• 10 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all, I am trying to write an opportunity validation rule that follows the following logic:
"If "date of 1st demo" field is NOT blank OR if TCV is not equal to $0.00, then Stage is D+ or higher."

I've accomplished writing the part of the rule that requires the stage to be D+ or higher if one of those two criteria are met. However, I am having trouble with the last part of the rule. I'd like to be able to take it back down to a stage below D+ if those criteria are no longer met. 

Here's the rule:

IF ((AND(ISPICKVAL(StageName,"D"), 
AND (( Date_of_1st_Demo__c > NULL ), 
OR ( Total_Contract_Value_LICENSE__c <> NULL), 
OR ( Total_Contract_Value_Subscription__c <> NULL)))), 

OR (ISPICKVAL(StageName,"D+"), ISPICKVAL(StageName,"C"), ISPICKVAL(StageName,"B"), ISPICKVAL(StageName,"A"), ISPICKVAL(StageName,"CLOSED WON"), ISPICKVAL(StageName,"CLOSED LOST"),ISPICKVAL(StageName,"NO DECISION"),ISPICKVAL(StageName,"Closed by merger"),ISPICKVAL(StageName,"Closed by FDIC")),

OR (ISPICKVAL(StageName,"D"), ISPICKVAL(StageName,"E"), ISPICKVAL(StageName,"F")))

Any suggestions?
Hi all, I am trying to write an opportunity validation rule that follows the following logic:
"If "date of 1st demo" field is NOT blank OR if TCV is not equal to $0.00, then Stage is D+ or higher."

I've accomplished writing the part of the rule that requires the stage to be D+ or higher if one of those two criteria are met. However, I am having trouble with the last part of the rule. I'd like to be able to take it back down to a stage below D+ if those criteria are no longer met. 

Here's the rule:

IF ((AND(ISPICKVAL(StageName,"D"), 
AND (( Date_of_1st_Demo__c > NULL ), 
OR ( Total_Contract_Value_LICENSE__c <> NULL), 
OR ( Total_Contract_Value_Subscription__c <> NULL)))), 

OR (ISPICKVAL(StageName,"D+"), ISPICKVAL(StageName,"C"), ISPICKVAL(StageName,"B"), ISPICKVAL(StageName,"A"), ISPICKVAL(StageName,"CLOSED WON"), ISPICKVAL(StageName,"CLOSED LOST"),ISPICKVAL(StageName,"NO DECISION"),ISPICKVAL(StageName,"Closed by merger"),ISPICKVAL(StageName,"Closed by FDIC")),

OR (ISPICKVAL(StageName,"D"), ISPICKVAL(StageName,"E"), ISPICKVAL(StageName,"F")))

Any suggestions?