• 30 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
For some strange reason, I have an org in which the tasks and events which are 'Completed' do not show up under Activity History in LEX, but they do show up on Classic and SalesForce1 - can anyone explain to me why this is the case??
See the two screenshots from the same Contact record: one shows two completed Tasks (Classic), the other shows "No past activity." !!!??
The users of this org are starting to lose faith & trust in LEX and switching over to Classic!

User-added image

User-added image
I need to set the value of a custom Contact date field to a date on THAT date (e.g. set the field "Next Class Update" to "YYYY/7/1" every year on July 1st).
Searching for a solution on the Developers Community I have come across "Apex Scheduler". I've never written any Apex code and would take me ages to learn. Is there any help I can get to write this very simple "schedule": <set the field "Next Class Update" to "YYYY/7/1" on THAT date and no sooner or later>.
This change should only apply to Contact records with Record_Type = "Child".
Many thanks in advance. Luison
Hi,
I have a link custom object called "Registrations" which links a Contact with a Course (another custom object) on a many-to-many relationship.
So Registration is the child object for Contact, and Course is the lookup object when creating a new Registration.

I want to send Emails to Contact showing which Course they are booked into (not a problem, as I can specify the Course on the "Related to Record:" look-up. But I need to specify the Registration instead, so that I can display merge fields from the Registration object on the Email.
There is no problem inserting Registration fields on the Email or the Template (the field chooser includes all the fields from Registration) but what I not allowed to do is to choose a specific Registration record - so when the email is sent (or tested) all the fields from Registration are blank.

User-added image

Any ideas greately appreciated.
Luison
Is it possible to set the EndDateTime to be always 1 hour after the StartDateTime when creating an Event?
My users do not want to have to set the EndDateTime every time they create a new Event. I tried to remove the "Required" setting on the standard field EndDateTime to allow for blank values, but it is not possible because another field "DurationInMinutes" is dependent on the value of EndDateTime.
Any help very appreciated.
Luison
I need to set the value of a custom Contact date field to a date on THAT date (e.g. set the field "Next Class Update" to "YYYY/7/1" every year on July 1st).
Searching for a solution on the Developers Community I have come across "Apex Scheduler". I've never written any Apex code and would take me ages to learn. Is there any help I can get to write this very simple "schedule": <set the field "Next Class Update" to "YYYY/7/1" on THAT date and no sooner or later>.
This change should only apply to Contact records with Record_Type = "Child".
Many thanks in advance. Luison
Hi,
I have a link custom object called "Registrations" which links a Contact with a Course (another custom object) on a many-to-many relationship.
So Registration is the child object for Contact, and Course is the lookup object when creating a new Registration.

I want to send Emails to Contact showing which Course they are booked into (not a problem, as I can specify the Course on the "Related to Record:" look-up. But I need to specify the Registration instead, so that I can display merge fields from the Registration object on the Email.
There is no problem inserting Registration fields on the Email or the Template (the field chooser includes all the fields from Registration) but what I not allowed to do is to choose a specific Registration record - so when the email is sent (or tested) all the fields from Registration are blank.

User-added image

Any ideas greately appreciated.
Luison
Is it possible to set the EndDateTime to be always 1 hour after the StartDateTime when creating an Event?
My users do not want to have to set the EndDateTime every time they create a new Event. I tried to remove the "Required" setting on the standard field EndDateTime to allow for blank values, but it is not possible because another field "DurationInMinutes" is dependent on the value of EndDateTime.
Any help very appreciated.
Luison
Hi,

I've date field say "End_date". if the value for this field is 12/31/9999, i need to update the value as 12/31/2999. Can anyone please help me in constructing a formula for this.

thanks,
vasavi
Hi,
I have been doing software/web development using Java and related technologies for 5 years. I am trying to broaden my skillset. So I decided to learn Salesforce and already started. I am living in Ottawa. I am wondering If there is anyone in the community to give me an opportunity to do few real projects on salesforce.

Your response/suggestions are very much appreciated.

Thanks
Foysal
Hi Everyone,

I've recently gone through a lot of the online learning (trailheads, force fundamentals and some workbooks). I needed to learn due to a project happening at my current work place which will involve logging requests on Salesforce. At this point I'm unsure as to whether or not that project is going ahead, but regardless of that, I would like to progress with Salesforce.

Now I'm not yet experienced enough to go for the DEV401 certification and certainly not experienced enough to look for jobs. But I was wondering whether there are any evening and/or weekend roles that I could do on a totally voluntary basis free of charge? The only thing I would be hoping to gain is practical experience developing on Salesforce. Alot of the training I have done myself online over the last couple of months so I think I have enough knowledge to get going - at least for smaller projects. Does anyone know if this exists anywhere in London? Or even on a remote working basis as this is all based online.

I know a lot of charities do use Salesforce, and that maybe one of these could do with a helping hand without having to fork out hundreds for a consultant? Has anyone here ever done this or is anyone looking for a volunteer?
Salesforce Developer with 3+ years of experience on the Force.com platform and Admin, 201, 301,401 certifications, 2013 Dreamforce Speaker. Experienced in Apex, Visualforce, Javascript, jQuery and python.  Available remotely for full time, contract or project work. Email me at sfdcasey90@gmail.com for code examples, more background information or to discuss any position.
I have a requirement to copy all metadata + data to a new Production instance. What is the best way to do this ?
The new org should be exactly the same as the first one and we will continue to use both orgs in parallel. (different users in each org)