• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi

I'm trying to write a trigger for Case that will reopen or uncomplete the Final Milestone in the Entitlement Process for that Case. I have run up against getting an error
FIELD_INTEGRITY_EXCEPTION, You can’t change the completion date on a case milestone that’s already exited an entitlement process.
I am using a method expanded from the milestoneUtils code found here:
https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Case_Milestones_Utilities_Class

I tried adding @future against the method and while the error no longer occurs it does not uncomplete the Milestone going from Status 'Closed' to 'Open' the first time around.
However if I close the Case and then reopen subsequent times, it then does work.

Can anyone offer any insight into how I may correctly use the @future annotation so that it would work first time? Or any other way of dealing with this sequence of events?

This is my Trigger:
trigger openMilestoneOnReopenCase on Case (after update) {

String finalMilestone = 'Solution Time';
    DateTime CompletionDate = NULL;
    List<Id> cases = new List<Id>();

for(Case c:Trigger.new){

//Get the prior update Case states
        Case oldCaseState = Trigger.oldMap.get(c.Id);

// Checking if this is a Case being reopend from Closed
        if(c.Status == 'Open' && oldCaseState.Status == 'Closed'){

// Get the Case Milestone List
            List<CaseMilestone> caseMilestones = [Select MilestoneTypeId, IsCompleted from CaseMilestone cm where cm.MilestoneType.Name=:finalMilestone AND cm.CaseId=:c.Id];

//Iterate the Case Milestone List
            for(CaseMilestone caseMilestone:caseMilestones){

//Check the Solution Time state isCompleted and add the Case to the Case List
                if(caseMilestone.isCompleted == true){
                    cases.add(c.Id);
                }
            }

// Call the milestoneUtils Method
            if(!cases.isEmpty()){
                milestoneUtils.reopenMilestone(cases, finalMilestone, completionDate);
            }

}
    }
}
This is the milestonesUtil Class I am calling the method from:
public class milestoneUtils {
    @future
    public static void reopenMilestone(List<Id> caseIds, String milestoneName, DateTime complDate) {
        System.debug('ASPD DEBUG: milestoneUtils: DateTime for completeMilestone is ' + string.valueOfGMT(complDate));

List<CaseMilestone> cmsToUpdate = [select Id, completionDate from CaseMilestone cm where caseId in :caseIds and cm.MilestoneType.Name=:milestoneName and completionDate != null limit 1];
        if (cmsToUpdate.isEmpty() == false){
            for (CaseMilestone cm : cmsToUpdate){
                cm.completionDate = complDate;
            }
            update cmsToUpdate;
        }
    }
}

Thanks
Patrick
Hi

I'm trying to write a trigger for Case that will reopen or uncomplete the Final Milestone in the Entitlement Process for that Case. I have run up against getting an error
FIELD_INTEGRITY_EXCEPTION, You can’t change the completion date on a case milestone that’s already exited an entitlement process.

I tried adding @future against the method and while the error no longer occurs it does not uncomplete the Milestone going from Status 'Closed' to 'Open' the first time around.
However if I close the Case and then reopen subsequent times, it then does work.

Can anyone offer any insight into how I may correctly use the @future annotation so that it would work first time? Or any other way of dealing with this sequence of events?

This is my Trigger:

List<CaseMilestone> caseMilestones = [Select MilestoneTypeId, IsCompleted from CaseMilestone cm where cm.MilestoneType.Name=:finalMilestone AND cm.CaseId=:c.Id];

cases.add(c.Id);
                }
            }

if(!cases.isEmpty()){
            }

}
    }
}
    @future
    public static void reopenMilestone(List<Id> caseIds, String milestoneName, DateTime complDate) {
        System.debug('ASPD DEBUG: milestoneUtils: DateTime for completeMilestone is ' + string.valueOfGMT(complDate));

List<CaseMilestone> cmsToUpdate = [select Id, completionDate from CaseMilestone cm where caseId in :caseIds and cm.MilestoneType.Name=:milestoneName and completionDate != null limit 1];
            }
            update cmsToUpdate;
        }
    }
}

Thanks
Patrick
Hi

This is my Trigger:

cases.add(c.Id);
                }
            }

if(!cases.isEmpty()){
            }

}
    }
}
    @future

}
            update cmsToUpdate;
        }
    }
}

Thanks
Patrick