• 20 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I havea javascript button on Custom Object A that is creating a record on the Case object.  I recently added the two lines in BOLD and am gettnig the faultcode error.  Both field on both objects are number 18,0.  I am not sure how to fix it.. I don't think it likes the  commas.

Any help?

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/32.0/connection.js")} 

var objCase = new sforce.SObject("Case"); 
objCase.RecordTypeId = '012E0000000Ra9u'; //Unlink Record Type 
objCase.AccountId = '{!Channel__c.AccountId__c}'; 
objCase.OwnerId = '005E0000007cWOV'; // Rance UseID 
objCase.Partner_Manager__c = '{!Account.OwnerId}';// Change for MD to Account.OwnerID 
objCase.Display_Name__c = '{!Channel__c.Name}'; 
objCase.ChannelIDFromChannel__c = '{!Channel__c.X18char_Channel_ID__c}'; 
objCase.Channel_Subscribers__c = '{!Channel__c.Channel_Subscribers__c}'; 
objCase.Monthly_Streams__c = '{!Channel__c.Monthly_Streams__c}'; 

objCase.YouTube_ID__c = '{!Channel__c.YouTube_ID__c}'; 
objCase.Subject = 'YouTube Channel UNLINK'; 
objCase.CMS__c = '{!Channel__c.Channel_CMS__c}'; 
objCase.Type='Unlink'; 
objCase.Status='Pending'; 

var result = sforce.connection.create([objCase]); 

if(result[0].getBoolean("success")){ 
window.location = "/" + result[0].id + "/e?retURL=" + result[0].id + "&cancelURL=" + result[0].id; 
}else{ 
alert('Could not create record '+result); 
}
I have a Master Detail Relationship say Parent A and Child B. One Parent Record has several Child records. I have a field to update on one Child record based on some criteria. When I run a workflow with some criteria, all the fields on the Child records get updated with the same value. The Field I am updating is a Picklist.  I am using Process Builder to update a checkbox on the Child record. and then a workflow to update the Field.  No matter what workaround i try to accomplish this , I get the same results... all child record fields updated with the same value.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? 
I have problem that I am struggling with. I need to update a NEW Child object with data from the parent.  Let me explain.

OLD DATA MODEL
Account object  -  Account Name,  FieldA, Field B, etc

NEW DATA MODEL
Account Object  - Account Name
Channel Object (lookup relationship from Channel to Account) -  FieldA, FieldB

FieldA from Account needs to be its own record in Channel

This is what it should look like in New Data Model:

Account  - Account Name
Channel - FieldA
Channel - FieldB
Channel - FieldC

I believe I don't need to use External IDs as I have read in previous posts, but I am confused to the correct way to set this up.
Hello , i am trying to create a validation rule using REGEX, but can't seem to get it the correct way.  I assume I am not using the function correctly.
I need to make sure the first two characters are AB or ab and the entire length of the string is 24 characters. I was successful in targeting the first two characters, but can't seem to determine the length. The remaining 22 characters can be any alphanumeric character including special characters.  I don't know if I can do this with REGEX.  I tried to use the combinations of BEGINS and LEN functions, but can't seem to get to work.

This is where I ended up with (but doesn't work)
NOT(REGEX(Test_ID__c, "^([Aa]?[Bb])+{22}$"))
I have a request to display 4 fields when a Checkbox is displayed. I don't won't this fields to display unless the checkbox is checked in order to safe real estate.  I believe this has to be completed on a visualforce page, but not usre and don't know where to start. This will be displayed as a new section on the account page where several other sections reside. Is this possible without to much effort?
I havea javascript button on Custom Object A that is creating a record on the Case object.  I recently added the two lines in BOLD and am gettnig the faultcode error.  Both field on both objects are number 18,0.  I am not sure how to fix it.. I don't think it likes the  commas.

Any help?

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/32.0/connection.js")} 

var objCase = new sforce.SObject("Case"); 
objCase.RecordTypeId = '012E0000000Ra9u'; //Unlink Record Type 
objCase.AccountId = '{!Channel__c.AccountId__c}'; 
objCase.OwnerId = '005E0000007cWOV'; // Rance UseID 
objCase.Partner_Manager__c = '{!Account.OwnerId}';// Change for MD to Account.OwnerID 
objCase.Display_Name__c = '{!Channel__c.Name}'; 
objCase.ChannelIDFromChannel__c = '{!Channel__c.X18char_Channel_ID__c}'; 
objCase.Channel_Subscribers__c = '{!Channel__c.Channel_Subscribers__c}'; 
objCase.Monthly_Streams__c = '{!Channel__c.Monthly_Streams__c}'; 

objCase.YouTube_ID__c = '{!Channel__c.YouTube_ID__c}'; 
objCase.Subject = 'YouTube Channel UNLINK'; 
objCase.CMS__c = '{!Channel__c.Channel_CMS__c}'; 
objCase.Type='Unlink'; 
objCase.Status='Pending'; 

var result = sforce.connection.create([objCase]); 

if(result[0].getBoolean("success")){ 
window.location = "/" + result[0].id + "/e?retURL=" + result[0].id + "&cancelURL=" + result[0].id; 
}else{ 
alert('Could not create record '+result); 
}
I have a Master Detail Relationship say Parent A and Child B. One Parent Record has several Child records. I have a field to update on one Child record based on some criteria. When I run a workflow with some criteria, all the fields on the Child records get updated with the same value. The Field I am updating is a Picklist.  I am using Process Builder to update a checkbox on the Child record. and then a workflow to update the Field.  No matter what workaround i try to accomplish this , I get the same results... all child record fields updated with the same value.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? 
I have problem that I am struggling with. I need to update a NEW Child object with data from the parent.  Let me explain.

OLD DATA MODEL
Account object  -  Account Name,  FieldA, Field B, etc

NEW DATA MODEL
Account Object  - Account Name
Channel Object (lookup relationship from Channel to Account) -  FieldA, FieldB

FieldA from Account needs to be its own record in Channel

This is what it should look like in New Data Model:

Account  - Account Name
Channel - FieldA
Channel - FieldB
Channel - FieldC

I believe I don't need to use External IDs as I have read in previous posts, but I am confused to the correct way to set this up.
Hello , i am trying to create a validation rule using REGEX, but can't seem to get it the correct way.  I assume I am not using the function correctly.
I need to make sure the first two characters are AB or ab and the entire length of the string is 24 characters. I was successful in targeting the first two characters, but can't seem to determine the length. The remaining 22 characters can be any alphanumeric character including special characters.  I don't know if I can do this with REGEX.  I tried to use the combinations of BEGINS and LEN functions, but can't seem to get to work.

This is where I ended up with (but doesn't work)
NOT(REGEX(Test_ID__c, "^([Aa]?[Bb])+{22}$"))
Hi 
lets assume a time based workflow rule is set and activated on time based actions 
for Eg:sending an email containing birthday wishes to  3 users based on their birth dates 8/8/2015,8/9/2015 and 8/10/2015.
Now is it possible to go back,deactivate and delete one of them which is in the middle of the Que i.e the times based workflow action which was set for (8/9/2015).