• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi everyone,
Hoping someone can help shed some light - I'm getting different record counts from the Apex DataLoader than from the Explorer SOQL tester or our API calls.
We're trying to replicate data down from a Salesforce instance using the partner API.
The application we've built logs in under the API account we've set up, then issues a Query request against the Salesforce instance. Here's the query we're sending:

SELECT Id, Subject, AccountId, OwnerId, Type, CreatedDate, RecurrenceActivityId, RecurrenceStartDateTime, RecurrenceType, Call_Result__c, Case_Safe_ID__c, Event_Status__c, Task_Sub_Type__c, Task_Type__c FROM Event

This call returns 2 records sucessfully, and the QueryResult's done property is true.
I copy the same query and run it in the Apex Explorer SOQL tool, which returns the same 2 records.
I open the Apex DataLoader, log in with the same account, choose export, then use the same SOQL query to define the export. The DataLoader exports 8 records instead of 2.
I've checked to see whether the 6 extra records are deleted, archived, private, or in some different status than the two that are returned, but they're not. If I copy the IDs for the extra records, I can browse to them in Salesforce, so they seem to be real records. I've tried QueryAll in Explorer, but it still only returns 2 records.

1. Does anyone have any ideas on why there would be differences based on which tool I'm using? I was under the impression that everything should be the same as long as I'm using the same login credentials.
2. Does anyone have any recommendations on what changes I might need to make to the Query() call in order to get all 8 records?

Hi everyone,
Hoping someone can help shed some light - I'm getting different record counts from the Apex DataLoader than from the Explorer SOQL tester or our API calls.
We're trying to replicate data down from a Salesforce instance using the partner API.
The application we've built logs in under the API account we've set up, then issues a Query request against the Salesforce instance. Here's the query we're sending:

SELECT Id, Subject, AccountId, OwnerId, Type, CreatedDate, RecurrenceActivityId, RecurrenceStartDateTime, RecurrenceType, Call_Result__c, Case_Safe_ID__c, Event_Status__c, Task_Sub_Type__c, Task_Type__c FROM Event

This call returns 2 records sucessfully, and the QueryResult's done property is true.
I copy the same query and run it in the Apex Explorer SOQL tool, which returns the same 2 records.
I open the Apex DataLoader, log in with the same account, choose export, then use the same SOQL query to define the export. The DataLoader exports 8 records instead of 2.
I've checked to see whether the 6 extra records are deleted, archived, private, or in some different status than the two that are returned, but they're not. If I copy the IDs for the extra records, I can browse to them in Salesforce, so they seem to be real records. I've tried QueryAll in Explorer, but it still only returns 2 records.

1. Does anyone have any ideas on why there would be differences based on which tool I'm using? I was under the impression that everything should be the same as long as I'm using the same login credentials.
2. Does anyone have any recommendations on what changes I might need to make to the Query() call in order to get all 8 records?