• Mr.

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,
i want to pull records past 3 years from audit trail ?

regards,
Bhanu

Hi..

I need to do a Rest API call out on click of standard lightning page SAVE button. How can i achieve it. 
I cannot do it in a trigger as I cannot go for a future method.

Appreciate your help..

Hi,

I have a process builder in which 3 field are getting updated in the same action. 
The 3 fields are opp_account_exec, opp_sales_exec, opp_owner

opp_account_exec, opp_sales_exec are gettign updated with the values from another object.
But opp_owner is getting updated with the opp_sales_exec it self.

If i assign a value to opp_sales_exec, process builder is working fine. opp_sales_exec  is getting updated with another value, and  opp_owner also getting updated with the same value.
But If opp_sales_exec is null, it is throwing an exception because opp_owner cannot be updated with the null.

So i want to know the order fields updated.

Thanks,
Dinesh

Hi,

I am working on force.com sites, for that I need to incorporate some radio buttons and those must be required fields.
So i coded like below,

<td align="center" width="10%" style="vertical-align:middle;text-align:center;">
                <div>
                    <apex:outputPanel >
                        <div class="requiredInput">
                        <div class="requiredBlock"> </div>
                         <apex:selectRadio id="EQ2" onchange="renderPhyDet(this);" value="{!MemberEnrollment__c.Emp_Q2_Selected__c}">
                            <apex:selectOption itemValue="Yes" itemLabel="Yes"> </apex:selectOption>
                            <apex:selectOption itemValue="No" itemLabel="No"> </apex:selectOption>
                            </apex:selectRadio>
                        </div>
                    </apex:outputPanel> 
                </div> 
            </td>

Vertical line is showing but the page is not stopping the user if he dont select the radio button.  

User-added image

So I added required="true" label="Choose One" to the radio button, now the page is not being submitted even I submit the page. I think this "required" attribute is working but error message is not being displayed at the radio field which I have mentioned in the "label".

Hi..

I am working on force.com sites to create a public web page. I have to replace salesforce logo with some other logo at top of the page, so I have googled and got the solution. But, after I have successfully replaced logo, the colour of pageBlock sections is changed some how.. I think something has overrided my styles of pageblock section.

The original page is below,
User-added image

but when I changed the logo, color of pageBlock sections are changed like below,

User-added image

I think something has overrided. please find the VF code below, the highlighted lines are which I have added to replace the salesforce logo with other logo.

User-added image

Please help in getting back my original colours of pageBlock Sections.. Thanks in Advance..

Regards,
Dinesh 

Hi,

I am writing a VF page using Standard Controller.
To retrieve the fields, I am using <apex:inputField> tag

User-added image

It is showing same name as I have given while creating the field in object, but I want to show a different label on VF page.
I didn't find any attribute of <apex:inputField> tag which helps in changing the field label.

Is there any way to do it ?

HI,

I need apex logic to calculate no.of business days between two date-time fields. I have seen so many posts but everyone are mentioning only workflow logic but not apex logic.. (Assume Mon to Fri are business days)
Thanks in advance.. 
Hi,

Iam working on visualforce chart to create a piechart based on some criteria.
the labels on the chart on large and overlapping on eachother. please guide me how to resize them or any alternative. i did not find required chart attribuites to do that. please find the below screenshot.

User-added image
Hi,

I need to build a logic where i have to find the difference of two DateTime fields and should populate those with no. of days. The required elapsed time calculation should be as follows.

if the elapsed time is  0 to 47 hours and 59 minutes = 1 day. 
if the elapsed time is 48 hours to 72 hours = 2 days
if the elapsed time is 72 hours to 96 hours = 3 days and so on..

For this, I have written a trigger with below logic, 

trigger TurnAroundTime on Merchandise__c (Before update) 
{
    for(Merchandise__c Mer : Trigger.New)
    {
       If(Mer.start__c != null)
        {
            If(Mer.Final__c != null)
            {
                System.debug('Final Check has done');
                Long minutes = (Mer.Final__c.getTime() - Mer.start__c.getTime())/(1000*60) ;
                system.debug('************minutes: '+minutes) ;
                    If(minutes < 2879)
                    {
                        Mer.TAT__c = 1 ;
                    }
                    else if(minutes > 2879)
                    {
                        Mer.TAT__c = minutes/(60*24) ;
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        Mer.TAT__c = 0;
                    }
                    system.debug('*******TAT : ' +Mer.TAT__c) ;
            }
        } 
    }

But the problem is i need to write this trigger on an object is which is installed by managed package(from AppExchange), but we dont have priviliges to create trigger on that managed package object. So i thought of writing a workflow or formula field for the same functionality, but there were no available dateTime functions in formula-field to get this done. 

Is there any way to achieve this through formula-field ?? or any way to create a trigger on appExchange object which is locked for users ??

Hi, 
I have a requirement that I need to create a VF page with list of accounts and contacts with account hierarchy.. 
So, when I query an account, i need to check whether this has child account or not, if it has child account , we need to dig further to check any child accounts. Need to retirve the contacts for the lower most and should display all accounts and contacts in hierarchy model.. 

Using SOAP API approach, can we do a batch integration? Please provide any links or sample POC's which are done. We need to do an integration between salesforce and informatica.

Can we depug apex using check points ?? somethink like we do in .Net in VisualStudio ??

Hi,
i want to pull records past 3 years from audit trail ?

regards,
Bhanu
I have been working in our Sandbox to create a group of custom objects. Those are now complete and I want to move them to the production org. One thing has me confused and its the Change Set Components. I've added the custom objects to the Change Set, but does that mean I have to also add the custome fields, or do they carry over automatically with the custom objects? The same is true for Layouts and Record Types, do I have to include those in the Change Set Components as well? I have never built anything using the Sandbox before and am afraid when I move the custom objects over it might be a disaster. 
Hi,

I am working on force.com sites, for that I need to incorporate some radio buttons and those must be required fields.
So i coded like below,

<td align="center" width="10%" style="vertical-align:middle;text-align:center;">
                <div>
                    <apex:outputPanel >
                        <div class="requiredInput">
                        <div class="requiredBlock"> </div>
                         <apex:selectRadio id="EQ2" onchange="renderPhyDet(this);" value="{!MemberEnrollment__c.Emp_Q2_Selected__c}">
                            <apex:selectOption itemValue="Yes" itemLabel="Yes"> </apex:selectOption>
                            <apex:selectOption itemValue="No" itemLabel="No"> </apex:selectOption>
                            </apex:selectRadio>
                        </div>
                    </apex:outputPanel> 
                </div> 
            </td>

Vertical line is showing but the page is not stopping the user if he dont select the radio button.  

User-added image

So I added required="true" label="Choose One" to the radio button, now the page is not being submitted even I submit the page. I think this "required" attribute is working but error message is not being displayed at the radio field which I have mentioned in the "label".
Hi,

I am writing a VF page using Standard Controller.
To retrieve the fields, I am using <apex:inputField> tag

User-added image

It is showing same name as I have given while creating the field in object, but I want to show a different label on VF page.
I didn't find any attribute of <apex:inputField> tag which helps in changing the field label.

Is there any way to do it ?

HI,

I need apex logic to calculate no.of business days between two date-time fields. I have seen so many posts but everyone are mentioning only workflow logic but not apex logic.. (Assume Mon to Fri are business days)
Thanks in advance.. 
Ok, so I successfully got a VF Page Form to show on my Force.com site , anyone can go to the URL and see the form , even fill it in BUT when you hit "Save" you get the following error message: "Authorization Required-You must first log in or register before accessing this page.If you have forgotten your password, click Forgot Password to reset it."

I have confirmed the guest user permissions are set properly on the Custom Object and in the OWD settings , I have been researching , reading and watching videos for the last week but I have been unable to determine what the problem is. Attached is the code for the VF page.

I think it's something to do with using "standardController" maybe I need a custom controller to make this work - anyone have any suggestions?
<apex:page standardController="Loyalty_Program_Member__c">
<apex:messages />
    <apex:form id="changeStatusForm">
        <apex:pageBlock >
          <apex:pageblocksection title="Loyalty Program Member Detail">
               <apex:inputfield value="{!Loyalty_Program_Member__c.First_Name__c}"/>
               <apex:inputfield value="{!Loyalty_Program_Member__c.Last_Name__c}"/>
               <apex:inputfield value="{!Loyalty_Program_Member__c.Full_Name__c}"/>
               <apex:inputfield value="{!Loyalty_Program_Member__c.Street_Address__c}"/>
        <apex:inputfield value="{!Loyalty_Program_Member__c.City__c}"/>
               <apex:inputfield value="{!Loyalty_Program_Member__c.Province_State__c}"/>
               <apex:inputfield value="{!Loyalty_Program_Member__c.Country__c}"/>
               <apex:inputfield value="{!Loyalty_Program_Member__c.Postal_Zip__c}"/>
        <apex:inputfield value="{!Loyalty_Program_Member__c.Home_Phone__c}"/>
               <apex:inputfield value="{!Loyalty_Program_Member__c.Mobile__c}"/>
               <apex:inputfield value="{!Loyalty_Program_Member__c.Email__c}"/>
               <apex:inputfield value="{!Loyalty_Program_Member__c.Type_of_Pet__c}"/>
        <apex:inputfield value="{!Loyalty_Program_Member__c.Product_Purchased__c}"/>
        </apex:pageblocksection>
        <apex:pageblocksection title="Retailer Information">
             <apex:inputfield value="{!Loyalty_Program_Member__c.Retailer_Name__c}"/>
             <apex:inputfield value="{!Loyalty_Program_Member__c.Retailer_Address_Street__c}"/>
        <apex:inputfield value="{!Loyalty_Program_Member__c.Retailer_Address_City__c}"/>
               <apex:inputfield value="{!Loyalty_Program_Member__c.Retailer_Address_State_Province__c}"/>
               <apex:inputfield value="{!Loyalty_Program_Member__c.Retailer_Address_Country__c}"/>
               <apex:inputfield value="{!Loyalty_Program_Member__c.Retailer_Address_Postal_Zip__c}"/>
        <apex:inputfield value="{!Loyalty_Program_Member__c.Retailer_Phone__c}"/>
               <apex:inputfield value="{!Loyalty_Program_Member__c.Retailer_Fax__c}"/>
               <apex:inputfield value="{!Loyalty_Program_Member__c.Retailer_Email__c}"/>
        </apex:pageblocksection>
        <apex:pageBlockButtons >
             <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/>
        </apex:pageBlockButtons>
       </apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>

Thanks, Roger
Hello,

https://servicesgateway.com/{version}/rest/{service}
 <ConfigElement name="cAccount" Url="https://servicesgateway.com/1/rest/searchByName" ContractID="XXXX" UserPrefix="XXXXXXX" UserID="XXXXX" Password="XXXXX" AppID="XXX" Version="1" />

I have a above link, which is link for web service.

I want to get the data from this link.

What are steps to do so using REST 

Thanks
  • October 13, 2015
Hi All

I was completed 401 certification recently . i planning to write platform 2 how can i write this exam what is the procudure for this exam plz give me some ideas.

Raj
Hi 

I am trying to build a website that can be accessed by anyone within a predefined IP range. I do not want the website to be password protected. Is this something achievable using the Force.com platform ? I know this could've been done using authenticated websites, but I'm not sure if this is possible using Communities. 

Thanks, 

Can we depug apex using check points ?? somethink like we do in .Net in VisualStudio ??

I am working on a Trailhead Challenge and receive this error when I execute.

User-added image

Create an Apex class that returns contacts based on incoming parameters.

For this challenge, you will need to create a class that has a method accepting two strings. The method searches for contacts that have a last name matching the first string and a mailing postal code (API name: MailingPostalCode) matching the second. It gets the ID and Name of those contacts and returns them.The Apex class must be called 'ContactSearch' and be in the public scope.
The Apex class must have a public static method called 'searchForContacts'.
The 'searchForContacts' method must accept two incoming strings as parameters, find any contact that has a last name matching the first, and mailing postal code matching the second string. The method should return a list of Contact records with at least the ID and Name fields.
The return type for 'searchForContacts' must be 'List<Contact>'.

Here's my code:

User-added image

Can someone assist me? Please.

Thank you,
Darren