• 14 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi, I am using Standard Lead layout and i have a requirement to call a Sync service and based on response of that service, allow or Stop the Lead to Save . The Problem is, i cannot call the sync service from Before insert trigger. What are my options ? if I create a lightning component and override Standard Save button, can i just add my additional logic and reuse rest of the standard save functionality ?  Or shall i user a lightning component to Call the Sync service but then how do i stop the Save if required based on the response of the service.

Please help urgently.

Thanks
I  need to parse a value 'TotalMatchScore' from  the small XML sectionof the below JSON code:

{
  "Header": {
    "Source": "SFDC",
    "UniqueId": "XXXXXX",
    "Target": "ServiceName",
    "DateTime": "2018-10-26 11:33:13"
  },
  "Detail": {
    "ApplicationID": "xxx",
    "BureauStatus": "Success",
    "BureauError": {
      "ErrorCode": null,
      "ErrorMessage": null
    },
    "BureauResponse": [
      {
        "ApplicantID": null,
        "ProcessedRequest": [
          {
            "@nil": "",
            "BureauId": 11,
            "BureauProduct": {
              "@nil": "true",
              "BureauId": null,
              "CategoryAlias": null,
              "IsALL": null,
              "IsActive": null,
              "IsEnquiryCreated": null,
              "LOSId": null,
              "Priority": null,
              "ProductCode": {
                "@nil": ""
              },
              "ProductId": null,
              "ProductName": {
              },
              "RefNo": null,
              "RuleIdList": {
              }
            },
            "ConsumerName": {
              "@nil": "true"
            },
            "Error": {
            },
            "ErrorCode": {
            },
            "ErrorDetail": {
            },
            "ExistingRefNo": 0,
            "LOSApplicationNo": {
              "$": "XXXXXX"
            },
            "ProcessingTime": {
              "$": "00:00:01.9591036"
            },
            "ReferenceNumber": 94717,
            "ResponseType": "Normal",
            "ResponseXML": {
              "$": "<ResultBlock><MatchSummary matches=\"0\"><TotalMatchScore /></MatchSummary><ErrorWarnings><Errors errorCount=\"0\" /><Warnings warningCount=\"1\"><Warning><Number>102009</Number><Message>Match schemes not used</Message><Values><Value>317</Value><Value>318</Value><Value>676</Value><Value>64</Value><Value>138</Value><Value>141</Value><Value>142</Value><Value>145</Value></Values></Warning></Warnings></ErrorWarnings></ResultBlock>"
            },
            "Status": {
              "$": "Finished"
            },
            "TimeOutStatus": {
              "$": "NoHit"
            },
            "XMLFileName": {
            }
          }
        ]
      }
    ],
    "BreStatus": "Error",
    "BreError": {
      "ErrorCode": "TW-001",
      "ErrorMessage": "Evaluation error \nExpression produces unexpected value: Invalid index: 0.\nInvalid index: 0 while evaluating function fn_Definitions "
    },
    "BREResponse": [
      {
        "response": {
          "systemDecision": null,
          "systemDecisionDateTime": null,
          "strategyUsed": null,
          "finalApprovalLevel": null,
          "policyRulesDecision": null,
          "scoreDecision": null
        },
        "Invocation": {
          "version": null,
          "applicationNumber": null,
          "transactionId": null,
          "applicationDate": null,
          "decisionPoint": null,
          "decisionService": null,
          "responseStatus": null,
          "error": {
            "stackTrace": null,
            "source": null,
            "dateTime": null,
            "errorCode": null,
            "description": null
          }
        }
      }
    ]
  },
  "STATUS": "SUCCESS"
}

Please help !
Regards,
Gaurav

<apex.page standardController=”Account” extensions =”myExtension”>

myExtension has a public Save Method. Which save method will be used by the VFP ? Std Controller or Extension.. ?

WHat i remember is, is such scenarios, the control moves from left to right and thus VFP will find the Save() method in Standard Controller first and use that. 

Am i wrong here ? If yes, Kindly explain why ?

Thanks
Gaurav
can a developer change the API name of a field that is referenced in an Apex Test Class, from schema builder ?  Will The API name be changed, and a warning issued to update the class or The API name will not change ?
My scenario is (I need to Add a text 'Opportunity' to end of the Opportunity Name where Opportunity Name is equal to Account Name).  I am using following code,  but getting error on line 5 that "can compare a String to Account " .. The Field Name for Account NAme is Account and thus I am comparing that ..

LIST<opportunity> OppList = New LIST<opportunity>();
for(Opportunity O: [select id , name from Opportunity ])
{
    if(O.Name==O.Account){
O.Name=O.Name + 'Opportunity';
OppList.Add(O);
    }  
}
Update OppList;

Please help
Hi I am currently progressing on developer trailhead and i am currently on Formulas and Validations >> Using Formula Fields. I am not able to identify what exactly i am missing here. The steps to be followed are
The formula should be on the Case object.
The formula should be of return type Number.
The formula should be named 'Days Since Last Update' and have a resulting API Name of 'Days_Since_Last_Update__c'.
The formula should return the number of days between the account’s Last Activity Date and today.

I have created a custom obj Case and Added a Formula field with the name as mentioned. Formula i have used in Today () - LastActivityDate . But when i check my activity it display error "The 'Days_Since_Last_Update__c' does not exist "..

My first confision in the steps is "The formula should return the number of days between the account’s Last Activity Date and today.". what does ACCOUNT'S Last Activity Date means here .. do i need to somehow relate Case and Accounts object first  ?

Any help/suggestions please ?

Hi I am currently progressing on developer trailhead and i am currently on Formulas and Validations >> Using Formula Fields. I am not able to identify what exactly i am missing here. The steps to be followed are
The formula should be named 'Days Since Last Update' and have a resulting API Name of 'Days_Since_Last_Update__c'.
The formula should return the number of days between the account’s Last Activity Date and today.

I have created a custom obj Case and Added a Formula field with the name as mentioned. Formula i have used in Today () - LastActivityDate . But when i check my activity it display error "The 'Days_Since_Last_Update__c' does not exist "..

My first confision in the steps is "The formula should return the number of days between the account’s Last Activity Date and today.". what does ACCOUNT'S Last Activity Date means here .. do i need to somehow relate Case and Accounts object first  ?

can a developer change the API name of a field that is referenced in an Apex Test Class, from schema builder ?  Will The API name be changed, and a warning issued to update the class or The API name will not change ?
My scenario is (I need to Add a text 'Opportunity' to end of the Opportunity Name where Opportunity Name is equal to Account Name).  I am using following code,  but getting error on line 5 that "can compare a String to Account " .. The Field Name for Account NAme is Account and thus I am comparing that ..

LIST<opportunity> OppList = New LIST<opportunity>();
for(Opportunity O: [select id , name from Opportunity ])
{
    if(O.Name==O.Account){
O.Name=O.Name + 'Opportunity';
OppList.Add(O);
    }  
}
Update OppList;

Please help
Can anyone help  me with this question?

What is the capability of the service cloud (customer) portal? (2 answers)

Customer can log, view, edit, and close their own cases.
Customers can view and edit contacts related to their own accounts.
The portal and its users can be created without additional licenses.
The portal can be customized with corporate branding.

Is there a metric of progress within TrailHead that equates to SalesForce Developer Certification?

While on the subject: Is there a total amount of applicable points?

This challenge seems simple enough but I'm stuck and any help would be appreciated. 

So the Challenge is Create a validation rule to check that a contact is in the zip code of its account. here is the question below:
To complete this challenge, add a validation rule which will block the insertion of a contact if the contact is related to an account and has a mailing postal code (which has the API Name MailingPostalCode) different from the account's shipping postal code (which has the API Name ShippingPostalCode).Name the validation rule 'Contact must be in Account ZIP Code'.
A contact with a MailingPostalCode that has an account and does not match the associated Account ShippingPostalCode should return with a validation error and not be inserted.
The validation rule should ONLY apply to contact records with an associated account. Contact records with no associated parent account (hint: you can use the ISBLANK function for this check) can be added with any MailingPostalCode value

Here is my  work.. Any help would be appreciated.. thanks, 

Rule Name Contact_must_be_in_Account_ZIP_Code Active [Checked]
Error Condition Formula AND( BillingPostalCode = ShippingPostalCode )
Error Message Billing zipcode does not match the Shipping Zipcode Error Location Billing Zip/Postal Code

Hi,

I am not sure my Subject is correctly write or not.But I faced issue on something like this,

Example I have one object named Employee with contains attribute such  InternalID ,ExternalID, name , age

I need to retrieve the data where InternalId = ExternalID something like below

select Name, Age__c  from Employee__c where InternalID__c = ExternalID__c 

I knew in Oracle we can do something like this, but I m not sure in SFDC can we do that?Usually if there requirement to do that, what is the best way to do it?

When someone takes the time/effort to repspond to your question, you should take the time/effort to either mark the question as "Solved", or post a Follow-Up with addtional information.  

That way people with a similar question can find the Solution without having to re-post the same question again and again. And the people who reply to your post know that the issue has been resolved and they can stop working on it.