• Business Analyst/Salesforce Administrator
  • ExecutivesinAction

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Guys, is anyone having this problem?  Let alone completing the challenge, I am not even able to follow 'Building an App Home Lightning Page' Unit instructions - Step 5.

I got the Account from the left column to the right (with great difficulty - kept on clicking few times and it suddenly appeared in the right column).  But, I am not able to get any other objects in the right column (like e.g., Contacts (as highlighted) to the right column even though I clicked on the right arrow many times :( )
  1. From Setup in Lightning Experience, enter Navigation in the Quick Find box, then select Navigation Menus.
  2. Click New.
  3. Give your navigation menu a name and a description.
  4. Click Next.
  5. Select which items you want in your menu.
  6. Click Next.
  7. Assign the custom menu to the System Administrator profile.
  8. Click Save & Finish.
  9. Reload the page to see the updated navigation menu.

Building an App Home Lightning Page Unit

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Munira
I add Phone_UUID on the User Object and made it ExternalID and Unique

User-added image

The below image shows that an Indirect Relationship with the User has been established.

Indirect Relationship with User

Then, why am I getting an error that says
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Phone__x' external object is not correctly setup with an indirect relationship to the User standard object.

Can someone please help me rectify the error?

Thanks a bunch

Regards,
Munira
Can folks who have completed Salesforce Connect Trailhead help?

I am getting the following error:
An external object with the API name Phone_Plan__x does not exist

The instruction on the Challenge says
Note that you will need to adjust the Object Names for the two external objects from the default setting after the initial sync.

So, I go to the External Object and changed the API to Phone_Plan__x

This gives me a validation error
Error: The Object Name field can only contain underscores and alphanumeric characters. It must be unique, begin with a letter, not include spaces, not end with an underscore, and not contain two consecutive underscores. 

It says the Object Name field should not contain two consecutive underscores.  But, the API name does contain two consecutive underscores at the end.

Can someone please help?

Thanks,
Munira

One thing on this topic is not clear to me.

The developer document on the Trigger and Order to Execution states:
Before Salesforce executes these events on the server, the browser runs JavaScript validation if the record contains any dependent picklist fields. The validation limits each dependent picklist field to its available values. No other validation occurs on the client side.
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.apexcode.meta/apexcode/apex_triggers_order_of_execution.htm

I got it that the First action is performed on Client side - Browser runs Javascript validation and checks whether record contains any dependent picklist.  Fine.

BUT....

Why does the system check whether record contains any dependent picklist?
What does the system do if there is a dependent picklist?
What does the system do if there is NO dependent picklist?

In the same context, what does the following sentence even mean?
The validation limits each dependent picklist field to its available values.
huh????

Any help in clarifying the aforementioned conept will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Regards,
Munira
Hello all:
I am trying to learn Visualforce using excercise in Developer Documentation
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.202.0.workbook_vf.meta/workbook_vf/creating_and_listing_2.htm

I checked Devlopment Mode in my Advanced User Setup and was able to get a Congratulation message after typing /apex/hello at the end of my salesforce instance url.
https://munira-dev-ed--c.na16.visual.force.com/apex/home

However, I do not see the area where I can write apex code (the bottom section).  How can I get that?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Munira
The module says....
Replace the text in the URI text box with the following text: /services/data/vXX.0/query/?q=SELECT+Name+From+Account+WHERE+ShippingCity='San+Francisco', where XX maps to the API version you’re using.

I am on the GET Radio Button

I replaced the text with  /services/data/vXX.0/query/?
But, where do I start writing    q=SELECT......
I am working on my ADM201 (appear for certification in December 2015).  I would be interested in Salesforce Projects to hone my skills. If interested, please let me know.
I was cruising along so well on the Recruiting App.  Then came  Securing and Sharing Data (Chapter 7).  Exercise in that App requires creating many Users - CEO, VP Human Resources, VP Development etc.,  With just 2 licenses with Developer Edition, how does one every complete the App building?  Has anyone built the Recruiting App on the Developer Edition?
Hello:

Has anyone completed Trailhead's Service Cloud Basics Module yet?

I need help in figuring out the following step in the challenge:

The escalation rule should escalate cases not closed after 30 minutes, based on when the case is created, and should use business hours specified on the case.

I am unable to figure out what Rule Criteria I should use (how should I set it up) so that escalate rule will fire if a case is not closed after 30 minutes.

Thanks,
Munira

Would like to learn how to generate escalation rule that triggers 30 minutes after the case is opened.  Need some guidance.  Is there a walk through or a sample example that I can look at and then learn?  

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,
Munira
Was practicing steps on 'Visualizing Your Data Module'.  Once confident, I clicked on 'Login to Developer Org'.  However, since I was practicing on it, 'Cases by Status' named Report has been created.  Now I can not complete the challenge :( Pl. help :(

Note that you will need to adjust the Object Names for the two external objects from the default setting after the initial sync.

Error: The Object Name field can only contain underscores and alphanumeric characters. It must be unique, begin with a letter, not include spaces, not end with an underscore, and not contain two consecutive underscores. 

It says the Object Name field should not contain two consecutive underscores.  But, the API name does contain two consecutive underscores at the end.

Can someone please help?

Thanks,
Munira

Would like to learn how to generate escalation rule that triggers 30 minutes after the case is opened.  Need some guidance.  Is there a walk through or a sample example that I can look at and then learn?  

Regards,
Munira
Hi!,

I am having trouble validating this challenge. I believe I have taken all the steps required, but I am still getting an error, and it is not a descriptive one for this case.
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:  There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.QueryException: List has no rows for assignment to SObject

Anyone had this issue? Any clues on how to solve it? I do have created a Case under the Account for Edna Frank's Contact.

Thanks!,
Nahuel.
  • September 27, 2016

Can someone please help?

Thanks,
Munira

One thing on this topic is not clear to me.

The developer document on the Trigger and Order to Execution states:
Before Salesforce executes these events on the server, the browser runs JavaScript validation if the record contains any dependent picklist fields. The validation limits each dependent picklist field to its available values. No other validation occurs on the client side.
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.apexcode.meta/apexcode/apex_triggers_order_of_execution.htm

I got it that the First action is performed on Client side - Browser runs Javascript validation and checks whether record contains any dependent picklist.  Fine.

BUT....

Why does the system check whether record contains any dependent picklist?
What does the system do if there is a dependent picklist?
What does the system do if there is NO dependent picklist?

In the same context, what does the following sentence even mean?
The validation limits each dependent picklist field to its available values.
huh????

Any help in clarifying the aforementioned conept will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Regards,
Munira
Hello all:
I am trying to learn Visualforce using excercise in Developer Documentation
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.202.0.workbook_vf.meta/workbook_vf/creating_and_listing_2.htm

I checked Devlopment Mode in my Advanced User Setup and was able to get a Congratulation message after typing /apex/hello at the end of my salesforce instance url.
https://munira-dev-ed--c.na16.visual.force.com/apex/home

However, I do not see the area where I can write apex code (the bottom section).  How can I get that?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Munira
The module says....
Replace the text in the URI text box with the following text: /services/data/vXX.0/query/?q=SELECT+Name+From+Account+WHERE+ShippingCity='San+Francisco', where XX maps to the API version you’re using.

I am on the GET Radio Button

I replaced the text with  /services/data/vXX.0/query/?
But, where do I start writing    q=SELECT......
Hi,

I am confused while it comes to order of execution of 'before triggers' and 'validation rules' while saving a record in salesforce. Salesforce document says-1)System Validation 2)Before Triggers 3)Custom Validation. I had this question in my developer exam and 2 options were confusing.
A)Before Triggers  B) Validation Rules,
Options were-1)AB 2)BA 
Which one of above is correct?

Part of the questions asks for the following:

"Change the 'UUID' field on the 'Phone__x' external object to be an indirect lookup relationship to the 'User' standard object. Use the 'Phone_UUID__c' field as the matching key for this indirect lookup relationship."

Every time I create this Indirect Relationship, it just allows me to select the "Accounts" Object, not the User object. Why is this happening? Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks!
  • April 06, 2016

To complete the ISV modules, are you required to have an ISV account? 

Or how do you get a dev org with environment hub?

I keep getting this error message - Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
The 'Phone__x' external object is not correctly setup with an indirect relationship to the User standard object.
I have the UUID setup with the following:
 Custom Field Definition Detail
Field Information
Field LabelUUIDObject NamePhone
Field NameUUIDData TypeIndirect Lookup
API NameUUID__c  
DescriptionUUID
Help Text
External Column NameUUID  
Created ByShad Oliver, 2/17/2016 9:14 PMModified ByShad Oliver, 2/17/2016 10:49 PM
Indirect Lookup Options
Length128Child Relationship NamePhones
Related ToUserTarget FieldPhone UUID
Related List LabelPhones

Regards,
Munira
In the session last night, there was a live demo of customizing the hoem page components.  But in TrailHead there's this disclaimer...  "You can’t customize the layout of the Home page, add custom components, or move related lists.", with no follow up about when it will be available like I've seen for other disclaimers.

So what's the real story with customizing the home page?
Hi All,

what is the deference between salesforce platform license and force.com-free license ?

When i login using different user i sees salesforce platform license allow me to interect with Accounts & Contacts. but force.com don't allow me to do this.

I have hard that salesforce is company which provides force.com platoform. Does salesforce provides salesforce platform also ?

When i create a new user in the org , it ask me to choose license... It has some options like :
Salesforce
Salesforce platform
Force.com - free
Force.com app subscibtion

If ablove list is user license than what is following ?
CONTACT MANAGER
GROUP
PROFESSIONAL
ENTERPRISE
PERFORMANCE

Please explain
Thanks

error message goes on, "An account owner must be associated with a role to enable portal users or transfer portal users to his or her account."

I'm lost. I'm trying to setup website authenticated user access to a force.com site.  I am the only Enterprise user, all other users are guests or website authenticated.  I assume that I am the account owner, but I can't find the field that I need to change to make this work. I know someone will probably need more info than this to help, but don't know what else to provide. 

Please ask away!

thank you