• 10 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am new to Apex and need help with creating an Apex trigger to update an unrelated record in another object. Our Salesforce instance is being used for both Sales teams tracking in addition to tracking customer's utilization of our services. When a customer signs up for our service, we create an account (with the account type of customer), contact and insert data into several other custom objects. When the account is created, I need to grab the account name (an email address) and then search contacts (other than the one related to the newly created account) and update a checkbox to true 
Any help I can get will be greatly apprecated.

Dan
I am new to Apex and need help with creating an Apex trigger to update an unrelated record in another object. Our Salesforce instance is being used for both Sales teams tracking in addition to tracking customer's utilization of our services. When a customer signs up for our service, we create an account (with the account type of customer), contact and insert data into several other custom objects. When the account is created, I need to grab the account name (an email address) and then search contacts (other than the one related to the newly created account) and update a checkbox to true 
Any help I can get will be greatly apprecated.

Dan