'm working in the Napili Template '16 in the Community Builder and when we use lightning components these errors come up. Anyone have any advice? Thanks, 

User-added image
Hi all,

Can we remove the sidebar and header from a standard salesforce page using a visualforce page?
I mean Can we add any css or javascript function to achieve this? If this is possible, please provide me a solution. It's urgent.
Thanks in advance.
Hello,

I enabled the option email to salesforce so it's active and i disabled 'Advenced Email Security settings'. Then under my settings -> my email to salesforce I enabled the option 'Always save email attachements'. Now when I try to send the email from outlook or gmail it's assigned corectly to the contact but not attachements. Are there any other settings that could interfear with this or should I contact support?
Hello,

How to read a HTTPResponse (XML responce). and convert it in to a map.

Hi Guys,
I want to display header image in all pages in PDF.
I have tried like this. If i call apex:image it came in every page with this styles. In order to call apex:image often i put image in static resource but its not working. Here without mentioned div class in page, styles are working. Please help me out this.
Thanks in Advance.

Static Resource:

<style type="text/css" media="print">
div.header {
position: running(header);
}
@page {
margin-top: -0.2in;
margin-left:-0.1in;
margin-right:-0.1in;
@top-center {
content: element(header);
background-image: url('{!$Resource.Con_Header}'); }
}
</style>

VF Page:

<apex:page>
<apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.Cont_PDF_Styles)}"/>
<apex:image value="{!$Resource.Con_Header}" />
</apex:page>

Hi,

Iam using <apex:pageblocksection title="Info"> in render as pdf page.But this styling is not working when renderas pdf attribute is used.
Normally pageblocksection styling which it displays in box is not getting displayed in pdf.Can someone help me with CSS style and html

Thanks & Regards,
Sindhu Ambarkar.
I am wanting to create a hybrid app using cordova for patients, giving them the ability to update their individual medical record that is on SalesForce. How would I go about securing the patient login? I don't want to necessarily use OAuth, as the patients do not have a SalesForce login. They would need some sort of individual token associated with their profile. Thanks in advance for your help!
The apps in Salesforce can be Standard or Console or Custom or Connected apps. The apps downloaded and installed from Salesforce appexchange will fall under which category?
I was trying to integreate Twitter with TwitterForce mentioned at below page:- 
- https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Getting_Started_with_TwitterForce

However, in the Configuring Security, at this stage I need to enter a remote site setting URL in Salesforce setting. This URL doesn't work now. Also checked the URL directly pasting on new tab, but the page do not exist now. 

Any work around to make this possible? I believe there must be some new API URL that needs to imported, which must be a new URL for site settings.

Need help to make this work, thank you. 
I'm trying to rendering a VF page as an excel file and css classes are not being applied when you have something referencing multiple css classes.

Example:

<apex:page
        showHeader="false"
        sidebar="false"
        standardStylesheets="false"
        applyBodyTag="false"
        applyHtmlTag="false"
        contentType="application/vnd.ms-excel#test.xls"
    >
    <html>
    <head>
    <style>
        .oneStyle {
            background-color: #f00;
        }  

.anotherStyle {
            color: #0f0;
        }
    </style>
    </head>
    <body>
    <table>
    <tr>
        <td class="oneStyle">Works</td>
        <td class="anotherStyle">Works</td>
        <td class="oneStyle anotherStyle">Doesn't work at all, no styles</td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </body>
    </html>

</apex:page>

I can get around this by by doing inline styling or doing something weird like creating lots of combo styles (ex. oneStyle-anotherStyle) but that's all pretty ridiculous.

Has anyone run into this before?  Known issue?  I don't expect the Excel rendering engine in Salesforce to be super robust, but this seems like pretty basic CSS support.

Using Summer '15, API v34
  • July 24, 2015
Hi,

I have a question with a console.
When we copy and paste an url in Console app, the entire page will be switched to standard org header and side.
However, I want the console to remain still and instead a tab will be opened with the url.
I tried isdtp but it doesn't seem to work out.. :'(

Anyone please help!
Is it possible to switch between different components in a ligttning application?  Not necessarily dynamically creating a nested component, but navigating to a component that already exists.  NavigateToComponent has no documentation and no longer works in the Spring '15 version.  

Also is it possible to switch between different lightning apps with navigatetoURL?
Hi everyone

We took out a contract with Pardot at the beginning of this year, in the belief that it would complement our existing Salesforce CRM fairly quickly, automating our marketing and sales activities substantially to build sales, client data, etc

Unfortunately the Pardot set up period has taken way longer than their initial 8 week prediction.  5/6 months in, Pardot is still proving more time consuming to run on a daily basis than we were led to believe, with support for data imports and other automation issues sometimes taking up to 2 weeks to resolve issues (which might be resolved within an hour by phone).  We have been advised that phone support is not part of our “Basic” Pardot package, but we have now reached the stage where I cannot afford to invest any further substantial time on Pardot set up.

The whole process is very frustrating for me as a Marketing Manager and for our directors as I am still spending approximately 50% of my working week on Pardot, with very little return on our investment in this project.

Can anyone identify with these issues?

Do you have any suggestions to how we can speed up results and enable me to move my focus back to the core marketing activities I was employed for. We need to get to a stage soon where Pardot is not just earning its keep, but improving our business in the way we were promised.

Many thanks

Christine Wall
Hi,

I am trying to complete the topic Creating a data model under the module 'Build a Conference Management App' in Trailhead. However, even after doing everything right with the speaker object. The challenge still throws an error. Did anyone else complete the challenge. 

Thank you,
Satyanarayana

HI,
Please help to generate reports which contains only leadstatus change information..................

no other changes than leadstatus should get reflected in the report