• Customer Success Manager
  • Salesforce

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I've been trough several posts / discussions but I'm still not clear on how do standard latitude and longitude fields on Account populate in Salesforce ? Do they automatically populate when I enter the account adress (it seems not...) ? Do I need to build a piece of code to retrive this data from Googe Maps (or oher provider) with an API ? Should I go for a specific geolocation app in the Appexchange ? The reason I need to populate this data is because I later need to export it and use it for account geolocation on a Website (store locator on Google Maps)
Many thanks for you advice !

I've been trough several posts / discussions but I'm still not clear on how do standard latitude and longitude fields on Account populate in Salesforce ? Do they automatically populate when I enter the account adress (it seems not...) ? Do I need to build a piece of code to retrive this data from Googe Maps (or oher provider) with an API ? Should I go for a specific geolocation app in the Appexchange ? The reason I need to populate this data is because I later need to export it and use it for account geolocation on a Website (store locator on Google Maps)
Many thanks for you advice !