• 5 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I need some help figuring out how to do the following. I have a custom button sitting on an account page layout. The custom button is currently set to open a VF page in a new window. that currently works fine. Our users use the service console view and they would like the VF page to open in a sub-tab instead of a new window. So after clicking the button the current account page (that the button is sitting on) should remain and a new sub-tab should open up showing the new VF page. They need to copy info from the acount page and paste it into the new VF page which is why they want it in a sub-tab so they can go back and forth between the two tabs. If you can help please provide example code. I am fairly new so the more explanation you can give the better :-) Thank you.
I need some help figuring out how to do the following. I have a custom button sitting on an account page layout. The custom button is currently set to open a VF page in a new window. that currently works fine. Our users use the service console view and they would like the VF page to open in a sub-tab instead of a new window. So after clicking the button the current account page (that the button is sitting on) should remain and a new sub-tab should open up showing the new VF page. They need to copy info from the acount page and paste it into the new VF page which is why they want it in a sub-tab so they can go back and forth between the two tabs. If you can help please provide example code. I am fairly new so the more explanation you can give the better :-) Thank you.