• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi SF Community,

Sr. Mngt. has requested the following from me:

- We want to know what clients have projects that have billable-qualified timesheets this fiscal year, but no invoices.  This means that the we did billable work (timesheets) for a client, but have never invoiced them.  This last part is important, because in the query we run, we want to ensure that there have never been any invoices for a client this fiscal year (not to be confused with a client that has invoices for some projects, but no invoices for other projects).

I figure I can gleen this data from running a Projects with Timesheets custom report type, and add some filters.  The only issue is that because we have so many timesheet (timesheet_c) records per month, I can't run a report going back to the start of our fiscal year (Sept 1/18), as it will just timeout.  I would have to run a report on a monthly basis and export it to Excel and match the data by project for each month, and on and on.  I was hoping to accomplish this request with a SOQL query, but I only know the very basics of SOQL (i.e. query one object).  Wondering if someone can help?

The relationship -
Timesheet_c has a lookup field to Project_c (timesheet is child, project is parent).

The query - 
- All projects (Project_c object) created > 2018-08-31T00:00:40.000Z
AND
- Type__c (from Timesheet_c object) not equal to "Business Development, CS - Troubleshooting, Internal Admin, Invoicing, Training & Education - Self, Training & Education - Team"
AND
- Status__c (from Timesheet_c object) equals "Not Invoiced"
AND
- Invoice__c (from Timesheet_c object) equal "" (blank).   

I just want to make sure that the only clients that show up in this query are ones that have never had an invoice logged against any of their projects that meet the above filter criteria.  If they have some projects that were invoiced, and some that were not, I don't want to see them in this query.

Help?
Thanks!
Nick

Hi SF Community,

I'm somewhat new to Flow, but managed to put together a Flow (with the help of this community) that allows users to click a button (Create SOW) on my Project__c object and fill in a screen that then creates an associated SOW record (SOW__c).

I have a Record Update element at the end of the Flow (see below screen shot) that grabs the SOW Name and adds it to a field called Related Account SOW on the associated project record.  

User-added image

User-added image

I'm looking for a way (maybe a validation through another element) to check to see if a value already exists in the Related_Account_SOW__c field, and if it does, warn the user and don't let them save the record.  We don't want them overwriting this field with a new SOW record if one already exists.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Nick

Hi SF Developers,

I'm not a Developer, but rather an Admin who can dabble in code.  I was told by SF Support to come here with my question about a Flow request.

I'm new to Flow, but have worked out a flow that walks users through a series of screens in order to create a  SOW record (custom object)  via a custom button (New SOW) on a different object (Project). 

I want to pre and auto populate a few fields so the user doesn't have to do it, but I can't seem to figure it out.

1. Pre-populate Client field on Flow screen:
User-added image

2. Auto-populate Related SOW field on project page:
User-added image

I was given this set of instructions in order to accomplish the above two items, and I implemented these insturctions, yet it's not working.  Wondering if anyone can assist?

Instructions...
1. Create a Variable inside the Flow with the following specs:
> Label: recordId
> Type: Text
> Input/Output Type: Input and Output
2. Now, I assume the button would be calling the Flow by a link = 
/flow/Flow_Name?recordId={!Project__c.Id}
Update it like as above. Notice that we sending the Id of the Project record into the Variable inside of the Flow(this is why we set it to Input and Output)  - recordId

3. Now add a Fast Lookup inside the Flow(as the first element even before the Screen) that queries the Project object with a clause = 
Id equals {!recordId}
The result of the Fast Lookup will be an SObject Variable call it - project. Do not forget to query the fields that you are looking for from the Project record. 

4. You can then pre-populate the Screen Input Fields with the fields on the SObject Variable - project.

5. After you create the SOW record(I am not sure what you are using - Fast Create or Record Create but you should use another Variable to capture the Id of the SOW record that gets created), you can use an Assignment node to set the Related Account SOW field on the SObject Variable - project.

6. Then run a Fast Update on the same SObject Variable - project.

Here's a look at my Flow:
User-added image

Let me know if you need screen shots of more specific details in each flow element.
Thanks much!
Nick

Hi SF Community,

Does anyone have some simple sample code I can modify that will allow me to generate a pop-up box when a user saves a record (custom object = invoice__c)?

Thanks much!
Nick
Hi SF Community,

I'm not a Developer, but am good enough at modifying existing code to meet some needs.  I could use some help with the following request, and wondering if Design Flow can accomplish this, as opposed to code?

Does anyone know how I can have a Flow triggered based on a user's action (clicking a save button)?

I want a Flow to trigger, which pops up and asks the user a question and then updates some records based on their answer, when a user clicks the Save button on an invoice (custom object).

Basically, when a user clicks the Save button when submitting an invoice (invoice__c), a pop-up appears asking them if they want to mark associated projects (projects that appear on the invoice record) as Completed. If they say yes, Flow will update the Status field on all associated project records to 'Completed' (it's a picklist on the project object).

Does anyone know what elements I would add in the Flow Designer (on my canvas) to incorporate this?

If it's not doable, how about a basic pop-up when a user clicks the Save button on an invoice, reminding them to close associated projects if necessary.

Thanks! Nick

Hi SF Community,

I'm an Admin, not a Developer, but I have dabbled in some code to help meet some of my needs.

I recently had some help from a developer on this forum, in creating a visualforce page that I can input as a section on the Opporunity page layout.

Here's what it looks like:
User-added image

When I input values in these fields, they don't save to the related opportunity.  Does anyone know how I can accomplish this?

Here's my existing code...
Visualforce:
01<apex:page standardController="Opportunity" extensions="GroupInsertController">
02    <apex:form >      
03        <apex:pageBlock >           
04            <apex:pageblockSection >
05                <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!OpportunityAddList}" var="std">
06                    <apex:column headerValue="SOW Item">
07                        <apex:inputField value="{!std.SOW_Item__c}"/>
08                    </apex:column>
09                    <apex:column headerValue="SOW Hours">
10                        <apex:inputField value="{!std.SOW_Hours__c}"/>
11                    </apex:column>
12                    <apex:column headerValue="SOW Item Cost">
13                        <apex:inputField value="{!std.SOW_Item_Cost__c}"/>
14                    </apex:column>
15                </apex:pageBlockTable>
16                <br/><apex:commandLink value="Add Row" action="{!addRow}"/>
17                <br/><apex:commandLink value="Remove Row" action="{!delRow}"/>     
18            </apex:pageblockSection>      
19            <apex:pageblockButtons >
20                <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!groupInsert}" />
21            </apex:pageblockButtons>
22        </apex:pageBlock>
23    </apex:form>
24</apex:page>

Controller:
view sourceprint?
01public class GroupInsertController{
03    public List<Opportunity> OpportunityAddList {get;set;}
04    public List<Opportunity> opp {get; set;}
06    public GroupInsertController(ApexPages.StandardController stdController)
07    {
08        Opportunity s = new Opportunity();
09        OpportunityAddList = new List<Opportunity>();
10        opp = new List<Opportunity>();
11        OpportunityAddList.add(s);
12    }
14    public void addRow()
15    {
16        Opportunity s1 = new Opportunity();
17        OpportunityAddList.add(s1);
18    }
20    public void delRow()
21    {
22        Integer i=OpportunityAddList.size();
23        OpportunityAddList.remove(i-1);
24    }
26    public PageReference groupInsert(){
27        try{
28            for(Opportunity s2 : OpportunityAddList){
29                opp.add(s2);
30            }
31            insert opp;
32        }
33        catch (Exception e) {
34            ApexPages.addMessages (e);
35        }
36        PageReference pr = new PageReference(System.currentPageReference().getURL());
37        pr.setRedirect(true);
38        return pr;
39    }
40}

Thanks!
Nick

Hi SF Community,

I'm not a developer,  but have dabled in some code in the past.  

Wondering if anyone has some sample code I can modify/use to achieve the following (see screen shot below)?  I don't need those specific field headings, as I would substitute them with other field headings.  And I'm hoping to have that Add Row button, whereby when a user clicks it, it adds a new row.  I want to add this as a new section on the page layour of our opportunity page.

User-added image

Does anyone have some code I can use for such a thing?
Thanks much!
Nick

Hi SF Community,

I'm trying to add a visualforce page to a section within the page layout of a custom object; however, the visualforce pages option isn't showing up in the page layout (see screen shot).  Does anyone know how I can resolve this and have that option show up so I can add a visualforce page to my page layout?

User-added image

Thanks.

Nick

Hi SF Community,

I had a SF Developer code some custom pages for me.  A user is asking if I can extend the active page session so it doesn't time out until at least the 2hr marker.

Does anyone know how this might be stated in code (i.e. a specify string or tag)?

Thanks.
Nick

Hi SF Community!

I am not a Dev.  I am an Administrator.  Wanted to get that out of the way, first and foremost ;)  However, I wan to learn basic visualforce code so I can add elements to my SF org.  I've dabbled in existing code within our org, and have been an Admin long enough to understand how most of it all works.

I've created a simple custom object called Check List.  I have a few custom fields within it.  I'm going to embed a VF page within the page layout, and that's where I was hoping someone could help me out?

I've used the sample controller and VF page code from this post: https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F000000009epIAA
I want to modify it so I can include custom fields other than Name and id (per the sample in the above link).

The custom fields I want to include are:
- Assigned To (LookupUser)
- Item (Long Text Area)
- Completed (checkbox)

If anyone can help me figure out how to put these fields in this sample VF page code, that would be super helpful:
<apex:page Controller="customController">
<apex:form>
<apex:pageBlock>
<apex:pageBlockSection>
<apex:pageBlockTable Id="allcon" value="{!objlist}" var="ans" rendered="{!If(objlist != null,True,False)}" width="100%">
<apex:column ><apex:facet name="header">id</apex:facet>
                 <apex:outputfield value="{!ans.id}"></apex:outputfield>
                   </apex:column>
                <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header">Name</apex:facet>
                 <apex:outputLink Value="/{!ans.Id}">
                <apex:outputfield value="{!ans.Name}"></apex:outputfield></apex:outputLink>
                 </apex:column>
                </apex:pageBlockTable>
                </apex:pageBlockSection>
</apex:pageBlock>
</apex:form >
</apex:page>

Thanks much!
Nick

Hi SF Community,

I am not a developer, but have been known to be able to modify existing code to meet some basic needs.

With this said, can anyone provide me with some basic code for the following?
- I would like to add a modal pop-up window that contains text that I specify
- This modal window has a vertical scroll, in case content extends beyond the standard window dimensions
- A user can access this pop-up by clicking a link called 'Predefined Comments'.  

Situation is as such:
I have a custom object called Invoices, and it's based on a bunch of classes and pages that a SF developer created for me.
At the bottom of the invoice page is text box called Comments, whereby users can add comments.  
Users have predefined comments in some cases that they use over and over, and I was hoping to be able to have those comments in this modal pop-up that a user can then copy and paste into the Comments field.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!
Nick

Hi SF Community,

An ex employee who was code-savvy has left us.  I know how to modify his existing code (for a trigger) in Sandbox to meet some new needs, but I'm not sure how to create a specific unit test to be included in the valadation process of my change set.

Is there a way to bypass running tests on inbound change sets for triggers?  If not, does anyone have an idea how I can create a simple unit test for the trigger I'm looking to push to production?

Thanks!
Nick
Hi SF Community!

I'm looking to create a SOSL or SOQL query in Workbench based on the following:

- I have 3 custom objects that are related - Projects (parent), Tasks (child to projects), and timesheets (child to projects and tasks).
- I want to create a query that pulls all of the above records based on a project created date less than June 30, 2013, and a task created date or timesheet created date greater than June 30, 2013.

I'm not a developer, but have managed to create some very basic SOQL queries in workbench.  Not sure how to do this one though.  I'm using Workbench so I can export the results.

Thanks!
Nick
Hi!

I'm new to building SOQL or SOSL queries.  I'm an Administrator, not a Dev, so I don't know much about building these.  Wondering if someone can help me with the steps required to pull data using 1 query for the following?

I have custom objects called Project, Project Task, and Timesheet.  Project is the parent object, while Project Task and Timesheet are the child objects.
I want to run 1 query that will pull data based on the following request:
Part 1
- Pull timesheet records for project tasks with the following filters:
* Project task Type field value = Programming or Programming Questions
*Project task Status field value = Not Started, Awaiting Assets, Received_Reviewied, In Progress

Part 2
- Pull timesheet records related to the above project tasks that were logged at the project level (object)

I'd like to group the results by project.
Make sense?  Can anyone help with this?
Thanks!
Nick
Hi SF Community,

I'm somewhat new to Flow, but managed to put together a Flow (with the help of this community) that allows users to click a button (Create SOW) on my Project__c object and fill in a screen that then creates an associated SOW record (SOW__c).

I have a Record Update element at the end of the Flow (see below screen shot) that grabs the SOW Name and adds it to a field called Related Account SOW on the associated project record.  

User-added image

User-added image

I'm looking for a way (maybe a validation through another element) to check to see if a value already exists in the Related_Account_SOW__c field, and if it does, warn the user and don't let them save the record.  We don't want them overwriting this field with a new SOW record if one already exists.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Nick
Hi SF Community,

Does anyone have some simple sample code I can modify that will allow me to generate a pop-up box when a user saves a record (custom object = invoice__c)?

Thanks much!
Nick

Hi SF Community,

I'm an Admin, not a Developer, but I have dabbled in some code to help meet some of my needs.

I recently had some help from a developer on this forum, in creating a visualforce page that I can input as a section on the Opporunity page layout.

Here's what it looks like:
User-added image

When I input values in these fields, they don't save to the related opportunity.  Does anyone know how I can accomplish this?

Here's my existing code...
Visualforce:
01<apex:page standardController="Opportunity" extensions="GroupInsertController">
02    <apex:form >      
03        <apex:pageBlock >           
04            <apex:pageblockSection >
05                <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!OpportunityAddList}" var="std">
06                    <apex:column headerValue="SOW Item">
07                        <apex:inputField value="{!std.SOW_Item__c}"/>
08                    </apex:column>
09                    <apex:column headerValue="SOW Hours">
10                        <apex:inputField value="{!std.SOW_Hours__c}"/>
11                    </apex:column>
12                    <apex:column headerValue="SOW Item Cost">
13                        <apex:inputField value="{!std.SOW_Item_Cost__c}"/>
14                    </apex:column>
15                </apex:pageBlockTable>
16                <br/><apex:commandLink value="Add Row" action="{!addRow}"/>
17                <br/><apex:commandLink value="Remove Row" action="{!delRow}"/>     
18            </apex:pageblockSection>      
19            <apex:pageblockButtons >
20                <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!groupInsert}" />
21            </apex:pageblockButtons>
22        </apex:pageBlock>
23    </apex:form>
24</apex:page>

Controller:
view sourceprint?
01public class GroupInsertController{
03    public List<Opportunity> OpportunityAddList {get;set;}
04    public List<Opportunity> opp {get; set;}
06    public GroupInsertController(ApexPages.StandardController stdController)
07    {
08        Opportunity s = new Opportunity();
09        OpportunityAddList = new List<Opportunity>();
10        opp = new List<Opportunity>();
11        OpportunityAddList.add(s);
12    }
14    public void addRow()
15    {
16        Opportunity s1 = new Opportunity();
17        OpportunityAddList.add(s1);
18    }
20    public void delRow()
21    {
22        Integer i=OpportunityAddList.size();
23        OpportunityAddList.remove(i-1);
24    }
26    public PageReference groupInsert(){
27        try{
28            for(Opportunity s2 : OpportunityAddList){
29                opp.add(s2);
30            }
31            insert opp;
32        }
33        catch (Exception e) {
34            ApexPages.addMessages (e);
35        }
36        PageReference pr = new PageReference(System.currentPageReference().getURL());
37        pr.setRedirect(true);
38        return pr;
39    }
40}

Thanks!
Nick

Hi SF Community,

I'm not a developer,  but have dabled in some code in the past.  

Wondering if anyone has some sample code I can modify/use to achieve the following (see screen shot below)?  I don't need those specific field headings, as I would substitute them with other field headings.  And I'm hoping to have that Add Row button, whereby when a user clicks it, it adds a new row.  I want to add this as a new section on the page layour of our opportunity page.

User-added image

Does anyone have some code I can use for such a thing?
Thanks much!
Nick

Hi SF Community,

I'm trying to add a visualforce page to a section within the page layout of a custom object; however, the visualforce pages option isn't showing up in the page layout (see screen shot).  Does anyone know how I can resolve this and have that option show up so I can add a visualforce page to my page layout?

User-added image

Thanks.

Nick