• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am trying to complete the challenge of the Integrating External Data challenge, and am hitting an 'interesting' problem.  I believe I've gone through all the steps correctly, but an getting the error below:

The 'Phone__x' external object is not correctly setup with an indirect relationship to the User standard object.

When I go do External Objects/phones/edit UUID I can see the UUID field definition.  I have numerous times clicked on Change FIeld Type/Indirect Lookup Relationship/Related to User/Target Field Phone_UUID__c/Next/Save.  Each time I go though that when I get to the Target Field value the value is set to --None--.  It's acting like it forgets that I gave it a value.  That would explain the error message

Any ideas as to how I can get around this?

Thanks
Hi,

I am new to Salesforce so I appologize in advance if this does not make sense.

Situation.  I am trying to develop an app called Request that will have a number of picklist fields.  The possible values in these fields will be changing over time and I want my business units to have the capability to update the values themselves.  I do not want a developer to have to modify the fields for each change

Possible solution.  Create an object called Lookups. The record for this object will have a Key field and a Values field with multiple values.  The Request object has some kind of field/code combination that will search the Lookups object for a specific key value and present the Values field values in a picklist format.  The author selects the value wanted and the Request record field is updated.  This way I can set the security in the Lookups object so that some business people can maintain it and nobody will have to change the Request object.

Is this a sensible way to do this in Salesforce and, if so, how should I do it.

Thanks

Darryl
I am trying to complete the challenge of the Integrating External Data challenge, and am hitting an 'interesting' problem.  I believe I've gone through all the steps correctly, but an getting the error below:

The 'Phone__x' external object is not correctly setup with an indirect relationship to the User standard object.

When I go do External Objects/phones/edit UUID I can see the UUID field definition.  I have numerous times clicked on Change FIeld Type/Indirect Lookup Relationship/Related to User/Target Field Phone_UUID__c/Next/Save.  Each time I go though that when I get to the Target Field value the value is set to --None--.  It's acting like it forgets that I gave it a value.  That would explain the error message

Thanks

Thanks
Hi,

I am new to Salesforce so I appologize in advance if this does not make sense.

Situation.  I am trying to develop an app called Request that will have a number of picklist fields.  The possible values in these fields will be changing over time and I want my business units to have the capability to update the values themselves.  I do not want a developer to have to modify the fields for each change

Possible solution.  Create an object called Lookups. The record for this object will have a Key field and a Values field with multiple values.  The Request object has some kind of field/code combination that will search the Lookups object for a specific key value and present the Values field values in a picklist format.  The author selects the value wanted and the Request record field is updated.  This way I can set the security in the Lookups object so that some business people can maintain it and nobody will have to change the Request object.

Is this a sensible way to do this in Salesforce and, if so, how should I do it.

Thanks

Darryl