• CSC

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all,

we have an email template built with Visualforce with "relatedToType="ObjectA__c":

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Answer to your Request for Information" recipientType="Contact" relatedToType="ObjectA__c">
ObjectA was created to store all Resquests for Informations coming to Salesforce from the university web.

On the other hand, ObjectB was created to store all links the university, our client, has.
For ObjectB these fields were created: Name of Link, URL of Link.

ObjectA and ObjectB have no relationship, means, no Master-Detail and no Lookup.

However, I would like to refer to the field URL of the Link of ObjectB in the email template this way:

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Answer to your Request for Information" recipientType="Contact" relatedToType="ObjectA__c">
<apex:outputLink value="{!IF(ObjectB__r.Name_of_Link__c = 'URL Admission Form', '{!ObjectB__r.URL_of_Link__c}', '')}" id="Admission">Admission Form</apex:outputLink>

The objective is for future manual changes in the value of the field URL of Link, to do these changes directly in the tab for ObjectB and not in the email template.

I tried using the code above, but it doesn't work.
Even refering to a formula field doesn't work.

I would appreciate your tips as I am struggling hours and hours trying to solve this :(.
Hi all,

down vote favoritewe have the object Preinscripción containing records about which Postgraduate course someone applied for and paid. It contains the Name of the Applicant, the Postgraduate Course, the Identification Number, Status of the Preinscripción and a checkbox indicating whether a record with the same values Name of Applicant, Postgraduate Course and Identification Number exists or not in another object, the object Admission.
For example, let's say I have a record with data Name Pepe Flores, Postgraduate Course Cardiovascular Medicine, ID Number 1234567 in the object Preinscripción, if these values are also contained in the same fields in the object Admission, the checkbox should automatically be checked or populated.
Is it possible to make that work? is coding needed?.
Especially if numerous (5 or more) Process Builder workflows are tied to a single object? 
Hello:

I've been searching for something I believe is simple but I have not been able to find a trigger that helps me reproduce what I want. I have an object TerritoryChange__c. In here, I have two fields, a dropdown ProductChange__c and a lookup field called SubProduct__c. When a user updates the ProductChange__c, I'd like to insert/update the SubProduct__c field with the value from ProductChange. Does anyone have a trigger example that does this?  
Hello community.

I'm trying to include PaymentConnect's payment terminal into a custom order wizard and have been following the supplied user guide.
Here's a snippet of the javascript to direct the user to the terminal:
goToPayment = function(){
	        	window.location = '/apex/pymt__PaymentTerminal?' +
	        		'csid={!quickOrder.BillToContactId}' +
	        		'&cancelURL=' + window.location +
	        		'&finishURL=' + window.location;
       		}

The issue I'm running into is that after clicking the Review Transaction button, all of the query parameters disappear. So after confirming the transaction on the next page, there is no finishURL to send the user back to the custom order wizard.

User-added image

User-added image

Has anyone else run into this issue?
Hi everybody,

I have the following scenario:

an applicant can have one or more applications, for this I am using a Person Account object and a custom object called Admisión. The object Admisión has a lookup field called Name of the Account, pointing to the Person Account or applicant, so the applicant has a related list called Admisiones.

The Admisión object has the field Stage with values Review pending, In review, Admission accepted, Admission denied. I wanted to have a Status field in the Person Account object with values "Initial contact", "Admission Inquiry", "Admission denied" and "Admission accepted", so their values change according to the stage value in the object Admisión.

The problem is: an applicant can not have a general status for all applications submitted by the applicant, as an application can have one status and the another application another status.

We would like further to build reports based on the status of the applicant, would be a good approach to add the applicant status field in the object Admisión? or wouldn't you consider even to use this field?.

I guess this can only be implemented with code.
Thinking about this: for example, if the applicant has three applications, one in stage "In review", another in stage "Denied" and the another one in stage "Accepted", the application with the "highest" level of stage should "win" and be the criterium in order to change the status of the applicant from "Admission inquiry" to "Admission accepted".

I think, this can not be done with Process Builder but programm code is needed. Does anybody know how to build a programm which makes this idea possible to implement?.
Hi everybody,

this thread could help other Salesforce Community followers if they are facing the same situation.

Our client requires a sort of dynamic questions for Student Applications via Web forms.
That means, for every academic programm there will be questions the applicant will have to answer.
For example, if the applicant chooses the academic programm "Medicine" on the web form, let's assume the following questions would appear:

1. Have you ever performed complex surgical operations? (Answer Type: Yes or No)
2. If yes, which was your most complex surgical operation? (Answer Type: Text)
3. When did you begin to perform operations? (Answer Type: Date)

That means, according to the selected academic programm, the corresponding questions will appear. And according to the type of question (if picklist, text, Yes/No, numeric, date, multiple choice) the corresponding type of Answer will appear.

I built a custom object called Question with fields Question ID, ID of the academic programm, Type (if picklist, if checkbox, if text, if date, if numeric).
I also built a custom object called Answers with fields Question ID, Application ID, Type (text, numeric, Date, boolean), Answer Text (type text), Answer Numeric (type numeric) , Answer Boolean (type boolean), Answer date (type date).

The idea in Salesforce is that when the question is numeric, the Answer field which should appear should be the Answer numeric, if the question is date type, Answer date should appear, if the question is text or checkbox type, Answer text should appear.

Question ID in the custom object Answer is a lookup to the object Question.

Is there any form to manage this through validation or Visualforce?.
 My understanding is cloning my production or sandbox environment in to temp org. is that true?
We have some VF page has hyperlink to open the salesforce standard report with parameter. recently user had issue with opening salesforce report using hyperlink. Issue is - opened irrelevant report .

On her 5th or 6th attempt (I watched the last 3) the correct report finally opened. 

Any idea?
We have custom button "Close Opportunity/Create Order" on the opportunity layout. When user click that button we will redirecting to Visualforce page to create a Order Line Item and Fulfillment record. Once the transaction is completed system will be redirecting to Order Line Item. This is working for Internal user but community user are getting wired look and feel.

User-added image

look like it redirected inside iframe. using below code to redirect.

PageReference pageRef;
pageRef = new PageReference('/'+orderGroup.Id);
pageRef.setRedirect(true);
return pageRef;
Any help?
We have custom button "Close Opportunity/Create Order" on the opportunity layout. When user click that button we will redirecting to Visualforce page to create a Order Line Item and Fulfillment record. Once the transaction is completed system will be redirecting to Order Line Item. This is working for Internal user but community user are getting wired look and feel.

User-added image

look like it redirected inside iframe. using below code to redirect.

PageReference pageRef;
pageRef = new PageReference('/'+orderGroup.Id);
pageRef.setRedirect(true);
return pageRef;
Any help?
I have created a new SF org & successfully moved all data EXCEPT notes & attachment. From the previous org, I have Attachments folder & Attachment.csv file exported.
When I am trying to upload attachment by jitterbit, it is throwing the following error.
User-added image
In the exported Attachment.csv file (from previous org), BODY column is missing which is required in INSERT/UPSERT attachment operation for the new org. I am trying to migrate all Notes & Attachments from previous org to new org. The below screenshot is for a particular record (I need related Attachments for all records).
When I am trying to export only the Attachments using Data Loader from old org, but Java heap size error & export fails. The total size of the Attachment folder is about 158MB. Both old & current org are Salesforce Production org. 
User-added image
  • January 30, 2017
Hi, I have Create REST API class by hitting rest API class using an anonymous window, I am getting response JSON result.
Currently, I am using anonymous window for sending the Input Question, Now I want to map Case object field for Sending Question.

Could anyone guide on this?
This is the class which I have Written, I want to Send data Input data using Case object to this class.
public class SendQuestion{
   public SendQuestion(){}

public void SendQuestionMethod(String inputQue,String dialogId,String accessToken ) {
        HttpResponse res=new HttpResponse();
        HttpRequest req = new HttpRequest(); 

String jsonsString = '{'+
        '    \"input\" :' +'\"'+inputQue+'\",'+
        '    \"conversation-id\" : null, '+
        '    \"dialog-id\":' +'\"'+dialogId+'\",'+
        '    \"channel\": \"web\",'+
        '    \"access-token\":'+ '\"'+accessToken+'\"'+
        '}';
        System.debug('jsonsString'+jsonsString);

req.setBody(jsonsString);
        req.setMethod('POST');
        req.setEndpoint('https://dialog-----------------');
        req.setHeader('Content-Type', 'application/json');
        req.setTimeout(120000);     

try {
        Http h = new Http();  
        res= h.send(req);
        System.debug('res::>'+res.getBody());      
        } catch(System.CalloutException e) {
            if (res.getStatus()=='OK') {
            system.debug(res.toString());
            } else {
            System.debug('ERROR: '+ e);
            system.debug(res.toString());
            }     
        }
    }
}

Thanks, Sumit
Hi all,

we have an email template built with Visualforce with "relatedToType="ObjectA__c":

ObjectA was created to store all Resquests for Informations coming to Salesforce from the university web.

On the other hand, ObjectB was created to store all links the university, our client, has.
For ObjectB these fields were created: Name of Link, URL of Link.

ObjectA and ObjectB have no relationship, means, no Master-Detail and no Lookup.

However, I would like to refer to the field URL of the Link of ObjectB in the email template this way:

<apex:outputLink value="{!IF(ObjectB__r.Name_of_Link__c = 'URL Admission Form', '{!ObjectB__r.URL_of_Link__c}', '')}" id="Admission">Admission Form</apex:outputLink>

The objective is for future manual changes in the value of the field URL of Link, to do these changes directly in the tab for ObjectB and not in the email template.

I tried using the code above, but it doesn't work.
Even refering to a formula field doesn't work.

I would appreciate your tips as I am struggling hours and hours trying to solve this :(.
Hi All, 

New to writing triggers and test classes. Can anyone help me write a test class for the trigger below?
trigger lastactassigned on task(after insert) {
  map<id,contact> contacts = new map<id,contact>();
  map<id,account> accounts = new map<id,account>();
  for(task record:trigger.new) {
    if(record.ownerid.getsobjecttype()==user.sobjecttype) {
      if(record.whoid!=null&&record.whoid.getsobjecttype()==contact.sobjecttype) {
        contacts.put(record.whoid,new contact(id=record.whoid,LastActivityAssignedTo__c=record.ownerid));
      }
      if(record.accountid!=null) {
        accounts.put(record.accountid,new account(id=record.accountid,LastActivityAssignedTo__c=record.ownerid));
      }
    }
  }
  update contacts.values();
  update accounts.values();
}

Thank you!
Hi,
I want to create multiple child records while creating a parent record using an afetr insert , after update trigger but I have few questions. So lets say parent object is A and B is child object. There are like 36*3 fields on A. out of them 36 fields are Yes/No picklist fields and 36 fields are multiselect picklists. What I want to do is when user selects No in any or all of the fields, it should create those many numberr of child records B. Also when user selects No as value then they need to select some values from multiselect picklists too, Based on that the child object B has fields which should be populated with values in the parent object.
     Please provide me with some ideas on how I can proceed?

Thank you

Hi everyone,

I have written the code for contact,and i have the scenario like for the account if the first child is inserted the amount field of contact should be automatically populated to the parent amount field of account and if the next contact is inserted the check box of the account field should be checked and amount is less with the previous contact it should check the check box of lesser amout.

I am getting the error like

Error: Invalid Data. 
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Apex trigger UpdateAmount caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: UpdateAmount: execution of AfterInsert caused by: System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object: Trigger.UpdateAmount: line 18, column 1

Please fix the issues and if any modifications required.Please help me.

trigger UpdateAmount on Contact (after insert, after update) {
  Map<ID, Account> parentAccs = new Map<ID, Account>(); 
  List<Id> listIds = new List<Id>();
  List<Account> updatedparentAccs = new List<Account>();
  List<contact> COnIds= new List<contact>();

for (contact childObj : Trigger.new) {
    listIds.add(childObj.AccountID);
  }

parentAccs = new Map<Id, account>([SELECT id, Parent_amount__c,Greater_amount__c,Lesser_Amount__c,Name,(SELECT ID, Amount__c FROM contacts) FROM Account WHERE ID IN :listIds]);
  system.debug('%%%%%%%%%%%'+parentAccs);
  COnIds = [select id,AccountID from contact where AccountID IN :listIds];
  Account myParentOpp;

for (contact con: Trigger.new){
     myParentOpp = parentAccs.get(con.AccountID);
     myParentOpp.Parent_amount__c= con.Amount__c;
     if(COnIds.size()>1 && con.Amount__c>COnIds[0].Amount__c){
     myParentOpp.Greater_Amount__c = true;
     }

updatedparentAccs.add(myParentOpp);
    }

if(!updatedparentAccs.isEmpty()){
  update updatedparentAccs;
  }

}

Thanks.
Hi all,

down vote favoritewe have the object Preinscripción containing records about which Postgraduate course someone applied for and paid. It contains the Name of the Applicant, the Postgraduate Course, the Identification Number, Status of the Preinscripción and a checkbox indicating whether a record with the same values Name of Applicant, Postgraduate Course and Identification Number exists or not in another object, the object Admission.
For example, let's say I have a record with data Name Pepe Flores, Postgraduate Course Cardiovascular Medicine, ID Number 1234567 in the object Preinscripción, if these values are also contained in the same fields in the object Admission, the checkbox should automatically be checked or populated.
Is it possible to make that work? is coding needed?.
public with sharing class salescontroller 
{
    public string dat='this month';
   public Integer leadcount{ get; set; }

public Integer getCountings()
    {
       Integer counts=[SELECT COUNT() FROM Lead];
       leadcount=counts;
        return counts;
    }
    public List<Lead> getCurrentMonthInfo()
    {
        List<Lead> ll=Database.query('SELECT Id,Name,Division_Name__c,Title,counting__c '+ 'FROM Lead');
        return ll;
    }
}

I need to transfer count value from getCountings() to getCurrentMonthInfo() and retrieve count variable value in this, Could anyone can solve this plz??
Would it be possible to have a case triggered from a call type from logging an activity?

Here's the issue. I want it automated where if a new client is having an issue, the sales person can log an activity with a certain call type which will then do 2 things :

1. Open a case
2. Send an automated email to 3 or 4 people.

Is it possible?  
Hello:

I've been searching for something I believe is simple but I have not been able to find a trigger that helps me reproduce what I want. I have an object TerritoryChange__c. In here, I have two fields, a dropdown ProductChange__c and a lookup field called SubProduct__c. When a user updates the ProductChange__c, I'd like to insert/update the SubProduct__c field with the value from ProductChange. Does anyone have a trigger example that does this?  
For anyone who may have faced the same task, here is a sample code for displaying filtered tasks and events to display in Account details.
As you may see, I've filtered the results via SOQL, you may extend the code to improve or anything else :)
I used a workaround for reading the events, because they are not readable via the 15 digits AccountId but with the 18 digit once. Crazy, but it works. All of you may correct me, if this may not be usable in future.

1) Add a apex class:
public with sharing class RelatedActivitesTest {
public List<Task> tasksLimited {get;set;}
public List<Event> eventsLimited {get;set;}
public List<Contact> conts {get;set;}
public RelatedActivitesTest(ApexPages.StandardController con){
conts = [SELECT id FROM Contact WHERE AccountId =:ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id')];
tasksLimited= [select id,activitydate,createdbyid,description,subject,whoid,type,ownerid from task
where (
accountid=: ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id') or
WhoId in :conts
) and
subject not in ('Rechnung per E-Mail','Rechnung erstellt','Box-Austausch erstellt','Support angelegt','Gutschrift erstellt','Lizenzdatei per E-Mail','Webroot-Lizenzzertifikat per E-Mail','Teilgutschrift erstellt','PreSales angelegt','Angebot per E-Mail')
order by activitydate desc limit 1000];
// Used convertID to get the external url repesantation of Account Id, which helps me getting all events. Internal Ids won't work somehow.
eventsLimited= [select id,activitydate,createdbyid,description,subject,whoid,type,ownerid,whatid FROM Event
WHERE (
WhatId =:convertID(ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id')) or
WhoId =:convertID(ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id')) or
AccountId =:convertID(ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id')) or
) and
subject not in ('Rechnung per E-Mail','Rechnung erstellt','Box-Austausch erstellt','Support angelegt','Gutschrift erstellt','Lizenzdatei per E-Mail','Webroot-Lizenzzertifikat per E-Mail','Teilgutschrift erstellt','PreSales angelegt','Angebot per E-Mail')
}
public static String convertID(String id){
if(id.length() == 18) return id;
String suffix = '';
for(Integer i=0;i<3;i++){
Integer flags = 0;
for(Integer j=0;j<5;j++){
String c = id.substring(i*5+j,i*5+j+1);
if(c.compareTo('A') >= 0 && c.compareTo('Z') <= 0){
flags += 1 << j;
}
}
if (flags <= 25) {
suffix += 'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ'.substring(flags,flags+1);
}else suffix += '012345'.substring(flags-26,flags-26+1);
}
return id+suffix;
}
}

Create a visual force page:
<apex:page standardController="Account" extensions="RelatedActivitesTest" tabStyle="Account">
<apex:pageBlock title="Filtered Events">
<apex:outputPanel layout="block" style="overflow:auto;width:100%;height:200px">
<apex:dataTable value="{!eventsLimited}" var="eventLimited" cellpadding="4" bgcolor="white" rowClasses="even,odd">
<apex:column headerValue="Subject">
<apex:outputLink value="/{!URLFOR(eventLimited['id'])}">{!eventLimited.subject}</apex:outputLink>
</apex:column>
<apex:column headerValue="Description">
<apex:outputtext value="{!LEFT(eventLimited.description, 150)}" />
<apex:column value="{!eventLimited.whoid}" headerValue="Member" />
<apex:column value="{!eventLimited.type}" headerValue="Type" />
<apex:column value="{!eventLimited.activitydate}" headerValue="Activity Date" />
<apex:column value="{!eventLimited.ownerid}" headerValue="Assigned To" />
</apex:dataTable>
</apex:outputPanel>
</apex:pageBlock>
<apex:pageBlock title="Filtered Tasks">
<apex:dataTable value="{!tasksLimited}" var="taskLimited" cellpadding="4" bgcolor="white" rowClasses="even,odd">
<apex:outputLink value="/{!URLFOR(taskLimited['id'])}">{!taskLimited.subject}</apex:outputLink>
<apex:outputtext value="{!LEFT(taskLimited.description, 150)}" />
<apex:column value="{!taskLimited.whoid}" headerValue="Member" />
<apex:column value="{!taskLimited.type}" headerValue="Type" />
<apex:column value="{!taskLimited.activitydate}" headerValue="Activity Date" />
<apex:column value="{!taskLimited.ownerid}" headerValue="Assigned To" />
</apex:page>

The visualforce page is connected to Account so you can add it to the Account view in your pagelayout.
If you want to change the filter, just change them to fit your needs.

Anyway, if you like my first post, give me a "like".

Thanks
Thimo

• November 26, 2014
Hello,

I am writing a synch process from SFDC to our local DB's. Rather than typing out 200+ column names and also allowing for future column addition Id like to select all columns. Is this possible?
For anyone who may have faced the same task, here is a sample code for displaying filtered tasks and events to display in Account details.
As you may see, I've filtered the results via SOQL, you may extend the code to improve or anything else :)
I used a workaround for reading the events, because they are not readable via the 15 digits AccountId but with the 18 digit once. Crazy, but it works. All of you may correct me, if this may not be usable in future.

1) Add a apex class:
public with sharing class RelatedActivitesTest {
public List<Task> tasksLimited {get;set;}
public List<Event> eventsLimited {get;set;}
public List<Contact> conts {get;set;}
public RelatedActivitesTest(ApexPages.StandardController con){
conts = [SELECT id FROM Contact WHERE AccountId =:ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id')];
tasksLimited= [select id,activitydate,createdbyid,description,subject,whoid,type,ownerid from task
where (
accountid=: ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id') or
) and
// Used convertID to get the external url repesantation of Account Id, which helps me getting all events. Internal Ids won't work somehow.
eventsLimited= [select id,activitydate,createdbyid,description,subject,whoid,type,ownerid,whatid FROM Event
WHERE (
WhatId =:convertID(ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id')) or
WhoId =:convertID(ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id')) or
AccountId =:convertID(ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id')) or
) and
}
public static String convertID(String id){
if(id.length() == 18) return id;
String suffix = '';
for(Integer i=0;i<3;i++){
Integer flags = 0;
for(Integer j=0;j<5;j++){
String c = id.substring(i*5+j,i*5+j+1);
if(c.compareTo('A') >= 0 && c.compareTo('Z') <= 0){
flags += 1 << j;
}
}
if (flags <= 25) {
suffix += 'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ'.substring(flags,flags+1);
}else suffix += '012345'.substring(flags-26,flags-26+1);
}
return id+suffix;
}
}

Create a visual force page:
<apex:page standardController="Account" extensions="RelatedActivitesTest" tabStyle="Account">
<apex:pageBlock title="Filtered Events">
<apex:dataTable value="{!eventsLimited}" var="eventLimited" cellpadding="4" bgcolor="white" rowClasses="even,odd">
<apex:outputLink value="/{!URLFOR(eventLimited['id'])}">{!eventLimited.subject}</apex:outputLink>
<apex:outputtext value="{!LEFT(eventLimited.description, 150)}" />
<apex:column value="{!eventLimited.whoid}" headerValue="Member" />
<apex:column value="{!eventLimited.type}" headerValue="Type" />
<apex:column value="{!eventLimited.activitydate}" headerValue="Activity Date" />
<apex:column value="{!eventLimited.ownerid}" headerValue="Assigned To" />
<apex:pageBlock title="Filtered Tasks">
<apex:dataTable value="{!tasksLimited}" var="taskLimited" cellpadding="4" bgcolor="white" rowClasses="even,odd">
<apex:outputLink value="/{!URLFOR(taskLimited['id'])}">{!taskLimited.subject}</apex:outputLink>
<apex:outputtext value="{!LEFT(taskLimited.description, 150)}" />
<apex:column value="{!taskLimited.whoid}" headerValue="Member" />
<apex:column value="{!taskLimited.type}" headerValue="Type" />
<apex:column value="{!taskLimited.activitydate}" headerValue="Activity Date" />
<apex:column value="{!taskLimited.ownerid}" headerValue="Assigned To" />
</apex:page>

The visualforce page is connected to Account so you can add it to the Account view in your pagelayout.
If you want to change the filter, just change them to fit your needs.

Anyway, if you like my first post, give me a "like".

Thanks
Thimo

• November 26, 2014