• 10 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
What is the use of closed status pick list value on Case Object?
What salesforce internally does in case of:

1. ApexPages.addMessage(new ApexPages.Message(ApexPages.Severity.ERROR, 'Error message')
2. sObject.addError(String errorMsg)
While browsing any salesforce document from my chrome browser I'm getting this error, in incognito window or in other browser it's working fine. I have lready cleared my browser cache and cookies.

Any idea about the issue?

User-added image
I want to populate a parent field value in a chaild field for displaying in a standard visual force page. So, I thought I will create a formula field for the same, but one of my collegue said don't create formula field, create a text field and assign the text field value while creating the child record in trigger.

So, I just want to know, which approach is better and why?

NOTE: The parent child relationship is lookup relationship.
In my current org we have enabled multi currency with dated conversion rates. We have a scheduler which updates this dated currency conversion rates from another system.
Now, we need to get the exchange rate for some inactive currencies. Although, I'm able to get exchange rate for inactive currencies but I'm not able to update them using REST API.
So, my question here is:
  • Is there any workaround to update dated currency exchange rate for inactive currencies in salesforce?
  • How we can use custom object to have inactive currencies with dated exchange rates?
Hi Guys,

I have a custom object called "AsyncProcessJob", this object tracks all my async process in my system. I have to insert a record into the object then it executes some logic depending on some other field values. If the logic updates successfully then it sets the status of the record as "Success", if it fails then "Failed".

This logic fails when salesforce governor limit exceeds, in such cases it's unable to update the status as the execution stops completely.

So, I want to know is it possible to update the record after the governor limit exceeds. 

Hi All,

I'm my code I have a aggregate SOQL on currecny field, which always provides me the result in Organization default currecny(in USD). After some reaching I found there is a manual way to solve the issue ( https://developer.salesforce.com/forums?id=906F00000008y4vIAA ). In my application there are many places where we are having this issue.

So, is it possible to use "convertCurrency" function to restrict the conversion to org default?

Hi All,

I have a custom button and whose content source is a visual force page. The visualforce page is like below:

<apex:page standardController="obj__Billing_Event__c" extensions="ReleaseBEController" recordSetVar="bes" action="{!releaseBEs}"> </apex:page>

So, the page directly calls "releaseBEs" method and it does the required operation. This button is there in list view page of the Object and another button is there with exactly same functionlity and that's used in deatils page.

Using the two button user can perform some operation.

What I want is to display a confirm message if certain condition satisfies. Example: One of the field in selected record is null. If user wants to process the operation then needs to clcik on OK and if user clicks on cancel then the process will stop there. If the selected data is correct then don't neeed to display any message.

There are many examples related to this but all are using "commandbutton". This is not possible for me to change that.
I want to populate a parent field value in a chaild field for displaying in a standard visual force page. So, I thought I will create a formula field for the same, but one of my collegue said don't create formula field, create a text field and assign the text field value while creating the child record in trigger.

So, I just want to know, which approach is better and why?

NOTE: The parent child relationship is lookup relationship.
While browsing any salesforce document from my chrome browser I'm getting this error, in incognito window or in other browser it's working fine. I have lready cleared my browser cache and cookies.

Any idea about the issue?

User-added image
Hi Guys,

I have a custom object called "AsyncProcessJob", this object tracks all my async process in my system. I have to insert a record into the object then it executes some logic depending on some other field values. If the logic updates successfully then it sets the status of the record as "Success", if it fails then "Failed".

This logic fails when salesforce governor limit exceeds, in such cases it's unable to update the status as the execution stops completely.

So, I want to know is it possible to update the record after the governor limit exceeds. 

Hi All,

I'm my code I have a aggregate SOQL on currecny field, which always provides me the result in Organization default currecny(in USD). After some reaching I found there is a manual way to solve the issue ( https://developer.salesforce.com/forums?id=906F00000008y4vIAA ). In my application there are many places where we are having this issue.

So, is it possible to use "convertCurrency" function to restrict the conversion to org default?

Hi All,

I have a custom button and whose content source is a visual force page. The visualforce page is like below:

<apex:page standardController="obj__Billing_Event__c" extensions="ReleaseBEController" recordSetVar="bes" action="{!releaseBEs}"> </apex:page>

So, the page directly calls "releaseBEs" method and it does the required operation. This button is there in list view page of the Object and another button is there with exactly same functionlity and that's used in deatils page.

Using the two button user can perform some operation.

What I want is to display a confirm message if certain condition satisfies. Example: One of the field in selected record is null. If user wants to process the operation then needs to clcik on OK and if user clicks on cancel then the process will stop there. If the selected data is correct then don't neeed to display any message.

There are many examples related to this but all are using "commandbutton". This is not possible for me to change that.
Hi All,

I am instaled kepler eclipse and trying to install the force.com ide plugin as suggested in the documnet in the mentioned url https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Force.com_IDE_Installation   for some reason if i enter the url and trying to download the plugin, the urs is down or somethiing, i checked the url and ist 404 error. please share me updated url to download the plugin.