• 5 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We have a custom object "Recognition" related to Contacts. This helps us track our employees and if they were recognized for performance each month. If I am recognized during June 2017, I will get a Recognition record created with custom field Date Issued = 6/30/17 (We always list it as the last day of the month for that month) and Recognition checkbox = True. I need to create a field on the Contact object that evaluates for only those who have a recognition during the prior month, how many consecutive months prior they have been recognized. Example:

Jane Smith has recognition for:
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017

John Smith has recognition for:
- June 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017

Bob Smith has recognition for:
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017

This field would then evaluate to the following:
Jane Smith - 5 (Last 5 Months but not the 6th prior month)
John Smith - 1 (Last Month but not two months ago)
Bob Smith - 0 (Not Last Month)

I think this can be done through apex but I'm not a true developer so I wouldn't be able to write it myself. I would need it to basically look through all the recognitions and find the most recent month they didn't have one where recognition (checkbox) = true and count the number that have occurred since then.

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.

Doug
I am trying to create a custom button on Opportunities. I have named he Button "Email Deal Summary". When clicked, I would like the button to update the checkbox field "Email_Deal_Summary_c" to be True. I have used the following javascipt:

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/29.0/connection.js")} 
var opportunity = new sforce.SObject("Opportunity"); 
opportunity.id = "{!Opportunity.Id}"; 
oppportunity.Email_Deal_Summary__c = "True"; 
sforce.connection.update([opportunity]); 
window.location.reload();

Each time I click the button then, I am receiving the error "opportunity is not defined". I am fairly new to creating buttons using javascript. What am I doing wrong?
We have a custom object "Recognition" related to Contacts. This helps us track our employees and if they were recognized for performance each month. If I am recognized during June 2017, I will get a Recognition record created with custom field Date Issued = 6/30/17 (We always list it as the last day of the month for that month) and Recognition checkbox = True. I need to create a field on the Contact object that evaluates for only those who have a recognition during the prior month, how many consecutive months prior they have been recognized. Example:

- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017

- June 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017

- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017

I think this can be done through apex but I'm not a true developer so I wouldn't be able to write it myself. I would need it to basically look through all the recognitions and find the most recent month they didn't have one where recognition (checkbox) = true and count the number that have occurred since then.

Doug

- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017

- June 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017

- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017

Doug
Hi All,

I am editing an existing workflow rule that was working fine, I added 2 more conditions to it to total 8 conditions. I got ...
Error: Invalid Data.
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
... I can't figure what the problem is, unless there is a limit to the total number of conditions allowed.
Take a look ...
Workflow Error
I am trying to create a custom button on Opportunities. I have named he Button "Email Deal Summary". When clicked, I would like the button to update the checkbox field "Email_Deal_Summary_c" to be True. I have used the following javascipt:

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/29.0/connection.js")} 
var opportunity = new sforce.SObject("Opportunity"); 
opportunity.id = "{!Opportunity.Id}"; 
oppportunity.Email_Deal_Summary__c = "True"; 
sforce.connection.update([opportunity]); 
window.location.reload();

Each time I click the button then, I am receiving the error "opportunity is not defined". I am fairly new to creating buttons using javascript. What am I doing wrong?