• NBCUniversal

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello World!

Reservation is an object that stores demographic information, which has 2 master-details to Features and Hotels, which contain items for each reservation. When a reservation is updated (from dataloader, usually 2k+ a time), I want the Features and Hotels children to be deleted, since new records will be uploaded after reservations. The following trigger is what I have, but I have a feeling it's not "bulkified" because I'm getting errors that IDs are already in the process when upserting via dataloader. Can someone help me "bulkify" this or let me know where I went wrong? Thanks!

(PS - Reservation_Number__c is the lookup to Reservation on each object). 

trigger ReservationsRemoveChildren on Reservation__c (after update) {

List<Reservation__c> reservations = new List<Reservation__c>{};

Set<Id> ids = new Set<Id>();
    for(Reservation__c r : Trigger.new) {
    delete [SELECT Id from Feature__c where Reservation_Number__c IN :ids];
    delete [SELECT Id from Hotel__c where Reservation_Number__c in :ids];        
	}
}

Hey all - Question about the best way of going about a project. While this could be, and will be used anywhere, I'll explain it using contracts.

So, a contract record is created with information, sent to our legal team, and returned with a contract to execute (in attachments). Through non-technology methods, the contract is sent to the client, returned for counter-sign by our execs, then uploaded (in attachments) and changed to executed. 

Since there are 2 set attachments that have to be uploaded, I wanted to be able to send the recordID for the specific attachment to a field. So one field would be "Original Contract", which would include the recordID for the respected attachment, and "Executed Contract", which would be the recordID for that.

Obviously the end user wouldn't be putting these IDs in, as I would want it to be automatic. I'm thinking I'd need to do this via VF and Apex, and was wondering if anyone could provide some recommendations and ideas - as well as pointing me in the right direction as far as resources/blogs/documentation. I'm new to the apex/VF arena. 

Thank you!
Hey all,
Does anyone have any history or knowledge of files with a .tm extention? We receive these files with data from an organization, basically includes an association's account listing that I want to import/upsert into SF. I just can't seem to figure out how to open these files, or import them into excel. 

Any help would be appreciated... I have scoured the internet trying to find infomation on .tm file extentions, but continue to come up empty handed, and it's getting annoying.

Thanks!

Justin
Hi all, looking for some guidence. 
I have a campaign with a related list linking to a custom object, event attendees. In the campaign page, on the related list, I want users to be able to click the button, to mass email everyone a email template (for acceptance, information, etc). I've been searching around and haven't been able to find solutions. I know I can go the direction of flows and "Autolaunched Flows" but I would love for users to have the ability to edit the message before sending, basically the same features as if I were to send the email from the contact. 

Thank you, in advance, for any guidence you can provide!
Hey all, looking for some guidence.

I just recently started using Campaign Members to track training attendees because I wanted to keep it native. While Campaign Members object has some pros, it lacks many features, even basic features. For example, I can't send someone an email, track it, or set up tasks from the object record, like I can any other objects. 

Are there any apps out there or other ideas on how to managage event (campaign) attendees, other than just creating a new custom object?

Thank you, in advance! 
Hello Group!

Our site analytics group uses Adobe Marketing Cloud and they want to add tracking to a SalesForce site we currently have. For the life of me, I can't figure it out. They sent me the txt code and the link to the JavaScript file. Has anyone integrated this before and could provide some direction or help?  I've been searching everywhere and I've had little luck coming up with information. Maybe it's just too easy and I'm missing something? 

Thank you, in advance! 

I have a flow imbedded in a VF page via apex:interview. I've been able to customize most of it but I can't seem to make the text fields, drop downs etc larger. End goal is to make it iPad compatible. Does anyone have any insight? I've tried many different css lines and none have worked.

Thank you, in advanced!
Hello World!

Reservation is an object that stores demographic information, which has 2 master-details to Features and Hotels, which contain items for each reservation. When a reservation is updated (from dataloader, usually 2k+ a time), I want the Features and Hotels children to be deleted, since new records will be uploaded after reservations. The following trigger is what I have, but I have a feeling it's not "bulkified" because I'm getting errors that IDs are already in the process when upserting via dataloader. Can someone help me "bulkify" this or let me know where I went wrong? Thanks!

(PS - Reservation_Number__c is the lookup to Reservation on each object). 

trigger ReservationsRemoveChildren on Reservation__c (after update) {

List<Reservation__c> reservations = new List<Reservation__c>{};

Set<Id> ids = new Set<Id>();
    for(Reservation__c r : Trigger.new) {
    delete [SELECT Id from Feature__c where Reservation_Number__c IN :ids];
    delete [SELECT Id from Hotel__c where Reservation_Number__c in :ids];        
	}
}

We would like to use our Conga generated document, located in the Notes and Attachents of an Opportunity, to set up an approval workflow process.  This means we would like an email to be sent to approvers with the document attached so they they can review and respond to the email with their decision which is then pushed back into Salesforce.  As of right now, the only option that we can create is to start the approval process from the Opportunity instead of the document.

In speaking with Premier Support, we were told that a Visualforce page needed to be created in order to accomplish this.  We do not have an internal developer, so we were directed to post here.  We are under a tight time deadline and are supposed to roll this out to our teams next week.  Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Can someone contact us at 512-681-5228?
Hey all - Question about the best way of going about a project. While this could be, and will be used anywhere, I'll explain it using contracts.

So, a contract record is created with information, sent to our legal team, and returned with a contract to execute (in attachments). Through non-technology methods, the contract is sent to the client, returned for counter-sign by our execs, then uploaded (in attachments) and changed to executed. 

Since there are 2 set attachments that have to be uploaded, I wanted to be able to send the recordID for the specific attachment to a field. So one field would be "Original Contract", which would include the recordID for the respected attachment, and "Executed Contract", which would be the recordID for that.

Obviously the end user wouldn't be putting these IDs in, as I would want it to be automatic. I'm thinking I'd need to do this via VF and Apex, and was wondering if anyone could provide some recommendations and ideas - as well as pointing me in the right direction as far as resources/blogs/documentation. I'm new to the apex/VF arena. 

Thank you!
In our organization the user management in SalesForce will be conducted by another department. 
They will only be responsible for the user management.  

we already have a role called -->‘delegated system admin’ role.
-This gives a lot of rights which won’t be necessary to perform user management

so how to Create a new Role for this requirement or how to proceed with this Requirement???

Their actions with user of new Role  should do the following 
          Creating user accounts
         Deactivate/re-activate user accounts
          Modifying user accounts (settings, add/remove permission sets, add/remove managed packages)x`x
          Creating contact, and converting them into managed user accounts (these are the sales rep accounts.

can you please help me here how to do this requirement .
Hi all, looking for some guidence. 
I have a campaign with a related list linking to a custom object, event attendees. In the campaign page, on the related list, I want users to be able to click the button, to mass email everyone a email template (for acceptance, information, etc). I've been searching around and haven't been able to find solutions. I know I can go the direction of flows and "Autolaunched Flows" but I would love for users to have the ability to edit the message before sending, basically the same features as if I were to send the email from the contact. 

Thank you, in advance, for any guidence you can provide!
Hi,
unable to do either of these things. currently using my login, i want to be able to create profiles for the other 3 members of my team and then be able to assign our accounts to them depending on who is handling the account.
Anyone able to advise or direct me to where i can get this information? i am wanting to be able to do this all from my login.
Hello Group!

Our site analytics group uses Adobe Marketing Cloud and they want to add tracking to a SalesForce site we currently have. For the life of me, I can't figure it out. They sent me the txt code and the link to the JavaScript file. Has anyone integrated this before and could provide some direction or help?  I've been searching everywhere and I've had little luck coming up with information. Maybe it's just too easy and I'm missing something? 

Thank you, in advance! 

I have a flow imbedded in a VF page via apex:interview. I've been able to customize most of it but I can't seem to make the text fields, drop downs etc larger. End goal is to make it iPad compatible. Does anyone have any insight? I've tried many different css lines and none have worked.

Thank you, in advanced!