• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We purchased a Salesforce Org to provide HR services to a Client. Part of the service uses Sites. The Pages on the Site go from being active and operational to displaying the "Under Construction" Page and not being accessible about once a day "naturally" or whenever we deploy a Change Set. And by "naturally", I mean that the issue occurs on its own without us changing any Metadata. 

The client actively uses the Site, and this is causing frustration when they keep getting the "Under Construction" Page. We may lose the Client. We have been trying to monitor this issue and catch it before the Client receives the "Under Construction" Page by accessing the Site every 30 minutes around the clock.  What we are finding is that it tends to be inaccessible in the early mornings.  However, we did just have it become inacessible at 2:50pm today.  

When the issue occurs, we have a method to temporarily fix the situation: (1) Go to Setup --> Develop --> Apex Classes --> Compile All Classes then (2) visit each and every Page used in the Site Internally via /apex/[Page Name]. Once a Page used in the Site is visited Internally, it immediately becomes available Externally on the Site. So to reiterate, to make the whole Site available again, we must visit each and every Page used in the Site Internally.

When the issue has occurred, I went to the Site record and clicked "Preview as Admin". The page will display the "Under Construction" Page and display an "Entity is not api accessible" Exception.

I've checked and double-checked that the Site's Guest User Profile has all all the required Visualforce, Apex Class, Object, and Field Permissions. When the Site is up, everything is working properly.

When this error occurs "naturally" / on its own, it seems to only occur once per day. Could it be with Salesforce resetting the Site's 24 Usage Limits?

I've posted this issue on Salesforce Stack Exchange, but I've gotten no answers to this issue.
http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/85493/site-goes-under-construction-or-unauthorized-until-page-is-viewed-internally?noredirect=1#comment114047_85493
I have been experiencing very odd Site behavior the past 3 days. Whenever a Change Set is deployed with Controllers/VF Pages used in the Site or even at other "random" times, users are redirected to the "Under Construction" or 'Unauthorized" Pages. If I go to an affected Page internally via /apex/MyAffectedPage, the Page will then be available externally on the Site.

The Site's Active Home Page is never affected. If viewing a Page externally, and it redirects to Under Construction Page, visiting any other Page (except for the Site's Active Home Page) will redirect to Under Construction Page. But if I view a single Page internally, the Page will then be available externally, but every other Page (except for the Site's Active Home Page) will redirect to Unauthorized Page instead.

I went to "Preview as Admin" in the Site when I was getting redirected to the Unauthorized Page, and I think it was showing an "api is not accessible" message. I have to wait for the issue to occur again before I can confirm this.

If the issue strikes, I need to visit every Page used in the Site to have the entire Site available externally again.

This is terrible because we're finding out the issue happened when our clients complain our Site is down. I am adding custom Under Construction and Unauthorized Pages that will email us whenever it's viewed so we can cut our response time down, but I don't have the slightest clue on how to fix the issue altogether. Somehow viewing the Page internally is changing something in the Salesforce Back-end which allows the Page to be viewed externally. And what could be the trigger which resets the Page's external access?

About the "random" events causing the issue: They happen less than a few times a day, and the last event happened overnight. Maybe it was triggered when Salesforce was resetting the 24 Hour Site Usage Limit.

Additional Exceptions: The Site has been very buggy. I've ran into the "api is not accessible" Message every now and again over the past couple of days. I deployed a Change Set, visited all the Pages and verified it was externally available, and then, a couple hours later, I got a "Class needs to be Compiled" Exception with "api is not accessible" being the root cause. I clicked "Compile All Classes" under Setup --> Apex Classes, and the issue was resolved. I've hardly ever ran into that issue, and it seems very odd that now it happens with the other issue.
I'm trying to point mydomain.force.com to mydomain.com 

I've update my CNAME in Godaddy but still having problems.  Anything obvious that I'm doing wrong?

User-added image

Hi,

I've got a batch job that works well in manual testing, processing multiple records in each batch without any issues. However my unit test fails if I set the scope greater than just 1 record with a "System.UnexpectedException: Error processing messages". I'm stumped, does anyone know what this cryptic exception means?

Thanks a lot,

Mike